Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone!

This is our last week in the club and I want to thank Zoë and her publisher, HarperCollins, for participating in this First Look.  And of course to Karen for her excellent moderation!

While I have your attention, we are working on the next First Look selection and hope to have an announcement in the next few days, please stay tuned!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks everyone!

Thanks to Maria and all the helpful staff at Barnes and Noble for working so hard to give us these wonderful books to read and simply give our opinion. That is one of the neatest things in this life today. As we all know, there aren't many things you can enjoy with so little resources as these first look bookclubs you offer.

And thank you Zoe for your wonderful book you wrote about an unusual family who had lots of problems. But they are fun to read to discover what and who caused the scene of if anyone.  I can't wait until I read your other books.

And to the Editor who provided these books. You will never know how I appreciate these books.

Thanks to all that read this book with me and gave me such intelligent thoughts about this book. I hope all enjoyed the read as I sure did.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone as usual it was a blast and a lot of fun. Getting to interact with so many great club members out there as well as with Karen, Maria and we can't forget Zoe.

Great book great fun can't wait until the next one.

KxBurns
0 Kudos

Thanks Zoe and Jennifer for your great contributions to our discussion. It was a pleasure to preview this book!

And thanks to our loyal and enthusiastic First Look readers for another great round :smileyhappy:

And Maria for making it all happen!

Karen

Author
Zoe-Heller
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read my book and for discussing it with such gusto!

Learn more about The Believers.

Discover all Zoë Heller titles.
Contributor
Jennie77
0 Kudos

Thank you Zoe, BN staff, and all of the readers for this experience and sharing your thoughts on this book. While I didn't comment like I had originally planned, I have to say that I really enjoyed this book, although I must admit that in the beginning, I didn't think that that was going to happen. While it was a slow start for me, I found that the further I got into the book, the more difficult time I had in putting the book down. I liked getting to know the characters better....even though I would not enjoy spending any quality time with Audrey; I think that as a person, Lenny is a waste of space; Karla can best be referred to as a doormat; and Rosa is "confused" at best... But, I loved it! They were real in their own way. These characters had flaws and I appreciate that Zoe brought those flaws out. Going into this reading, I expected a certain type of book, but to my extreme delight, I got the opposite. Great Job Zoe and Good Luck with the book!
Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for the opportunity to get a "First Look" at a to-be-released novel.  While I specifically chose to avoid answering questions posted by parts, it was only because I felt the questions were directing my interpretation in a way that my mind didn't go.

While I didn't necessarily like the novel as a whole at first, I did indeed love the individual characters.  By book's end though, it all came together for me as a complete story. 

I wish the best of luck to Ms. Heller....and will watch for her press promos in the Spring!

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria, Karen, B&N, Zoe Heller and Harper Collins!  This was my first time participating in First Look.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to get a "first look" at The Believers.  My first experience here was a great one.  Thanks again to everyone who made this possible!
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Contributor
CDover1978
0 Kudos

Thank you Barnes & Noble for offering such a wonderful book for this First Look. 

Zoe Heller, thank you so much for writing a book that I just could not put down.  I don't find much time to enjoy a good book with a 9yo & 18mo, but I managed to find time that I didn't think existed to read this page-turner.

Courtney
Frequent Contributor
LucyintheOC
0 Kudos

I would like to say thank you to fellow participants who helped me understand the characters from perspectives I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Your posts are often so insightful. I also want to thank you for the honest discussions. Also, a thank you to B&N for accepting me into this First Look Book group and allowing me to be a part of this great group.
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

I am sorry that I missed most of the discussion, even though I have posted some responses late.  I hope that I will have the opportunity to be a part of one of these book discussions in the future.  I want to thank you for the opportunity to have read The Believer.  It was a fascinating book that obviously generated much discussion as well as a very good read.

Kpatton