Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
rrc1
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Greetings Karen,

I registered for this book, and I hope I get it.  It sounds like a good book, and I look forward to the discussions.

Joan/Toledo

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Kiakar:

I thought 'What Was She Thinking' was well written and the

characters well developed. It was an enjoyable read. 

CathyB

kiakar wrote:

CathyB wrote:

...have read Zoe Heller's What Was She Thinking? [Notes On A Scandal]....

CathyB

Did you like the book of hers you read? I haven't read it but have heard it was good.

New User
jodilyn
0 Kudos

All -

I am new here,  New to book clubs, and am really excited about reading the book.   

Because I am new, my question is, how does this all work?

Jodi

New User
KristineK
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Kris.This sounds so cool. I have never been in a book club before. I hope that I get selected. Can't wait to read the book. It sounds very interesting.

Contributor
audrey1999
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Audrey, and I too signed up for the book.  I really hope I do get in.  I am so excited about finding new authors whom I will love.  I also really like discussing books with other people who love to read!

New User
jfabian-ebiya
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm Jamie and I just signed up for this book. I am very excited to read and review with all of you and I am crossing my fingers for this book. 

New User
nutty7688
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Shandra and I am excited to begin discuss The Believers with each one of you.
Frequent Contributor
Jeanie0522
0 Kudos

Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller is a favorite of mine.  I highly recommend it.  The movie was quite good as well.  Judi Dench plays the manipulative Barbara and was nominated for an academy award.  I'm looking forward to Zoe Heller's new book!  -Jeanie
3M
Contributor
3M
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Michelle (or 3M online).  I asked for the book and really hope to receive it.  The First Look program is amazing.

1morechapter.com

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Count me in.  I got my confirmation today :smileyhappy:
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Karen and gang it's me Debbie from Portage Des Sioux, MO (near St. Louis)

just got my confirmation so Yeah!! 

I've been in the First Look book club since the beginning so this will be my 5th first look book. I have enjoyed all of them and for those of you just beginning with us I'm sure you'll love it too. I't s such an incredible experience to be able to talk with and have the authors answer your questions. The authors have been very generous with their time and that along with the great people we get to share our opinions with make this a wonderful experience.

Message Edited by dhaupt on 09-22-2008 05:39 PM
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm IBIS and just my confirmation. I've joined earlier FIRST LOOK clubs before; and have enjoyed them all very much.

I've read Zoe Heller before, and find her writing very thought-provoking. I've never looked at Judi Dench nor Cate Blanchett the same again after their performances in NOTES OF A SCANDAL.

I'm looking forward to sharing your thoughts about THE BELIEVERS in October.

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

I signed up on the 18th but haven't heard anything yet. Hope I make it. I have never read Zoe Heller. This sounds interesting.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

hooray, i just heard that i am in. i look forward to the book's arrival. i have participated before and i love the lively discussions and the book choices have been great.

twj

Reader
Caelicoli
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Rebecca.

I've never been a part of the Barnes and Noble First Look program before, but it looks to be a lot of fun.

I just got my confirmation email and I am excited to read Zoë Heller's new book.

Contributor
nikkid
0 Kudos

Yeah! Hi everyone!

I'm Nichole and  I just got my confirmation! 

This is my first online book club and I am looking forward to discussing the book with everyone.

I can't wait to receive the book and start reading. :smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Hello friends! I'm Rosangela, from Brazil, and very excited to read Zoë's The Believers. I do look forward to share comments on this great book club with you!

Hugs!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Greetings, I'm Lyn from the northeast Ohio area. Received my confirmation today. This is my 4th First Look Book and I've thoroughly enjoyed discussing them online.  Always was interested in picking up Notes on a Scandal but never got around to it.  So looking forward to discussing The Believers with such a diverse group.  Happy reading :smileyhappy:
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thank you First Look Barnes and Noble. I received my confirmation message today. I am a retired elementary school librarian from New England. I also belong to an in-person book club with friends where we read a diverse selection of books and have fun getting together. I'm looking forward to reading The Believers and discussing it with everyone here.

Librarian

New User
Mimi216
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I hope I'm not to late to get in.  I just signed up.  I've never done an online book club before but I thought since I love to read it would be a great experience so here I am.  The Believers sounded like a great book.  I can't wait to read it!