Reply
Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

Hello Hello!  ponie here!!!  I have been hovering over the site since 10:00 my time.  At 11:00 AM (my time) registration began and I was on it like white on rice!!! :smileyvery-happy: So I am registered.  Let the book waiting dance begin!!!! :smileytongue:

I am part of the B&N Online Book Club Minneapolis MN Contingent  :smileywink:..In the previous FL there were 13 of us.  I wonder how many will be returning to this FL? 

This selection looks very interesting.  This is my 3rd FL adventure!


Hey ponie,

 

  I too was hovering most of the morning while checking for any unread posts.  I saw the message that the new book had been posted at 11:56AM here on the East Coast, so I immediately went up and registered.  So I guess I am also doing the book waiting dance.  

 


 

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 
ponie
Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


pode wrote:

I'm registered and ready to go.  The new book sounds intriguing. This will be my 3rd FL book, assuming I'm accepted.  My new daughter-in-law just registered which will make this even more interesting.

 

Okay, so before the next FIRST LOOK discussion starts........would someone please tell me what it means to "tag", when it's appropriate to "tag", how to "tag", why to "tag"?  I've googled but don't really get it.  (ponie, this is for you, too!)

 

Thank you!!!

 

pode


 

That makes 4 Minnesotans so far!!!!!
ponie
Reader 2
johndb
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎04-30-2009

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi! I'm new to First Look bookclub. My daughter told me to sign up because she enjoyed the last book so much. Looking forward to all the discussions. I live in southeast PA and my daughter lives in Charlottesville VA.
The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I just want to read this book today..perfect timing BN,we can all get lost in another demension,and a page turner for sure..I have been in 2 FL..and the 3rd one that most of you were in,I just couldn't at that time..altho my Daughter did enjoy it,,I will have her write a review,its only fair...I am VermontCozy but go by Vtc...Looking forward to reeiving it and being as active in the book club like I was before.....A big Hi to "The Mn Girls"  especially Miss  ponie  ...V    PS..PAUL,I CAN'T REGISTER..LINK NOT BRINGING ME ANYWHERE..THANKS Vtc
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

Hello Hello!  ponie here!!!  I have been hovering over the site since 10:00 my time.  At 11:00 AM (my time) registration began and I was on it like white on rice!!! :smileyvery-happy: So I am registered.  Let the book waiting dance begin!!!! :smileytongue:

I am part of the B&N Online Book Club Minneapolis MN Contingent  :smileywink:..In the previous FL there were 13 of us.  I wonder how many will be returning to this FL? 

This selection looks very interesting.  This is my 3rd FL adventure!


Hey ponie,

 

  I too was hovering most of the morning while checking for any unread posts.  I saw the message that the new book had been posted at 11:56AM here on the East Coast, so I immediately went up and registered.  So I guess I am also doing the book waiting dance.  

 


 

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 

   ROFL

 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


johndb wrote:
Hi! I'm new to First Look bookclub. My daughter told me to sign up because she enjoyed the last book so much. Looking forward to all the discussions. I live in southeast PA and my daughter lives in Charlottesville VA.

   Hi johndb, 

 

  Pull up a chair and enjoy.  Welcome to First Look. 

 

 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
Posts: 156
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi,

 

I'm Amanda.  

 

I let my kids run wild through the back yard (instead of us all going grocery shopping) so that I wouldn't miss the sign up time.

 

This looks like an amazing read and I can't wait to start.

 

I would say that B&N is really outdoing themselves with this and the last FL selection - thank you!!!

 

Cheers,

Amanda

Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

Hello Hello!  ponie here!!!  I have been hovering over the site since 10:00 my time.  At 11:00 AM (my time) registration began and I was on it like white on rice!!! :smileyvery-happy: So I am registered.  Let the book waiting dance begin!!!! :smileytongue:

I am part of the B&N Online Book Club Minneapolis MN Contingent  :smileywink:..In the previous FL there were 13 of us.  I wonder how many will be returning to this FL? 

This selection looks very interesting.  This is my 3rd FL adventure!


Hey ponie,

 

  I too was hovering most of the morning while checking for any unread posts.  I saw the message that the new book had been posted at 11:56AM here on the East Coast, so I immediately went up and registered.  So I guess I am also doing the book waiting dance.  

 


 

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 

   ROFL

 


 

As I recall, I think it was the Casting Call thread of TPBODD, your lovely wife spent some time ROFL-ing!!!:smileyvery-happy:  You two are something else!!! 
ponie
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

Hello Hello!  ponie here!!!  I have been hovering over the site since 10:00 my time.  At 11:00 AM (my time) registration began and I was on it like white on rice!!! :smileyvery-happy: So I am registered.  Let the book waiting dance begin!!!! :smileytongue:

I am part of the B&N Online Book Club Minneapolis MN Contingent  :smileywink:..In the previous FL there were 13 of us.  I wonder how many will be returning to this FL? 

This selection looks very interesting.  This is my 3rd FL adventure!


Hey ponie,

 

  I too was hovering most of the morning while checking for any unread posts.  I saw the message that the new book had been posted at 11:56AM here on the East Coast, so I immediately went up and registered.  So I guess I am also doing the book waiting dance.  

 


 

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 

   ROFL

 


 

As I recall, I think it was the Casting Call thread of TPBODD, your lovely wife spent some time ROFL-ing!!!:smileyvery-happy:  You two are something else!!! 

Yes, we do enjoy ourselves and each other.  I am lucky to have found her.  She keeps me young and energized. 

 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


Amanda-Louise wrote:

Hi,

 

I'm Amanda.  

 

I let my kids run wild through the back yard (instead of us all going grocery shopping) so that I wouldn't miss the sign up time.

 

This looks like an amazing read and I can't wait to start.

 

I would say that B&N is really outdoing themselves with this and the last FL selection - thank you!!!

 

Cheers,

Amanda


 

Amanda, I know what you mean...I cleared my calendar today so I could complete

Phase One: get'er done! and move on to Phase Two: patiently (ha!) wait til I'm (seemingly) blue!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

ponie
gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
Posts: 128
Registered: ‎12-18-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi,

 

I'd just finished the First Look on the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane which I loved and I'm very excited about Bees and Mist.  It sounds unusual and new.

 

I'm in Brooklyn, NY and hope to join this First Look session!

 

GL

Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


Vermontcozy wrote:
I just want to read this book today..perfect timing BN,we can all get lost in another demension,and a page turner for sure..I have been in 2 FL..and the 3rd one that most of you were in,I just couldn't at that time..altho my Daughter did enjoy it,,I will have her write a review,its only fair...I am VermontCozy but go by Vtc...Looking forward to reeiving it and being as active in the book club like I was before.....A big Hi to "The Mn Girls"  especially Miss  ponie  ...V    PS..PAUL,I CAN'T REGISTER..LINK NOT BRINGING ME ANYWHERE..THANKS Vtc

 

Hey!VTC!! glad you are coming along this time!!!  You were missed. 

Thanks for the Big Hi to The MN Girls!!!  4 and counting!!!  Could be some guys as well...time will tell! 

ponie
Wordsmith
ponie
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎01-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

MSaff wrote:

ponie wrote:

Hello Hello!  ponie here!!!  I have been hovering over the site since 10:00 my time.  At 11:00 AM (my time) registration began and I was on it like white on rice!!! :smileyvery-happy: So I am registered.  Let the book waiting dance begin!!!! :smileytongue:

I am part of the B&N Online Book Club Minneapolis MN Contingent  :smileywink:..In the previous FL there were 13 of us.  I wonder how many will be returning to this FL? 

This selection looks very interesting.  This is my 3rd FL adventure!


Hey ponie,

 

  I too was hovering most of the morning while checking for any unread posts.  I saw the message that the new book had been posted at 11:56AM here on the East Coast, so I immediately went up and registered.  So I guess I am also doing the book waiting dance.  

 


 

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 

   ROFL

 


 

As I recall, I think it was the Casting Call thread of TPBODD, your lovely wife spent some time ROFL-ing!!!:smileyvery-happy:  You two are something else!!! 

Yes, we do enjoy ourselves and each other.  I am lucky to have found her.  She keeps me young and energized. 

 


 

Take note DSaff, you are a lucky woman!!!!!!!:smileywink:
ponie
Distinguished Correspondent
PiperMurphy
Posts: 174
Registered: ‎09-19-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello Everyone,

 

I've sent my registration and now I'm waiting as patiently (or maybe impatiently) as I can for my confirmation and book to arrive. Of Bees and Mist is exactly the kind of book I like to read, so I'm ready to get started. I had so much fun during our last discussion that it is going to be hard waiting a whole entire month for this one to begin.

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
~Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus~
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

good to see you too Debbie :smileywink:

 


dhaupt wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

It's me, Vivian from Oklahoma. I have done all of the first look books but the last one. I knew I would be busy elsewhere and it wasn't one of high interest to me, so I did not sign up for it, so someone else would get the book and be in the club who did want it and had the time. Now I am back and this one sounds good and I am ready to see old friends (and new ones I hope) and discuss a book again! See you in a month! :smileywink:


Hi Vivian, welcome back. Missed you last time.

 


 

 

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
AMoriarty
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎12-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello! My name is Anne and I'm from MA. This will be my 3rd First Look book if I signed up correctly and get the chance to read Of Bees and Mist. Speaking of signing up....I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the PM was slightly different then previous times. My other book requests went to an EDITOR at First Look. This one seemed to be sent directly to BeesMistReg mailbox. I see it in my sent folder, but I am nervous I have done something wrong. I would hate to miss out on the chance for this book because I am computer illiterate. (I have spent too many hours reading books I guess and not enough time on a pc!) If anyone can tell me if they think this sounds ok or if I should retry my registration attempt I would greatly appreciate it! I'm looking forward to another great read and a chance to discuss it with this insightful group.
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Pode. I use tags to help me find information again. I name them things like, "book suggestions or board information" I found the following post helpful with the new features of the boards. So here is the link and a copy of the section on tags. It is by Jon_B.

 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=announcements&message.id=335

 

Tags

 

Tags are a new feature that helps you keep track of information in the way that makes the most sense to you.  If you see a lot of different posts in different boards that are all about a certain genre of fiction, you can give all of those posts the same tag – and then use that tag to pull up all of those posts in different areas.  You can use a tag to indicate a subject of interest in a post, a particular author, a note that you’d like to see more information on the topic, or anything you like.  And other users’ tags are visible to you as well, so if you see that someone’s tagging posts in a useful way, you can use those same tags and add posts to them yourself as well.

 


pode wrote:

I'm registered and ready to go.  The new book sounds intriguing. This will be my 3rd FL book, assuming I'm accepted.  My new daughter-in-law just registered which will make this even more interesting.

 

Okay, so before the next FIRST LOOK discussion starts........would someone please tell me what it means to "tag", when it's appropriate to "tag", how to "tag", why to "tag"?  I've googled but don't really get it.  (ponie, this is for you, too!)

 

Thank you!!!

 

pode


 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
nlsamson
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎03-18-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Nancy, also from Western MA.  This will be my second first look (hopefully, fingers crossed).  This book looks very interesting, I can't wait.  I fully enjoyed Deliverance Dane, and have been talking about it nonstop at work.  With no vacations scheduled again until August, you guys may just be "stuck" with me. (now that I understand the whole concept a little better)

 

And Ponie:

 

That stuff that covers my furniture(whenever I find a really good book) is called dust? Go figure! :smileywink:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Anne. The registration was set up differently this time. It seems that this book's registration has its own mailbox. :smileywink:  In the past, we clicked on a link that took us to a pre-filled PM that we could add our information to. While I was nervous, and checked the address/subject line a few times, I did what they asked, so I think we will be fine.Welcome to another reader from MA!


AMoriarty wrote:
Hello! My name is Anne and I'm from MA. This will be my 3rd First Look book if I signed up correctly and get the chance to read Of Bees and Mist. Speaking of signing up....I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the PM was slightly different then previous times. My other book requests went to an EDITOR at First Look. This one seemed to be sent directly to BeesMistReg mailbox. I see it in my sent folder, but I am nervous I have done something wrong. I would hate to miss out on the chance for this book because I am computer illiterate. (I have spent too many hours reading books I guess and not enough time on a pc!) If anyone can tell me if they think this sounds ok or if I should retry my registration attempt I would greatly appreciate it! I'm looking forward to another great read and a chance to discuss it with this insightful group.

 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Well, you know, laughter is the BEST medicine! <vbg>

ponie wrote:

Mike,  I have just barely rested up from our previous TPBODD adventure!!  Maybe got 2 loads of laundry done!!! :smileywink:   And now we're off again on our next ride! :smileyhappy: This looks exciting.  I've decide dust is protective coating for my furniture so I no longer remove it!!!! :smileytongue: Gives me more time to read and respond to posts!!!  :smileyvery-happy: 

   ROFL

 


 

As I recall, I think it was the Casting Call thread of TPBODD, your lovely wife spent some time ROFL-ing!!!:smileyvery-happy:  You two are something else!!! 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com