Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
jayne25
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Jayne from the Connecticut Shoreline.  I am a fifth grade teacher, love to read as a way to relax after a very hectic day, and especially love to talk about books :smileyhappy: !  As the snow continues to fall here, I am looking forward to curling up with Sag Harbor, a cup of tea, and great book discussion! I've marked February 16th on my calendar!  Be back soon.....
Correspondent
SandyS
0 Kudos

I'm Sandy from Lake Minnetonka MN but wintering in Wewahitchka FL.  This will be my fourth First Look book. First Look is my savior while away from my two Minnesota bookclubs.

Thanks B&N.

Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Lisa and I am from South Carolina. I am really looking forward to reading Sag Harbor!!
Frequent Contributor
Dances_through_Books
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Kati, from freezing cold Wisconsin. This is my second First Look book. My first was A Fortunate Age. I had a great time reading the book, and participating in discussions; can't wait to start on Sag Harbor!
Correspondent
m3girl
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Susan and I've done five or six of these and have enjoyed every one of them.  A few of the books we read so far have become favorites.  I look forward to the discussions on this book and notice that our start date is coming up quickly - so I hope to get the book soon and will have to get reading!!

Susan - from freezing cold Chicago! 

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello again. I received my email saying I am in the next first look. Great! See you all when it starts!    Linda
Contributor
Jusship
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, I'm Justine from sunny Singapore. This is my first time participating in First Look and I'm looking forward to reading the book and participating in the discussion.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

This is my 2nd First look,this being your first,this will be quite a treat ..I live in Vermont and believe that BNBC is the place for all of us who like to be challenged,relaxed,and feeding our passion for reading...Welcome and Hi.....
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
GSB65
0 Kudos

I am Stephenie from Iowa and this will be my second First Look discussion.  I've never read Colson Whitehead, but the story looks great.  I'm looking forward to reading and discussing with everyone.

Contributor
nikkid
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

My name is Nichole and this is my 3rd First Look Book.  I am looking forward to receiving Sag Harbor and discussing it. 

Thank you B&N for this great opportunity!

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Jen and I am a second grade teacher in MA.  I am looking forward to reading this book, it looks interesting.  I have participated in a few First Looks.  I just participated in "A Fortunate Age", however I got behind in reading the postings and, as many of you know, once you get behing it is hard to catch up.  I am hoping to stay on track with this book and participate fully in the discussions.
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

cheer4lvw wrote:

Hi!  I'm Michelle.  This is my 4th first look book through B&N.  I am an elementary school teacher who wishes she had more time to read.  I try to find a balance between books to challenge me, books to entertain me, and children's books.  I just finished Wuthering Heights for the 3rd time! 

I can't wait to read another "adult" book!

I understand what you mean.  I am an elementary school teacher too and I wish I had more time to read as well. 

--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
lmpmn
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!  I'm Laura from Minnesota.  I've been a member of First Look several times.  Glad to be here again after a short "vacation!"  I'm looking forward to all the great discussions.
Happiness is a warm blanket!
Reader
nytngale128
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Elaine and I work as a nurse. Reading is one of my favorite pasttimes and this is the first book club. I look forward to discussion and review and many books. My favorite books are thrillers, special ops theme books, crime drama, mysteries and romanace although other genres do catch my eye now and then. See ya all soon.
chris227
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Christina from NJ.  I'm married, have a one year old daughter, and am a registered nurse.  This will be my second First Look book club and I look forward to the book and reading all of your comments.
Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

I'm so happy to be a member of First Look again. The discussions here are excellent. It's always great fun to meet the authors and editors. I can't wait to get started!!

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania. We've got lots of snow, so I have plenty of time for reading!

Nancy

biljounc63
0 Kudos

I'm from western Massachusetts and this is my second First Look. I usually read thrillers and I am using these opportunities to expose myself to different genre. Looking forward to get started.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Correspondent
bud12
0 Kudos

Since I haven't got a confirmation as yet, should I assume I'm not in the club for this book? I thought my introduction was early enough to express my interest but I haven't heard anything as yet, and so many others have heard. Hopefully it is not too late. Would love to know the answer to this.
Jo
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Where did you look for your confirmation? 

In your private message box?  Because one was sent to you on 2-03-2009 at 11:22 AM.

bud12 wrote:
Since I haven't got a confirmation as yet, should I assume I'm not in the club for this book? I thought my introduction was early enough to express my interest but I haven't heard anything as yet, and so many others have heard. Hopefully it is not too late. Would love to know the answer to this.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome....You will have a wonderful First Look experience, I am the ultimate optimist..this has been an eye opener for myself and learning ,and writing,and just having a challenging,time....Sag Harbor would seem to me a great way to start your experience here on BNBC......This is my 2nd First Look and have been very pleased with the caliber of people here..there is something for everyone...Enjoy   I live in Vt.Beautiful,magical Vt..Everyone here on BNBC are very helpful, so ask any questions you wish.....Vtcozy 
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer