Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
romy77
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hello,

I am Romy. Looking forward to reading the believers and participating to this first time experience (for me)! a bit clumsy so far but should come quickly! thanks for all tips, esp. on maria 's question!

Peace,

Romy

Contributor
minyades
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Just received my copy, and I look forward to the discussion.

Contributor
dogearedcopy
0 Kudos

I signed up on  09/25; got a confirmation on 09/30 and received an ARC on 10/07  (and I've started reading it today.) For those of you keeping geographical track, I live in Southern Oregon.

Stay Cool & Keep the Faith
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Please, tell me more about this LibraryThing.  You have peeked my interest!
cloudnut220 wrote:

Hi everyone-

Can't wait for my book to come in the mail.  I really enjoyed 'Notes on a Scandal' so I'm excited about this book.

I also found First Look through LibraryThing--which is the best book tracking website ever.

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Frequent Contributor
LucyintheOC
0 Kudos

Dear dogearedcopy...

Thanks for saying your book just arrived on 10/7 and including your geographic location. I also live on the West Coast (but in Southern California). Knowing that your copy didn't arrive until the 7th helps me feel optimistic that I may get my copy before the week is out! I signed up on 9/17 and received my confirmation on 9/26...but so far, no book.

By the way, I've never been up to your neck of the woods. I've been to many places in the States (mostly) and Mexico (I studied there some years ago), but haven't made it "up north" yet. I hear Southern Oregon is lovely. If you don't mind saying, do you like living there? What are the best and worst things about your area? Now that people have their books, I don't know if anyone would like to address these questions about their regions, but I'm always interested to know what people feel about where they live. I hope to travel more and I find it interesting to know what people think/how they feel about the areas/cities/towns they live in and how they feel about their lives there. ...I enjoy people's "stories" as it were. I guess that's one of the reasons I love books so much. So many wonderful stories! So many opportunities to connect with other thoughts/ideas/people/times/etc.

Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

introductions

Hi I recieved my copy of the Believers today--Oct 10th and am hoping to 
start reading this weekend.

I am 60 years old, live in Mid-Michigan --I have 3 grown children --all married and 3 grandchilden.
I have been looking for a good on line book club to join.
New User
Jo_Bhaer
0 Kudos

This is my first experience with the first look book club and I am excited to read something new!
Reader
Poedog
0 Kudos

Good Evening everyone,

I am so happy that the book club was still open.  I am really excited about this book.  I did participate in the last First Look, but not as much I would have liked.  I am in Fairfax, VA.

Contributor
MarthaCox
0 Kudos

I signed up a long time ago and have not received my copy yet.  Where is it or when can I expect it.  I wanted to read some before the discussion started on the 20th.

Thanks, Martha

Martha L. Cox
Frequent Contributor
LeftBrainer
0 Kudos

Looking forward to the discussion.  I haven't started reading the book yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it.  Nancy
Contributor
mimi2980
0 Kudos

Hello everybody! My name is Mimi and I'm from the Philippines. I signed up for this book club last Friday and I already got my book today! I'll start on in when I get home from work today and I'm looking forward to the discussions!

Best regards,

Mimi

dhaupt
0 Kudos

MarthaCox wrote:

I signed up a long time ago and have not received my copy yet.  Where is it or when can I expect it.  I wanted to read some before the discussion started on the 20th.

Thanks, Martha

Martha, If you received your confirmation you might want to send Karen or Maria a pm and see what's going on.

Frequent Contributor
Eckwell
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to the discussion of this book.  It will be interesting to see what other readers think.
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Poedog wrote:

Good Evening everyone,

I am so happy that the book club was still open.  I am really excited about this book.  I did participate in the last First Look, but not as much I would have liked.  I am in Fairfax, VA.

I live in Alexandria, VA.  We are neighbors, sort of...Anyway glad to see someone else from this area. 
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Contributor
Jennie77
0 Kudos

Hi everyone....

My name is Jennifer and I just received my copy of The Believers.  I look forward to the discussion starting next week.

New User
afihtan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello All

This is my first post to the club and I look forward to reading all the other postings. 

Edited to remove poster's impressions and thoughts about the book.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 10-14-2008 11:08 AM
New User
nutty7688
0 Kudos

I received my copy of the Believers and started reading it already. I am excited that we all have an interest in reading and discussion, so lets get started.
Reader 2
sherton
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone.  I just received my first, First Look, book in the mail yesterday.  I'm looking forward to the discussion.

Sharon

Correspondent
detailmuse
0 Kudos

Carmenere_lady -- I don't see a reply to this yet, so allow me -- LibraryThing is an online place to create your virtual library and talk to other bibliophiles (actually, biblioholics :smileyvery-happy: ). You can create a library that reflects the books you own, or those you've read (like a reading journal) -- whatever fits for you. Members post tons of book reviews, and discussion threads are lively and absolutely stuffed with suggestions for further reading. Highly recommended, go take a look!

Carmenere_lady wrote:
Please, tell me more about this LibraryThing.  You have peeked my interest!
Reader 2
cjt0411
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Thought I'd stop in and say hello. Got my book in the mail today and will probably start reading tonight. Looking forward to the discussion!

Crystal