New User
csmmom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Everyone!  My name is Candice and I am a school counselor from NY!  This is my first time participating in the B&N First Look Book Club and I am looking forward to it!

Happy Reading!

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Hi again!

i just wanted to say how excited to begin this latest First Look book! It sounds great, although  I have not read anything by Whitehead.

Lisa (waiting not very patiently for the UPS guy to stop by!)

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
New User
ShaQuan
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My name is ShaQuan and I'm from Boston.  This is my first time participating in a First Look and I'm really excited.  I've always wanted to participate and I'm happy to have the chance.  I look forward to discussing this book with everyone.

Inspired Contributor
BDonnelly
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Beth from upstate New York and thrilled to be a part of my third First Look book discussion.  There is something so thrilling about getting a book delivered to your door (and free, too) and look forward to the discussion since I've finally mastered the computer part.  I have two children - a 19 year old son in college and a 16 year old daughter in high school.  I am a chiropractor hoping for early retirement so that I can just read - somewhere warm would be nice.
Reader 2
jayne25
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Jayne again from the CT Shoreline and excited to say that I received my ARC of Sag Harbor!  So, be patient and get ready to read!  The first page got me quite curious, but I had to reluctantly put it down in order to score writing assessments (I'm a fifth grade teacher).  Can't wait to really give this book my undivided attention and start discussion!

Be back soon.... :smileyhappy:

New User
kteacher
0 Kudos

I just signed in... Hoping I get confirmation! Looking forward to being a part of First Look.
Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

Hello, Everyone--I'm Joan from upstate NY.  I've been in on all of the First Look books so far, and am happy to say that my copy of Sag Harbor arrived today!  Soooooo, I'm going to get busy reading--looking forward to discussing the book with all of you.  Thanks, B&N and Maria, for this opportunity.  You, too, Rachel; I was sorry to see that Karen won't be here for this one, but I'm sure you'll do a fine job, too!

Joan

Frequent Contributor
patfayo
0 Kudos

Hi....I received my confirmation yesterday and when I got home from work today the book was here.  Can't wait to start to read it !!

Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Liz. I'm from CA. This is my 2nd First Look and I'm looking forward to this one. I'm an avid reader and book collecter. There are stacks of books in every room.
New User
Rosebee
0 Kudos

Hi, I just received my confirmation and am excited to be a part of this book club! This will be my first "First Look" and I am really looking forward to diving into Sag Harbor.

Rosby

We are free to choose the life we live.
Contributor
Mytwoblessings
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Robin and this will be my first book to review for first look.  I'm looking forward to reading the book and joining in on the discussion. I currently blog at www.mytwoblessings.blogspot.com.  
Contributor
SallyRose
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Sally and I am living in Jacksonville, FL near St, Augustine.  I am retired for the most part and I really enjoy getting curled up with a book.  I have 5 grown, happy,  and independent children and 9 Grandchildren. 
SallyRose
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to joining in on this First Look. I just participated in my first one last time and really enjoyed it. I'm a single mom of 3 boys, 2 are in college and one who will become a teenager in a couple of weeks. Live about an hour west of Nashville and commute daily to a job I love. Can't wait to get my copy and dig in!!!!
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

I started out in it, but had some health issues and other things and just couldn't do it, but I did join in on the bookclub I had already finished, The Lace Reader here with the author for the month. I love when the author is here for the whole month (the new reads club). Its a shame more people don't check those out. We used to have a selection of at least 3 of those, maybe its because its just one now and some people just aren't interested in that one particular book, but I feel bad for the authors who are willing to give their time to the whole month and only maybe 4 people in there cause everyone crowds the free books here. Some of those with the author here for a month are first time authors too and really great books! In December, the book, The Good Thief was by a first time author and a really good book! Anyway, February's book seems to be following a theme of what those books are, so I decided to come try in here again instead, so yep, I will be around. :smileywink:

EbonyAngel wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. I have been in all but the last first look club. I see my pm got read so will be looking forward to discussing the book with you all when I get it and start reading. Hope its a great read, then it can be my birthday gift from B&N :smileywink: lol.

Hey, good to see you here.  Missed you last time with "A Fortunate Age".

Message Edited by vivico1 on 02-05-2009 09:40 AM

What board is that on?  Might be something I can get into.

Contributor
brezi
0 Kudos

Hi all, My name is Beth Brezinski and I'm 37 yrs old. I work for an insurance company and am an avid reader in my spare time. This will be my third "First Look" book and am really enjoying this program. Hopefully the UPS truck will stop by my house with the book today. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Its like I said, it's under "NEW READS" each month. They advertise it the same way they do the other main clubs for the month, like this one or the one with an author a week in there. Hey we have had some great convos with the authors in there and even about stuff by the end of the month that isnt even about the book lol, like family stuff. They are in there all over each thread talking to you so its really pretty fun, depending on the group and the author. I have become email buddies with 3 of them now so I get a heads up on some of their new stuff too. There are 4 of us who look for them every month to see what the book is going to be even if we don't know the author or they are new. This is the first month I have not done that club in ages, but we will see what comes up for March :smileywink:

EbonyAngel wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

I started out in it, but had some health issues and other things and just couldn't do it, but I did join in on the bookclub I had already finished, The Lace Reader here with the author for the month. I love when the author is here for the whole month (the new reads club). Its a shame more people don't check those out. We used to have a selection of at least 3 of those, maybe its because its just one now and some people just aren't interested in that one particular book, but I feel bad for the authors who are willing to give their time to the whole month and only maybe 4 people in there cause everyone crowds the free books here. Some of those with the author here for a month are first time authors too and really great books! In December, the book, The Good Thief was by a first time author and a really good book! Anyway, February's book seems to be following a theme of what those books are, so I decided to come try in here again instead, so yep, I will be around. :smileywink:

EbonyAngel wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. I have been in all but the last first look club. I see my pm got read so will be looking forward to discussing the book with you all when I get it and start reading. Hope its a great read, then it can be my birthday gift from B&N :smileywink: lol.

Hey, good to see you here.  Missed you last time with "A Fortunate Age".

Message Edited by vivico1 on 02-05-2009 09:40 AM

What board is that on?  Might be something I can get into.

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
atkinst2
0 Kudos

Hi,   My name is Theresa.   This will be my 3rd First Look Club.   I do not post often, however, enjoy reading everyone elses post and love to read the books.

New User
Firefly_1
0 Kudos

Hello

My name is Carol and a warm hello to all from frosty North Idaho.  This is my first time for First Look so am looking forward to a new experience. 

Reader
GracieGirl
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Melode and I just discovered the First Look Book Club.  I sent in my request last night, I hope it's not to late to participate.  I live in chilly New York, Hudson Valley area and this sounds like a great book to keep warm with.  I love to pick up books by authors I am not familiar with and find an unexpected gem so this club is perfect for me.
New User
Arlene54
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Arlene.  This is the first time that I will be participating and the first book that I read from this author.  So, as you can imagine, I am eager to get started.  Regards.