Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
kimberlyfujioka
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi Karen and everyone ! I love Zoe Heller's work so I am very excited to read her newest book The Believers. I'm looking forward to the discussions here on B&N book club.

Kim

Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm Kaye from Florida. This will be my fifth first look. Since I have never read Ms. Heller before, it should be interesting.

kaye

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Thanks alot!  I know we will enjoy this book. I just have a feeling!

CathyB wrote:

Kiakar:

I thought 'What Was She Thinking' was well written and the

characters well developed. It was an enjoyable read. 

CathyB

kiakar wrote:

CathyB wrote:

...have read Zoe Heller's What Was She Thinking? [Notes On A Scandal]....

CathyB

Did you like the book of hers you read? I haven't read it but have heard it was good.

Contributor
se_lyon
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Sarah. I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and am veyr much looking forward to reading "The Believers". I am between books at the moment so this could not come at a better time. Nice to to meet all of you and I look forward to much discussion. Thanks!
~ Sarah
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Received my confirmation today.  I'm  excited about this new book.

MG

Contributor
KathleenAnne
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Kathy from MA.  I have never read anything by this author .  First Look has introduced me to authors I would never have read without it.

I'm looking forward to this one.

EC
Frequent Contributor
EC
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Ellen. I haven't gotten my confirmation yet so I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Correspondent
detailmuse
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm MJ in Chicago. Looking forward to this book and this group!
Reader 2
Goochy627
0 Kudos

Hi,

My names is Wendy but my oldest son used to call me Goochy when he was little.

I just got my confirmation.This is my first time for this kind of a club. I am looking forward to reading and discussing this book

Reader
scarlettbrooke
0 Kudos

HI, everyone! Just received my confirmation. Can't wait to start reading!
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

I just got my confirmation. I can't wait to get started reading and sharing thoughts with everyone. I am really grateful to B & N for another "First Look" opportunity.  
CAG
New User
caite
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New here, first B&N 'First Look' and looking forward to both the book and how the 'club' thing here works out.

caite....from NJ 

http://caitesdayatthebeach.blogspot.com/ 

Message Edited by caite on 09-23-2008 04:23 PM
Inspired Contributor
Bearsstar
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Bearsstar (aka Jeanne:}), I signed up for The Believers, but not sure I got in in time.  Hope so anyway.  I also talked my son and daughter to participate, but they won't tell me if they did.  I love reading, meeting new people and talking about what and how we feel about the book and about it's telling us.  I have 4 children 2 boys, 2 girls; 7 grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren, and 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ferrets :}  Hope I do get picked and able to participate, I have loved the sharing .  Thanks to the B&N Book Club and everyone, I have learned to like all types of books. 

Jeanne G aka Bearsstar
New User
preferredstock
0 Kudos

Hi there, my name is Sheri and this is my first time participating in the B&N First Look Book Club. I'm an avid reader and VERY excited to delve into The Believers - it looks so good!!
Frequent Contributor
wendyroba
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! My name is Wendy...I've been participating in other First Look discussions and look forward to this one too. Zoe Heller will be a new-to-me author... I love getting to know new authors. I review all books on my blog Caribousmom.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Got my acceptance email today.   Look forward to seeing both lots of old and many new faces (well, e-faces) here.  Zoe Heller is new to me, so it will be an interesting read.

0 Kudos

Hey all.  I am super jazzed to be getting The Believers.  I received What Was She Thinking a few weeks ago so now I will have to read it before the new book comes in.  Looking forward to reading and discussing with all of you.

http://educatingpetunia.blogspot.com/

Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

Got my confirmation today and am glad to say that I will be participating in another book discussion.

Has anyone else noticed that when you go to read the thread messages it no longer takes you to your first unread message?  I don't know if it is something new or just a glitch they have not worked out yet :smileysad:

New User
kdeangelo
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm Kristina and I'm so excited to be a part of this! My sisters and I have just started our own mini book club, but I'm very excited to take part in one of this nature!

Can't wait to read the book and discuss it with all of you!

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Got the email that counts! I am in!