Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

About the First Look Book Club

Have questions about the First Look program? Here are the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions

What is the First Look Book Club?
This is a unique opportunity to enroll in a private discussion with an author, about a book that won't be released for a few months. We'll send you an Advance Reading Copy -- for free! -- in time for the book club. In other words, you can be the first to get the scoop on the next great book, long before it ever hits the shelves!

How do I sign up?
Once we have a First Look selection, we'll make an announcement in the B&N Book Clubs, and open the enrollment period. If you are enrolled in one month's First Look Book Club, you're not automatically enrolled in the next one. Because quantities of ARCs are limited, each First Look Book Club will have it’s own enrollment. That's the only way to ensure that everyone will have a chance to participate. Instructions on how to enroll for each club are posted with each announcement.

What exactly is an Advance Reading Copy?
An Advance Reading Copy, or ARC, is an uncorrected paperback edition created by publishers for distribution to booksellers and the media a few months before the actual publication of a new book. The ARC you'll receive will look very much like the final version of the book. It'll have all the text, and usually all the photos, illustrations, and front matter included in the finished book.

Do I have to pay for shipping?
No. The ARC -- and the shipping -- is free to you. The book will be delivered from one of our warehouses, but will not go through our normal order path and therefore will not be listed as an "order" on your Barnes & Noble.com shopping account.

When will I get my free Advance Reading Copy?
Once enrollment starts, we will alert you to when the ARCs will ship. It can take up to two weeks to get your free book.

What happens if you run out of books?
We will be monitoring demand closely, and hope to have enough books for everyone. But quantities are limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If we run out of books, we'll post a message to the board, and close the enrollment period.

How do I find out about future First Look selections? Can I enroll right now?
Sorry, there's no pre-enrollment. Stay tuned to our Announcements board for news about our next First Look book club. Along with the announcement, we'll also post instructions on how to enroll.

If you have other questions about First Look, please post them here by replying to this thread.

And if you haven't done so already, please have a look at all of our current discussions. There's a lot going on.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

New User
Andreaq
0 Kudos

Re: About the First Look Book Club

What is the location of the Believers first book club on Oct 20th?
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

You'll find the discussion right here.

Andreaq wrote:
  What is the location of the Believers first book club on Oct 20th?

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Frequent Contributor
chana56
0 Kudos

Went into my local bookseller today and found copies of The Believers on the shelves....not a US publisher, though.  Guess it was released a little earlier in the UK? 
Chana

"We don't stop laughing when we get old, we get old when we stop laughing - Anonymous