Reply
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008

Re: Book didn't come yet

Hi all,

 

I thank for all of your good words. I don't know what happened to the pigeons for this time. They were never so late. Today is 11th and nothing of my book. I'm still waiting for any answer of it. Hope I can get on board soon MV5OCEAN. I had some problems with computer while I was discussing a book on FL TARRI, but everything was all right at the end.

PEN 21 I didn't know my posts were appreciated by someone here. Thanks! DSAFF I also regret this late. I was so happy for this discussion.

VERMONTCOZY I believe pigeons are having babies and hope one of these come and bring my book as soon as possible

DRAGONFLY_YAYN you can't imagine how bad is seeing the board and can't interact. Sometimes I avoid it. I come, see other boards and skip Of bees and mist. When my book arrives so I'll come back and post. But I confess it'll be a bit difficult accompain the rhythm of discussions.

 


Tarri wrote:

 

 

I feel for you. My computer broke the day after my book arrived and I just got it back last night.  Now I am trying to catch up with all the posts so I can start participating. 

 


mv5ocean wrote:

 

 

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles........hope you can get on board soon!

 


pen 21 wrote:

 

 

I love reading your posts. You are missed.

I am glad that B&N are working on it.

I will be watching for you.

pen21

 


Dsaff wrote:

 

 

I'm sorry you don't have your book yet, Marcil. We miss you in the discussion, but hopefully you will join us soon!

 


Vermontcozy wrote:

 

 

Feel better to know that BN will not disappoint you,did the Carrier Pidgeon fall in love with one of your Pretty Brazillian Pidgeons/ Thats what I think,and now they are having babies,so soon,your book will arrive.Many people are all over the place,which is good,always a discussion,..Really,you will have the last word!!  Vtc


dragonfly_yayn wrote:

 

 

That is so unfortunate, hopefully if you are reading the posts it is not driving you to mad. I will hope with you that it will be in tomorrow.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Distinguished Correspondent
TRJ4SQ
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Book didn't come yet


marciliogq wrote:

Hi all,

 

I thank for all of your good words. I don't know what happened to the pigeons for this time. They were never so late. Today is 11th and nothing of my book. I'm still waiting for any answer of it. Hope I can get on board soon MV5OCEAN. I had some problems with computer while I was discussing a book on FL TARRI, but everything was all right at the end.

PEN 21 I didn't know my posts were appreciated by someone here. Thanks! DSAFF I also regret this late. I was so happy for this discussion.

VERMONTCOZY I believe pigeons are having babies and hope one of these come and bring my book as soon as possible

DRAGONFLY_YAYN you can't imagine how bad is seeing the board and can't interact. Sometimes I avoid it. I come, see other boards and skip Of bees and mist. When my book arrives so I'll come back and post. But I confess it'll be a bit difficult accompain the rhythm of discussions.


Hey marciliogq,

 

Sorry your book hasn't arrived yet. It must be terribly frustrating but hang in there. My book arrived on schedule but I am so busy and time is so limited that I am way behind on the discussion. I know that there are a couple of other people in the same boat so we'll probably still be around to chat when you start catching up.

 

See you then! :smileyhappy:

 

Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Book didn't come yet

 

Hi TRJ4SQ,

 

It's terribly frustrating as you said not having the book while discussions are happening. You have good expectations for it and because of unknown reasons you book doesn't arrive. From BN First Looks this book was the one I most expected because it's a kind of literature completely unknown for me. It'd be a delightful experience. But... let's wait for it. I sent PaulH an e-mail and he's trying to solve my problem. Perhaps I can call UPS and relate my problem cause only through the website nothing was solved.

 

Thanks and hope we can discuss the book soon.

 

 


TRJ4SQ wrote:

 

Hey marciliogq,

 

Sorry your book hasn't arrived yet. It must be terribly frustrating but hang in there. My book arrived on schedule but I am so busy and time is so limited that I am way behind on the discussion. I know that there are a couple of other people in the same boat so we'll probably still be around to chat when you start catching up.

 

See you then! :smileyhappy:



 

 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
Posts: 2,801
Registered: ‎03-23-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Book didn't come yet

[ Edited ]

You have a PM. Yes. I'd suggest you call UPS in Brazil, as we've sent two books now that haven't been delivered.

 


marciliogq wrote:

 

Hi TRJ4SQ,

 

It's terribly frustrating as you said not having the book while discussions are happening. You have good expectations for it and because of unknown reasons you book doesn't arrive. From BN First Looks this book was the one I most expected because it's a kind of literature completely unknown for me. It'd be a delightful experience. But... let's wait for it. I sent PaulH an e-mail and he's trying to solve my problem. Perhaps I can call UPS and relate my problem cause only through the website nothing was solved.

 

Thanks and hope we can discuss the book soon.

 

 


TRJ4SQ wrote:

 

Hey marciliogq,

 

Sorry your book hasn't arrived yet. It must be terribly frustrating but hang in there. My book arrived on schedule but I am so busy and time is so limited that I am way behind on the discussion. I know that there are a couple of other people in the same boat so we'll probably still be around to chat when you start catching up.

 

See you then! :smileyhappy:



 

 


 

Message Edited by PaulH on 06-13-2009 10:44 AM
Inspired Contributor
LISA-BRYAN
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎12-16-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Book didn't come yet

I am so sorry about you having no book yet - - - I would be soooo sad.... Hang in there!
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

My book has just arrived!!!!

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,839
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


Yey !!! 

 

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!

[ Edited ]
Wow! That's impressive that Barnes and Noble called you in Brazil! I think the reason it was wet - it must have been on the slow boat to China by way of Brazil! So glad that you finally received it!

marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet.

 

 


 

Message Edited by eadieburke on 06-15-2009 03:36 PM
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


 

Baby pidgeons born,sent papa out to deliver your book..Bn has a one on one approach,you never feel like just a number..Enjoy..Vtc(Ponie is away,but I am sure she would do a little dance for you)  She,s a good soul.....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Tarri
Posts: 457
Registered: ‎02-26-2007
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


Woo Hoo!!

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!

WoooHoooo! We have missed you on the board, Marcil, and look forward to your posts. Erick's answers are awesome, and I hope you get to read them. Happy reading!!! :smileywink:


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!

Yeh!!!. How nice that B&N called you. I am waiting for your thoughts on the book.

Don't get overwhelmed with the posts. We have several weeks yet.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

pen21


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


 

 
Wordsmith
marciliogq
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0 Kudos

My book has just arrivedTh

Hi dhaupt, eadiburke. Vermontcozy,Tarri, DSaff, and pen21. You're great! Finally the book arrived. I'll you meet in the club in a few days. For now I'm too busy preparing myself for a test in a university tomorrow morning. I'm reading too many pages about English Language Teaching and Literature theory. At weekend I'll finally get the book to read.

So, only next week I'll come back and discuss it with you. Hope you have a good weekend and reading.

 

See you soon!

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrivedTh


marciliogq wrote:


   Hi marciliogq,

 

  I am also happy you finally received your book.  It will be nice to see another view point.  Happy reading.  

 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
Posts: 133
Registered: ‎01-31-2008
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!

I am so glad that your book finally arrived, even if it was damp from those carrier pigeons dropping it in the ocean!  I hope that when you do sit down to read it you will enjoy it as much as some of us have! The story is delightful and enchanting and (lucky you) you won't have to stop after only a few chapters!!  Looking forward to your thoughts!!

 

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎12-03-2008
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!


ClaudiaLuce wrote:

I am so glad that your book finally arrived, even if it was damp from those carrier pigeons dropping it in the ocean!  I hope that when you do sit down to read it you will enjoy it as much as some of us have! The story is delightful and enchanting and (lucky you) you won't have to stop after only a few chapters!!  Looking forward to your thoughts!!

 

Claudia


I was thinking exactly the same thing.

There have been some posts on other threads making statements that for reasons left unsaid (no spoilers) that this would be a book best read without having to stop.

I don't personally feel that way, but it will be interesting to see the viewpoint from someone who doesn't have to stop and see if their take is any different.......

New User
Momwhohugs1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello,

I'm Shannon and I live in midcoast Maine. I'm 45 with one grown son and another who is 14.

 

Shannon

Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎05-10-2009
0 Kudos

Re: My book has just arrived!!!!

CONGRATS! Enjoy your reading and I look forward to hearing your opinion.


marciliogq wrote:

Yupiiiiiiii!!!!! My book has just arrived. A bit crumped and wet, I don't know what happened to it but what matters is its content. I heard my bell ringing so my sister called me and I went downstairs like an airplane LOL. And there was the delivery and my book! I'll start it by the weekend cause I have too many things to do! Thanks all, thanks PaulH for all.

I'll try to get the board rhythm if possible yet as too many people wrote their opinions and I don't know if it's possible to accompain all of them. Someone from BN called me to confirm the book arrival.What a surprise for me! It's what I call absolute attention.

 


 

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the group, Shannon.  :smileywink:


Momwhohugs1 wrote:

Hello,

I'm Shannon and I live in midcoast Maine. I'm 45 with one grown son and another who is 14.

 

Shannon


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com