Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
sailorreader
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

I love sailing and I love reading therefore my book club id is sailorreader.  I am looking forward to reading and discussing the Believers.  sailorreader
sailorreader
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I live in the Boston area, and I received my copy of "The Believers"... not sure if anyone else in the area has received theirs. It will be interesting reading....

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
Guerneymember12
0 Kudos

Hi fellow members,

I am so excited about the book club!  My favorite thing to do - besides being a mom and wife  - is to read.  I loved it so much I majored in Literature. ( a long time ago)  I love many different genres of books.  But I'm used to choosing certain "types" of books- you know, the same ol', same ol' -so this will be great.  different lands, CHANGE etc. And I did not read Heller's first book, so I have no idea, other than the short summary, of what to expect.  Except --a book in my mail, which means I'm actually excited to check the mail everyday!!  Talk to you soon

Contributor
Opusquest
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm really looking forward to this club and The Believers!

The last First Look was awesome!
Contributor
nhbooklover
0 Kudos

I was browsing the book clubs section one Sunday and saw this and I'd never heard of the author and this book sounded more interesting to me than the other choice did. Hope I get to join everyone.

New User
Angelshimmery
0 Kudos

Hi,

just received my pm to let me know I'll be getting a copy of The Believers, looking forward to the discussion. This will be my first Zoe Heller book and my first online book club, I'm really looking forward to them both.

Angie  

Inspired Contributor
gosox
0 Kudos

I live in the seacoast area of NH and received my book today. I really enjoyed the letter from the author and look forward to reading and discussing the book.

Go Red Sox!!

New User
wmmom2006
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Peggy and I live in Virginia.   This is my first time with The First Look Book Club.  I just got my message that I will be receiving a book and I can't wait.  I look forward to reading the book and participating in the discussions. 
Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've been off the boards for a record few weeks - glad I got back on to see a new First Look.   I really enjoyed the movie, Notes on a Scandal.  Based on that, I hope to enjoy the writing of this author.

One of the interesting things about the B&N bookclubs: we all come from such different places, but get together through our reading here.  I live in a small town, a couple hours from the nearest city.  I feel somewhat isolated and this forum has been great to break that feeling of isolation.

tgem

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I just received my book tonight and I can't wait to get started.  Jo
Reader 2
marinajw
0 Kudos

Hi there Im still kinda new I love to read all kinds of interesting authors and this one sounds like something I will enjoy I hope I get to be in the discussion, Im Marina from Tn
Contributor
dogearedcopy
0 Kudos

I just got my confirmation this morning and I'm thrilled!

I thought that I might not get in because I signed up so late and there was no way of knowing (If I hadn't gotten in would I have been PM-ed? Ah but the point is moot and I'm eagerly awaiting my ARC!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

dogearedcopy

PS - I'm going to go get a copy of What Was She Thinking: Notes on a Scandal to read while I'm waiting . . .

Stay Cool & Keep the Faith
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hi EbonyAngel,

It's your neighbor from St. Charles county, it's nice to see so many new faces and even better to see old friends. :smileyhappy:

Hey, great to see you here.
Reader 2
sleepless01
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

I'm so excited!  My book arrived in the mail yesterday.  I'm looking forward  to this reading group.  I don't remember if I had already mentioned this, but for the past month I have been utterly absorbed in the worlds of Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Series and The Host) and Andrew Davidson (The Gargoyle), so it's due time that I came up for air. 

Anyone else out there from the Volunteer State?

Rosa

P.S. It will be interesting to discover any similarities between the character of the same name other than the obvious.  I'm also the youngest of three children, and have a passion for religions (Judaism amongst them!) (-;

Message Edited by sleepless01 on 10-02-2008 07:30 AM
"No, you're not bored. You're boring. You have to take responsibility for creating an exciting and dynamic life." - Kerry Washington's mother
Contributor
shannonbh
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am looking forward to this online discussion.  So excited to be a part of this book club! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
TrishNYC
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My name is Patricia and I live in NYC. I discovered BN first look through librarything.com(if you don't know what this is, you need to). I received my copy of The Believers two days ago and I hope to start it this weekend. I have never been a part of a book club so this should be interesting. I look forward to the conversations that will arise as a result of reading what looks like a very interesting book. Take care all.

Cheers.

Trish 

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I just received my book yesterday evening.   I hope to start reading next week.  I am in the Chicago suburbs,

MG

KxBurns
0 Kudos

Hey guys!

Just a note to those of you new to First Look: if you would prefer to read portions of the book and discuss them as you read (without knowing the ending), you will have that option, with some threads limited to discussion of specific parts of the book. You might want to hold off on diving into The Believers until I post the schedule tomorrow.

There will also be threads in which the entire book is under discussion. If that's how you want to participate, then have at it when your book arrives!

The schedule will be posted tomorrow in News, Schedules & Updates.

Karen

New User
twodogs333
0 Kudos

Hello Karen. Hello All. I'm Carrie. I am really new to this. So am I understanding this correctly we will be sent the book (reader's copy) to read and then discuss? 
Contributor
saratoga99
0 Kudos

Hi Trish,

So nice to recognize someone's name.  You are right!!  Everyone does need to check out librarything.com.  

Have a great weekend.

Irene