Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

For those of you keeping score at home, I received my book today. I live in Charlottesville, Virginia, and received my confirmation on Monday. Thanks B&N! I'm looking forward to reading it and to the discusison to come.
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

krb2g wrote:
For those of you keeping score at home, I received my book today. I live in Charlottesville, Virginia, and received my confirmation on Monday. Thanks B&N! I'm looking forward to reading it and to the discusison to come.

I am keeping score and I've been to the front door twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything  :smileywink:  so far no book  :smileysad:.  

Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

My book came yesterday. I am looking forward to reading this book. I should have more time to read it than I did the last one. I am excited about participating in great discussions. I have enjoyed most of the first look books that I have read. 
Contributor
mchwest
0 Kudos

Hello, this is my first book in the First Book Reader, it arrived today, I'm still trying to get over the free book idea... this should be fun, I'm from the frozen land of Massachusetts and will try to dedicate time to the discussion, so let's read on, Mary
Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

Yippee!! I received my book on Friday evening. It arrived very quickly. I'm anxious to start it. Thank you B&N.
Reader
Katt1029
0 Kudos

Hi...I am Kathi and I live in MA.  I just got the book today and cannot wait to start it!

This is my first online book club.  I am a stay at home mom of 3 girls, 6, 4 and 2.  I read quite a bit but only when they are in bed...you may see posts from me at 1 in the morning sometimes!  :-)

thank you

K

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome Janice..Hope its semi back to everyday life for you and your family..this is a great place to be and Sag Harbor,has every indication of being a very good book..This is my second First Look and was curious to read and post during the discussion.it was great.Ask any questions and someone will have the answer no matter what it is you need to know,no question is ever a wrong one......Vtc
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome Kevin..I was raised in Brooklyn,and winded up in Vermont...This is a great place to be..always fresh ideas,and never ever boring...I have also spent time out that way..East Hampton,Montauck...its been at least 8 yrs since I have been back...The little I have read about Colsom,has me wanting more..Hope to see u here when the discussion begins We get to interact with the Author,its great..Bye for now Vtc.
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
julyso
0 Kudos

Hi! I am very excited to get the chance to head Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead. I've never read anything by him.  That is one of the things I love about the First Look book club, reading books I probably wouldn't read normally. I've read several of the First Look books and it is always interesting. Sometimes I love the book, sometimes I don't, but I always enjoy the experience.

By the way, my name is Julie and I am a librarian at a junior high school in West Texas. I love to read, scrapbook, work outdoors, and play with my animals!

Julie
Contributor
Margaret42
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My name is Margie and I received my reply on-line and the next day I came home from work and my book was here!  I live in a small town in Ontario and work full-time at the local library.  I have been involved in FirstLook discussions before and I love the insightful comments that people make and I always wish I had noticed things like that.

Margie

m a r g a r e t~
Frequent Contributor
candeny6
0 Kudos

I also received my book yesterday (Friday) and already started it!  My husband and I were up at our main church an hour away last night and this morning, so I had time to read it in the hotel.  So far, so good!  I can't wait to start the discussion next week.  I hope to see the schedule posted soon.

Candi

Candi
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello;

I received my book Saturday and was thrilled because like some of the rest I was just recently confirmed. I have read the first hundred pages. I really haven't formed an opinion yet. Can't wait until we discuss it!

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

Hello;

I received my book Saturday and was thrilled because like some of the rest I was just recently confirmed. I have read the first hundred pages. I really haven't formed an opinion yet. Can't wait until we discuss it!

Sorry I meant Friday! Today is still Saturday! smile.
Inspired Contributor
gringorn
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have done several of the first look book clubs and they are a great opportunity to read a new book and hear other people's opinions compared to my own.  I have really enjoyed most of the books and have even recommended three of them to my own book club.

I love to read, play with my grandchildren and do projects around my house like learning to put up crown molding, crazy paint techniqes and try international recipes.

I am looking forward to this newest book.

Mary

Contributor
LisaMM80
0 Kudos

It sounds like a lot of east coasters have rec'd their book..  has anyone on the west coast received it yet?  I'm in California, and was just curious!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

I see that the books have started arriving.  Haven't made it to the Northwest corner of the country yet (I live in an island in the north Puget Sound), but should be here soon.

This looks like an interesting group, but almost entirely female.  Am I the only male participating?  :smileysurprised:

0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:

I see that the books have started arriving.  Haven't made it to the Northwest corner of the country yet (I live in an island in the north Puget Sound), but should be here soon.

This looks like an interesting group, but almost entirely female.  Am I the only male participating?  :smileysurprised:

You are not alone! I'm here too.

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
New User
mconley
0 Kudos

Hello, I am new to First Look and I am looking forward to becoming part of the group. I am also not familiar with Colson Whitehead so I am very interested in reading this novel as well as the discussions that are to come!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey Linda,

I am doing good this month to know what any day of the week is LOL. But the main thing is, you got your book. :smileywink: It is trying to get cloudy and rainy today, we are so above our average temps here in Oklahoma, it is making me sleepy. So after a long but good day at church, I am going to relax the rest of the day and read another book I got that is soooo good! The one I told you about to get :smileywink:, until my copy of Sag comes.

kiakar wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Hello;

Sorry I meant Friday! Today is still Saturday! smile.

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
adopted1
0 Kudos

Hi,

I enjoy an opportunity to read something other than textbooks when I am between semesters. This is my first time being in a group of readers that are not studying.

This is my first "First Look". I haven't recieved my book yet, but am very excited to get started.
adopted1