Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
RidgewayGirl
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi everyone! I was so excited to get my copy of The Believers today and I'm looking forward to the discussion. I heard about the bn First Look through LibraryThing, which is a great place if you're somewhat obsessive about books. Well, off to start reading...
Reader
tokemise
0 Kudos

I just received my copy of  The Believers.  I am really excited to be in this First Look Book Club.

I'm Tobi from Maryland

Contributor
scouturier
0 Kudos

Hi I am Stephanie and very excited to join this discussion.  Can't wait to get the book to get started on it!
Contributor
scouturier
0 Kudos

I also had to add, I saw someone else on here is from St. Charles County, MO, so am I!  What a small world.
New User
txspenguin
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Kristey.  I have never participated in a book club before but I am looking forward to joining in and to reading the book. 
Contributor
chiheatherlove
0 Kudos

Hey! I'm Heather... can't wait to get and read this one. My first First Look book... so be kind. :-)
Frequent Contributor
SweetReaderMA
0 Kudos

I just received my book today and glad you like the quote Irene.
These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves. From each of them goes out its own voice... and just as the touch of a button on our set will fill the room with music, so by taking down one of these volumes and opening it, one can call into range the voice of a man far distant in time and space, and hear him speaking to us, mind to mind, heart to heart. ~Gilbert Highet
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

My book came today. I am so impressed with how fast it came. I also enjoyed the letter from the author and was glad to hear that this book is funny.

Bonnie

New User
Lewis_A
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! This will be my first book club that I have joined online. I am so excited to be apart of the First Look Book Club. I can't wait to read The Believers.

Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

I'm in!  I  just got out of the hospital and checked my messages!  I am so excited to be a part of this club again.  Talk to you all very very soon!

Norma

Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

My name is Claudia. I live in a small town in northwest Georgia.  I teach 7th grade Literature here in the local middle and relish every chance I get to spend ANY TIME reading adult literature!!  This will be my fifth First Look Book.  I am so EXCITED about getting in.  I love the way this club introduces me to new authors!!!!!!!

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Reader
Sassy3
0 Kudos

Hello everyone...I am very excited to part take in discussions about the book The Belivers, I have had the

distinct pleasure  of being apart of the arc of Barnes and Noble in the past, and am very pleased to be

apart of the club once again.  Thankyou Karen for allowing me to be apart of this awesome club.

New User
smastersmoore
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Im so excited, I received my book just last evening. Can't wait to get started.

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

I got my book yesterday, I'm in St. Louis County, MO.  Can't wait to get started.  Debbie in St Charles County did you get yours?
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

scouturier wrote:
I also had to add, I saw someone else on here is from St. Charles County, MO, so am I!  What a small world.

Yes, that's Debbie.  I'm Ebony from St. Louis County.
New User
twodogs333
0 Kudos

I'm new at this and I don't recall putting my address anywhere, How did you get your book copy?
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

that would be me from St. Charles County, I live in Portage Des Sioux. I have been a part of First Look from the beginning and am a avid reader. I have to hand it to B&N for how much they do for readers from programs like First Look to all the various book clubs they offer, I think I'm here more than a few hours per day.

So Welcome neighbor  :smileywink:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi EbonyAngel,

Yes my hubby took it from the UPS man yesterday. Yippee!!:smileyvery-happy: 

Can't wait to start it. I'm still finishing Brisingr so it'll probably be early next week when I read The Believers.

Frequent Contributor
READERJANE
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Jane, I'm from Little Egg Harbor, NJ. I received the book yesterday and am looking forward to starting it today. I'm not familiar with this author, but the synopsis of the book is intriguing and should be  a  good read :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

Norma,

I knew you would make it! I am glad you are here as well.

I received my copy of the book yesterday with the author's letter. I will begin reading this weekend. I am home from school today for a doctor's visit--the typical sinus thing--and so have a free day to get caught up and started on this book. I have never read this author. I love discovering new authors so this will be fun. I have not seen the movie of Notes on a Scandal either. As so many on here I have a degree in English and will be pursuing a continuum in Literature soon.

Deb:smileyvery-happy:

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt