Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

Re: Colson Whitehead's Map of Sag Harbor

Great idea; thanks--I just did the same thing!

Joan

Contributor
KimberlyH
0 Kudos

Great map!  I would love to see the old car location.  I had the island completely backwards in my mind!
Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Read-n-Rider wrote:

Great idea; thanks--I just did the same thing!

Joan

Me, too. Great thinking.

Contributor
SallyRose
0 Kudos

I really love the map..it helps to pin point the places as my mind had a very different picture...more like a dream sequence.  Now it will all seem more real.
SallyRose
Contributor
Jess_H
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting this!  It helps to better visualize the group of boys roaming through the streets of Sag Harbor.
Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

What a great map!  I love all the little details.  It really helped me visualize the story.  I agree that it would be a great addition to the published book.
Frequent Contributor
cocospals
0 Kudos

I love the map and do hope it will be part of the published book. It is funny though, I thought Mr. Whiteheads description of Sag Harbor was so clear and so descriptive that I had it pictured almost the same way as the map shows it.
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there - John Wooden