Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to First Look! I'm Rachel Kubie, and I'm excited to be moderating a book club for Colson Whitehead's new novel, Sag Harbor. Can't wait for us to get reading! Please use this space to introduce yourselves.
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi

I'm Bonnie, a school psychologist with three grown kids from NC. I've participated in all but one of the first look discussions. I am only able to actually post to the boards now from work (my home computer didn't gel with the new format) but am a quick reader and can spend a few minutes M-F posting my thoughts.

Frequent Contributor
booksJT
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is June this will be my second first look book. I hope this one is successful as the first one. Looking forward to reading something new.

Contributor
mdreik
0 Kudos

Hello. This is my first review using your bookclub and I'm excited for the opportunity. This author is unfamiliar to me and I look forward to reading something new.
mdreik
Frequent Contributor
bookworm_gp
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Gail, from Philadelphia, newly retired from my day job.  

This will be my second time participating in First Look.

"A Fortunate Age" engendered a lot of comment, both positive and negagtive and it was a lively and interesting discussion. I haven't read anything by this author and I look forward to getting the book and sharing opinions. 

http://write-juncture.blogspot.com/
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Gail_Pruszkowski
http://www.facebook.com/gail.pruszkowski
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bookworm_gp

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I'm Debbie from a small farming community near the St. Louis Metro area, 54, married, one grown daughter, I work full time for a graphic design company, I am on the board of directors of the St. Charles City/County Library District, I'm a voracious reader, and have been part of the First Look program from the start and have enjoyed immensely sharing with others in the program as well as the authors. Can't wait til this one starts.
Frequent Contributor
mrsvaljones
0 Kudos

Hello everyone...I'm Valerie Jones...living here in sunny (for the most part) Southern California...I'm looking forward to being part of this First Look Book CLub. I'm a single mother of two boys (ages 4 and 2) and a full time student majoring in anthropology. I can't wait to have some wonderful discussions and read this book...till then ciao
Valerie Jones
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams..." -Dr. Seuss
Correspondent
bud12
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. My name is Jo and I'm excited to check out this on-line bookclub. The novel sounds interesting and I'll look forward to the discussion once the book arrives. Now that  I'm an empty-nestor I have time to enjoy a good book. One daughter just graduated college and the other is a sophomore in college in the midwest. I'm starting to really enjoy my free time and I'm from New York State..
Jo
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I've done almost all of the First Look Books but I took a break during A Fortunate Age.  Sag Harbor sounds great, like nothing I've ever read before and I look forward to discussing it with familiar and not so familiar names.  I'm from frigid northeastern Ohio and enjoy curling up in a comfy chair with a good book and beverage while kids, husband and cats entertain themselves.
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello Readers;

I hope we are in for another pleasant read from this author about Sag Harbor. I have been on these clubs since they started and before that I was enrolled in Barnes and Noble University reading myself happy. I am Linda, from central Va., retired so I can read, read and some more. Happy reading to us all!

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.  This is Ebony from cold, snowy North St. Louis County, MO.  I've enjoyed the First Look discussions and look forward to this one.
Contributor
akymberli
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  I have a background in the book business and really miss my book-talk days, so I am looking forward to reading and discussing this new novel.  It is great to find a forum with so many dedicated readers!  If only the others knew what they were missing :smileyhappy:

Kim 

Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

Hi  I'm Yvonne and have been part of all the first look books. Sag Harbor sounds like a great read and I'm looking forward to it.
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I signed up for "Sag Harbor" yesterday.  Looking forward to reading the book and the discussion.   I have had "John Henry Days" on my to read table for a while, I don't know if I can get through both books in a month or not, but I will move it way up on my stack.  I have participated in all the First Look discussions.  I am having trouble finishing "A Fortunate Age".  But I keep plugging away.

MG

Distinguished Correspondent
Shadowwolf36
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My name is Sue and I am from Central MA. This will be my 3rd first look book and I totally enjoy the books and all of the ideas and thoughts from everyone who discusses the books on here. I look forward to this book. Definitely sounds like something I will enjoy!!

New User
Robyn66
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Robyn and I live down south in humid Houston.  I am an avid reader but this is my first time participating in the First Look book club. 

I look forward to reading and discussing Sag Harbor.

Talk to you'all soon!

Inspired Contributor
mapleann
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Maple from rural Alaska. This will be my second First Look title. I have finished A Fortunate Age, which I found both the book and the bookclub to be a rewarding experience. I look forward to another lively discussion. Until then I will be reading some old epic classics and the book selected by my local library bookclub. I don't have satellite, so I'll read, read, and then read some more during these dark and cold winter months.
New User
sunnyFD
0 Kudos

Hi..

I'm Fonda from NC and this is my first experience with First Look.  I'm single and I don't have any children.  Not sure what to expect but I'm ready - hopefully.  haha.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Carolyn from northern Virginia.  I was thrilled to discover that there is a new First Look book so soon after A Fortunate Age.  This will be my 4th First Look book.  I read Songs for the Missing, The Mighty Queens of Freeville, and A Fortunate Age.  It's been a rewarding experience. 
Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

Good morning from the snowy seacoast of NH,

I am a school librarian enjoying another snow day. Between power outages and snow we have had 6 days off this year. Not sure how we are going to make them up :smileysad:

Looking forward to discussing a new book  - Helen