Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

[ Edited ]
Your quote is so true!

chana56 wrote:

Hi, everyone.

I'm Chana, from Haifa (northern Israel).  I just signed up, and hope I got in.  I'm another old veteran of B&N book clubs (since 2006), but this is my first First Look club.   It was indeed very hard to choose between the two books offered this time.  I haven't read Zoë Heller's work before, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Message Edited by meme1 on 09-16-2008 12:09 PM
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
EC
Frequent Contributor
EC
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Ellen. I just signed up for The Belivers First Look Book Club. Really look forward to it. The book looks very interesting!
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

I have just discovered this reading/bookclub opportunity.  My book club read Notes on a Scandal and then watched the movie. I enjoyed that book very much.  I would look forward to the opportunity to participate in this book discussion.

Kathy 

kbc
Contributor
kbc
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Karen.  I just signed up for a copy of the Believers.  I have never read Zoe Heller before so I'm looking forward to this book.  Hopefully, I'll get one!

Reader 2
beccaleigh
0 Kudos

I'm Becca, and I just signed up for The Believers.  I am really looking forward to participating in the online book club.  I belong to a traditional book club, but I have never dona a cyber one before.
Frequent Contributor
Jodi
0 Kudos

Hi I just signed up for "The Believers".  It sounds good.Im a veteran of the first look book club.  Talk to all on October 20.

Frequent Contributor
wbarker
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I've requested The Believers, and hope I get to participate in this book club.  The book sounds really interesting.  I've participated in one other First Look Book Club and had a great time.

I'm from Seattle, Washington (USA). I'm married, have a son who will turn 2 on Christmas Eve, and LOVE reading.  I just recently started a book blog at http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com

I look forward to chatting with everyone about this book!

:smileyhappy:  Wendi

New User
hvnly599
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Ronnie and I just signed up for The Believers. I hope I'm not to late to get in. This will be my first book club.
New User
Baw214
0 Kudos

Hi I am Beth. This is my first time in a book club. I am very excited to participate. I have never read this author before. I have seen the movie Notes on A Scandal.
"A Story Has No Beginning or End"
Contributor
2614-Judy_
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Judy from Zushi, Japan.  I'm looking forward to reading the book!
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Hi all! I'm Katie from Charlottesville, Virginia, and I have participated in two previous First Look clubs (although less than I would have liked in the Songs for the Missing discussion). I'm still waiting to hear if I've made it in this time, but I did go ahead and check Zoë Heller's two previous books out of the library. Based on the one chapter I've had time to read so far, I think I enjoy her style.
Contributor
jdmiller212
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just signed up and hope I get the book, The Believers.  I also have never read anything by  Zoë Heller so I'm hoping I get in.  I love trying new authors.

Jd

d45
Reader 2
d45
0 Kudos

So hoping I am doing this correctly.  My first online book club experience and I am so excited. 
Frequent Contributor
luvmykiddos
0 Kudos

My name is Danielle and I'm in Idaho. I haven't had the pleasure to participate in a book club before nor have I read this author before so I am really excited to get in on this!
New User
fabianrios
0 Kudos

Hello, My name is Fabian. I just signed in for this bookclub. I haven't done a bookclub in a while and think that maybe this is the opportunity to know Mrs. Heller writing. I haven't red her before... I watched Notes on a Scandal though and I'm crossing my finger for this book being not that disturbing...
Frequent Contributor
LucyintheOC
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Lucy and currently live in Orange County, CA (USA) but much prefer the East Coast (mid-Atlantic and mid-South). I've enjoyed being a part of B&N book clubs in the past and hopefully will be chosen to participate in this First Look group. I've not read Ms. Heller before, but I'm curious about the "secret" the wife uncovers and extremely curious about how the author will handle/address Rosa's part of the story. I am expecting that it will be thought-provoking and interesting and I look forward to reading the book and participating in the discussions. The book sounds like it could have tremendous potential for great discussions!
MLS
Frequent Contributor
MLS
0 Kudos

I am Mary from Michigan.  It seems good to think about cooler weather and taking time to read after a busy summer schedule.  I so look forward to B & N's "gift " arrival and the discussions that follow.  They help me discover ideas in my reading that I may not ever have noticed on my own!      Mary

New User
nbaber
0 Kudos

My name is Nicole and I have never read this author either.  The plot sounds exciting so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Nicole

New User
smastersmoore
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am new to the First Look book club, and I am hoping that Im not too late to participate.

I havent read Zoe Heller, but the preview is quite interesting.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hoping to talk with you all soon.

Stephanie

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

CathyB wrote:

Hi everyone! I just signed up for The Believers. I am a veteran of the First Look club and have

read Zoe Heller's What Was She Thinking? [Notes On A Scandal]. It sounds interesting. Looking

forward to the discussion.

CathyB

Did you like the book of hers you read? I haven't read it but have heard it was good.