Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

KxBurns
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for the Editor

Welcome, Jennifer! Do you edit fiction exclusively?

Karen

Contributor
Jennifer_Barth
0 Kudos

No, my list is made up of equal parts fiction and nonfiction. All of the nonfiction is narrative, however.
KxBurns wrote:

Welcome, Jennifer! Do you edit fiction exclusively?

Karen

Learn more about The Believers.
Correspondent
PinkPanther
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem as IBIS. The back side of the pages have a good font, but the writing on the front pages seems to be different. It is kind of difficult to read it with this font because only parts of the letters are thick, while other parts are thin. Is it just my copy that came out like this, or is it all of them. Will the font be the same on the final copy?

P.S.. I have not finished the book yet, but it is extremely interesting so far!

Message Edited by PinkPanther on 11-01-2008 09:45 PM
"I ought, therefore I can"
-Immanuel Kant
Correspondent
PinkPanther
0 Kudos

I was also wondering if the symbols in red on the cover of the book mean something, or are they just that color to add some depth to the cover?
"I ought, therefore I can"
-Immanuel Kant
Contributor
Jennifer_Barth
0 Kudos

PinkPanther wrote:
I was also wondering if the symbols in red on the cover of the book mean something, or are they just that color to add some depth to the cover?

There is no added significance to the red symbols -- the red was added simply for color.

Learn more about The Believers.
Frequent Contributor
Guerneymember12
0 Kudos

Hi!  I have just noticed one typo that jumped out on p. 259 on line 9  Audrey "began to stride strode away down the hall."  Although I can picture Audrey actually doing that, technically I think it is a typo.

I haven't read Part IV.  I've been forcing myself to stay on track because I am the type of person who will do a spoiler in my discussion and we have been sticking to our sections.  Now I can finish!!!!

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

KxBurns wrote:
Jennifer Barth, editor of The Believers, will be joining us soon to discuss the book. Please post your questions for her here!

Hi Jennifer,

My question is not about The Believers specifically.  But I was curious about what your duties as an editor entail? 

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"