Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Re: Part II (Ch. 5-8)

becky_quilts wrote:

Audrey is in total denial.  I have to disagree with Frankie.  I don't think she is pushing the doctors for better alternatives, I think she is going on as if Joel will be fine.  Their first day in the hospital she acted as if Joel would wake up any minute.  Now she has come to realize that it is more serious but she is still not facing the reality of the situation.  Joel will never be anything but a vegetable kept alive by machines.

I am really shocked at the degree of self loathing in Karla.  How does that woman get out of bed in the morning?  She is the character I most sympathize with but it is so painful to listen to her thoughts.  I can see a little of Audrey in her in the way she always says the opposite of how she's feeling. 

I've noticed that we never see anything from Lenny's perspective.  Curious.

I agree with you. Audrey remains in denial. I think that is normal when our world gets turned upside down but most people are able to make the  adjustment when reality remains to be dealt with-there is little to no improvement in Joel's condition. It will be interesting to see if she can move on. 
CAG