Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

KxBurns
0 Kudos

Welcomes and Introductions

Welcome everyone,

I'm Karen and I'll be moderating this book club for Zoë Heller's The Believers. I'm looking forward to another great round of First Look!

Please introduce yourselves below!

Karen

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi Karen,

I just signed up so now just crossing my fingers. I haven't had the pleasure of reading Zoe Heller so I'm looking forward to experiencing her for the first time.

Can't wait. 

Frequent Contributor
Luvstoread
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just signed up for this one too.  I have never heard of this author.  I hope that I get in for this book.  Sounds very interesting.

Norma

Luvs2read (a/k/a Norma)
Reader 4
starlasims
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello! Just signed up for The Believers. Hope I get in. I have not read Zoe Heller, but thought it sounded interesting.

Starla

Message Edited by starlasims on 09-15-2008 01:50 PM
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone: I just signed up and hope to be a part of this book club. I have not read anything by Zoe Heller but I  am looking forward to getting to know her as an author.
Message Edited by CAG on 09-15-2008 11:19 AM
CAG
Frequent Contributor
anaifrs
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I am excited to read another Zoe Heller.  I read her Notes on a Scandal.  Great stuff.

*ANA*
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I just signed up for "The Believers" First Look book.  Looking forward to the discussion.  I am a veteran of the First Look Book readings.  Have enjoyed all of the discussions.

MG

New User
MarthaTee
0 Kudos

Hello, all.  I'm Martha from Little Rock, AR.  Looking forward to this book and discussion. 

Martha

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Hi, I just signed up and hope I am selected. I read the author's "Notes from a Scandal" and loved it! This is my first online book club - - I'm looking forward to the discussion. Judy
New User
ShellyDee444
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm Michelle & I just signed up. This will be my first on line book club and I am so excited to get started!

Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

Hey All! Just signed up and am keeping my fingers crossed..... Is her book Notes of a Scandel what the movie was based on?
Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that I'm registered.  Was it a simple click on the title - The Believers or did I miss the spot?
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Meme,

Follow the instructions contained in Maria's post here.  It will help you send a PM and get registered. :smileyhappy:

meme1 wrote:
I'm not sure that I'm registered.  Was it a simple click on the title - The Believers or did I miss the spot?

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I just signed up for The Believers. I am a veteran of the First Look club and have

read Zoe Heller's What Was She Thinking? [Notes On A Scandal]. It sounds interesting. Looking

forward to the discussion.

CathyB

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Deb and I loved Notes on a Scandal and also Everything You Know, which I'm not certain is available in the US. I ordered it from the UK. She's a great writer and I can't wait to read her latest.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello all;

I am so happy to be in another great book read with all of  you. All of these clubs are so adventurous. We do not know the beyond of these brand new stories. I just love the suspense of it all. I am a real oldy on B&N book clubs and of course the most avid reader there is on earth. Well, at least, one of the most avid readers.  I am retired so I read all the time, well sometimes I have lunch dates with friends and overnite trips with friends and doodle alot with scrapbooking and am on some committees but mostly read. What a life of Riley!  I know!  Happy reading to us all.   Linda (Va)

Frequent Contributor
anaifrs
0 Kudos

yes. the movie lacks some of the details, but nonetheless the movie was nominated for several academy awards/oscars

*ANA*
Frequent Contributor
Readingrat
0 Kudos

I just signed up too.  It was hard choosing but I think this one sounds interesting.  Looking forward to discussing it with everyone.
Frequent Contributor
chana56
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone.

I'm Chana, from Haifa (northern Israel).  I just signed up, and hope I got in.  I'm another old veteran of B&N book clubs (since 2006), but this is my first First Look club.   It was indeed very hard to choose between the two books offered this time.  I haven't read Zoë Heller's work before, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Chana

"We don't stop laughing when we get old, we get old when we stop laughing - Anonymous
Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Thanks to Melissa W for the info on registering.  I'm registered and I hope I will receive a copy.  I enjoy the different viewpoints that readers have of the same book I read!  I certainly enjoy the opportunities that First Look provides.
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain