Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Thauk
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello, my name is Terri and I live in Denver, Co.  I have recently started my own business and think this book group will be a good break.  I have never been a part of a reading group before and look forward to this one.  I have always loved to read and this book looks really  good.  I will talk to you all later
Frequent Contributor
candeny6
0 Kudos

Hi!  I've been registered here for quite some time, but finally found a chance to participate in a group.  I hope to get to know all of you better!
Candi
New User
sallywhite
0 Kudos

Hi, Rachel!

I'm looking forward to reading something that hasn't been assigned for a class and to discussing a book with non-English majors. I'm also really looking forward to reading this novel and very jealous of Colson Whitehead's excellent name.

New User
Rudith
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Rudith and I love reading nearly as much as I love books.

I grew up in the US but currently reside in Canada.

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

I actually received my other First Look book before I got my confirmation email!! 

Is it a lottery system or first come, first served?

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi, Liisa22. It is first come, but we will start posting some big alerts if we've run out of books, and we will stop taking registrations altogether.

Great to see everybody here! Over the next couple of days, I'll begin to post a couple of threads to get us started as our books arrive and we all begin to dip into them.

Rachel

Frequent Contributor
patfayo
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Pat from New York (greater Hudson Valley).  I aniously awaiting to hear whether I will receive the book to be able to join in the discussion. Seems like this could take awhile so I figuredred I better introduce myself. This will be my first time particpating. I have married for 37 years (married very young). I have 3 grown daughters, and 3 granddaughters. I love to read and read many different genres of books. 
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. I have been in all but the last first look club. I see my pm got read so will be looking forward to discussing the book with you all when I get it and start reading. Hope its a great read, then it can be my birthday gift from B&N :smileywink: lol.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
VaDreamer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi.  I am Ellen, another reader from Northern Va, Arlington to be exact.  Like gimp, I also have MS.  Due primarily to fatigue along with other MS symptoms I have had to stop working (not so bad) and I have had to drop out of my wonderful book club (horrible).  I am a voracious reader and like a lot of different genres.  This is my first foray into an on-line club.  This books sounds fascinating and right up my alley.  I sure hope I made the cut-off.
Message Edited by VaDreamer on 02-03-2009 10:56 AM
Contributor
Jennie77
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just received my confirmation message for Sag Harbor and look forward to this story and discussion.

Talk to you soon!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Just got my confirmation also!
Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just received word that I will receive a copy of "Sag Harbor." I am sooooo excited. Thank you so much. I will wait anxiously for the mailman everyday.

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Just got my confirmation email.  I can't wait to receive the book and get started.  This will be my third time participating in First Look.  I cant wait to get started in the discussions of Sag Harbor.  It is very interesting to see/hear so many different opinions.  Happy Reading!!
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Frequent Contributor
GnANorman
0 Kudos

Hi there!  I just received my confirmation and can't wait to read "Sag Harbor".  We just moved to the Memphis area and I haven't found a book club yet, so I am very much looking forward to sharing.  This is my third First Look book and I've enjoyed the last two.  I'm thrilled to see what B&N has selected for us this time!!:smileyhappy:
Reader
Calitee
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  My name is Tongela and I currently live in San Diego, CA.  This will be my first time particapating in First Look and I'm very excited to be apart of it.  I'm married and have two children, which I love to death.  I can't wait to start reading Sag Harbor and chatting with you all.
Mrs Mogan
Correspondent
CJINCA
0 Kudos

Hello from Northern California --

I was very happy to get my confirmation this morning!  I enjoyed participating in the previous "First Look" and am looking forward to this new book and new (to me) author.

Contributor
miller1323
0 Kudos

Yeah, just got my confirmation!  I'm in...Can't wait to start.  My name is Sara, I live in Oceanside CA which is North of San Diego.  I don't get a lot of time to read, so I'm hoping we only have to make it a few chapters in before the discussion begins.  Although if it's one of those books I can't put down, all the better.

Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

My name is Katelyn, and this will be my second First Look experience. I look forward to reading this book, and participating in the discussion as my first encounter with this program was such a positive one. At the moment I am emersed in the world of Shakespeare, and although I love his plays this book will be a nice break from old english.

Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Tricia from Lehighton, Pennsylvania.  I've done a few First Look's before and am really looking forward to Sag Harbor. 
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi! I just got my confirmation (It was surprising to see the yellow envelope in my mailbox). I'm looking forward to receiving my ARC and have wonderful discussions about the book. See you then!