Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
EJD0626
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi, I'm Elise from Kentucky. This is my first "First Look" book club participation, so I'm excited to see what's in store & read Zoe Heller's book.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Hi, Mary Ann!  There are a couple more Puget Sounders here on BN, so you're in good company.

Wasn't today a glorious day?  And it looks like a few more of the same to come. But shhhhh -- we want to keep the image of perpetual rain up here to keep the Californians from moving in in even bigger droves than they already are!  :smileyvery-happy:

magill1968 wrote:
Hello, I'm Mary Ann from South Puget Sound in Washington State.  This is my first "online" book club...looking forward to getting started!

0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I am Audrey and received my confimatation letter today.  I can't wait to get my book and start reading!
New User
Norris_05
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! Greetings from the great if not slightly windblown state of Louisiana! I hope I get in to this book club I am so looking forward to a good book with some good friends!
Contributor
deb-oh
0 Kudos

Hi!

Just found out I was selected for this months First Look and am very excited to be a part of first look again.  So far the selections have been great and I am looking forward to more of the same!

Thanks again!

Debbi

Frequent Contributor
renhair
0 Kudos

mwinasu....you made me spit my drink!!!!  Thanks for the laugh!

mwinasu wrote:
 Thank you Barnes and Noble.  I just got my conformation.  I am Mwinasu on line and I live seven miles outside Wasilla Alaska. And for those who may be wondering, I live five miles closer to Russia than Sarah and I am up on a hill with binoculars and I still can't see Russia.

Reader 4
lorene16
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Lorene. I signed up for The Believers First Look Book Club. This is my first time participating and I am very excited. I look forward to discussing the book with all of you!
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Hi all. I am happy to say I am joining this discussion. I was afraid I had missed the deadline since I somehow missed the announcement, but I did make it in.

My name is Bonnie and I work as a school psychologist in a rural county in the NC foothills. I have 3 (kind of grown) kids, my youngest just left for college last month.

What caught my interest in this book was the references to the MC's adult children. I love reading books about women my age or older and their family issues. The religious searching also hits an interest as I just left a mainstream church.

I look forward to reading and discussing this book. I notice many names I recognize from other first look books. This will be my third.

Contributor
Donna-readerinWI
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Donna and I'm from Wisconsin.  I just received my confirmation and I am SO excited!!  This is my first time in the First Look, and I'm hoping not my last!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Bonnie824 wrote:

Hi all. I am happy to say I am joining this discussion. I was afraid I had missed the deadline since I somehow missed the announcement, but I did make it in.

My name is Bonnie and I work as a school psychologist in a rural county in the NC foothills. I have 3 (kind of grown) kids, my youngest just left for college last month.

What caught my interest in this book was the references to the MC's adult children. I love reading books about women my age or older and their family issues. The religious searching also hits an interest as I just left a mainstream church.

I look forward to reading and discussing this book. I notice many names I recognize from other first look books. This will be my third.

Hi Bonnie,
You made me chuckle when you said kind of grown kids. My youngest is 28 and she is just becoming a friend and it feels like I've waited forever for that to happen. I also enjoy reading about characters that are in the same age category that I am.
So welcome and I'll look forward to discussing The Believers with you. 

Contributor
quinncx
0 Kudos

I'm Colleen from DC, and I'm looking forward to participating in my first First Look book club.  I really enjoyed Notes on a Scandal so I'm looking forward to reading The Believers.
Reader
CarriesClassics
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Carrie from Denver.  I just got my confirmation PM so I'm really looking forward to joining in this discussion. 

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

My First Look book is on the way! I am Choisya a retiree from Over the Pond, living in Hertfordshire with my black cat!  I look forward to reading another Zoe Heller, having enjoyed her Notes on a Scandal.  

Reader
rneil64
0 Kudos

Hi! Got my confirmation today....now can't wait for the book to get here so I can start reading it. Happy reading, everyone! :smileywink:
Contributor
atkinst2
0 Kudos

Hi,  this is Theresa.   Just signed up for this one.   This will be my third "First Look".  Love the opportunity to read these new books.

Thanks Karen for all your hard work.

Theresa

Reader
mommydragonz
0 Kudos

Hi everyone my name is Gail and this will be a first for me.  I live in rural wyoming and am looking forward to doing more with my day.
Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just got my confirmation email today!  This will be my first time participating.  I am very excited and looking forward to reading the book and discussing it with all of you.  I live in VA and I LOVE to read.

Teresa

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Reader 2
3boyscreations
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I am so excited I mde it in, I thought I missed the cutoff, but I got my email. I am so excited because I have never done this before!!!!! Danielle in Wilmington NC
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hi Bonnie,
"You made me chuckle when you said kind of grown kids. My youngest is 28 and she is just becoming a friend and it feels like I've waited forever for that to happen. I also enjoy reading about characters that are in the same age category that I am.

So welcome and I'll look forward to discussing The Believers with you. "

Thanks. My oldest is going to be 28 next month and he is still "finding himself" I guess. My youngest is 18 and 12 hours away in college. She is probably the most mature of all though (maybe because she is the only girl!

Bonnie

Reader
khager23
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kelly.  I'm 28 and addicted to buying books, which I'm trying to stop because someday my apartment will collapse under the weight of them and then I will die. 

I live in Baltimore and I'm really excited to read this book because I enjoyed Notes on a Scandal.