Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Welcomes and Introductions

Hi,

I'm Marcílio and I'm from the northeast of Brazil. I hope we have good moments of reading and debates with this future best-seller by the wonderful writer Zoe Heller. The introduction of the book looked very interesting and attracted us for its exploration. Themes explored are pure polemic.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi detailmuse,

Thanks for leading me to LibraryThing.  Great site!  I saw quite a few familiar names and I plan to add mine there as well.  It doesn't seem to be able to match the intimacy of B&N but I will use it.   Thanks, thanks, thanks again!!

detailmuse wrote:

Carmenere_lady -- I don't see a reply to this yet, so allow me -- LibraryThing is an online place to create your virtual library and talk to other bibliophiles (actually, biblioholics :smileyvery-happy: ). You can create a library that reflects the books you own, or those you've read (like a reading journal) -- whatever fits for you. Members post tons of book reviews, and discussion threads are lively and absolutely stuffed with suggestions for further reading. Highly recommended, go take a look!

Carmenere_lady wrote:
Please, tell me more about this LibraryThing.  You have peeked my interest!

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Reader 2
rosemaryb
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I am looking forward to reading this book. I've never read the author but I'm sure we will all enjoy discussing this book.

Rosemary/Boston 

New User
pocogirl
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone -

I am Howard.  This is my first time participating in First Look and am looking forward to participating with all of you. 

Just received my copy today and am preparing myself to sit down and drink up what Zoe has prepared for us.

Chat with you all soon.

Howard

Reader
partymuri
0 Kudos

Muri here, from NYC.

I've never done a book club before, so I'm very excited.

Speak to you soon.

Contributor
CDover1978
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm Courtney from NJ & this is my first time in the First Look Book Club.  I look forward to reading Zoe Heller's book & seeing what everyone else thinks about it.

Courtney

Courtney
Inspired Contributor
dragonchica
0 Kudos

scouturier wrote:
I also had to add, I saw someone else on here is from St. Charles County, MO, so am I!  What a small world.

Hi, it really is, I'm originally from O'Fallon!  Yay, STL!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonchica/
dhaupt
0 Kudos

dragonchica wrote:

scouturier wrote:
I also had to add, I saw someone else on here is from St. Charles County, MO, so am I!  What a small world.

That would be me from St. Charles County, we also have some one here from St. Louis County. Small world huh.

Reader 2
nstock00
0 Kudos

Hi I am Nancy from Bella Vista Ar, Just got my book and read the first 20 pages.  I think this book is going to be good and we will have a lively discussion going.   Glad to be the in the club.   
Contributor
Thryth
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Lori in Auburn, WA, USA, about 20 miles south of Seattle.  I just received an email notification that I was accepted to receive an arc for The Believers.  I'm pretty excited about this, and hope to get in on the discussions once I receive my arc.  Until then, I'll just follow along to see what everyone has to say.

Lori

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

dragonchica wrote:

scouturier wrote:

That would be me from St. Charles County, we also have some one here from St. Louis County. Small world huh.

Hi.  It's Ebony, I'm in St. Louis County.
Frequent Contributor
FrankieD
0 Kudos

Hello fellow "First Lookers"...

I just got home yesterday from a 2 week expedition in Alaska and found my book waiting for me...so I'll be starting it right away...once I can get used to being back in New York again:smileyhappy:. From what Zoe says in her cover letter it sounds like the book will be a great adventure...and I'm glad that we'll all get to share it together.

Talk to you soon.

FrankieD :smileyhappy:

" The longer I live...the more beautiful life becomes."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Reader
Sassy3
0 Kudos

Hey everyone...hope everyone is as excited as I am about reviewing the book  "The Believers" as I am..

I am a seasoned arc reader, so if anyone need help..don't hesitate to ask for help...chat with you all soon!!!

Reader 4
betsytacy
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my first time participating in First Look. I loved Zoe Heller's previous book, What Was She Thinking, and so far I'm really enjoying The Believers. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks. I'm located in the greater Chicago area.

New User
jenjenisu
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Jen and this is my first time participating in the First Look Book Club.  I live in Iowa and am a stay-at-home mom to my 15 month old boy.  I'm an avid reader and love to read fiction.  I've finished The Believers and look forward to discussing it with everyone.
Contributor
Suetj
0 Kudos

Look forward to seeing what the secret is that Audrey discovers!

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Hi there...Sylvia from Minnesota....really looking forward to reading and discussing this novel with all of you:-)
Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
KxBurns
0 Kudos

Welcome! Hope you all noticed that the discussion threads are up. You can find them here, on the main page.

Karen

New User
rokrchik
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

Little late on the introduction but here I am. I signed up for the book and then completely forgot about it so when it arrived I could not remember ordering anything from B&N! I've just started tonight.  LOVE reading and am excited to be a part of this discussion.

Kerry 

New User
MsRae78
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!  I'm Alexandria from Tampa.  I've never participated in any type of book club.  I've never read anything written by Zoe Heller but,  the book sounds very interesting!