Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Community Room

Please use this thread for all off-topic discussions.  This would be the place to discuss other books you love, authors you recommend, and generally to chat and get to know one another. 
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I did get my confirmation pm today, so those are starting as Maria said. She has a good post too on the news and update threads that should answer anyone's questions about it, so you are not wondering if you did it right or where is mine! They are starting to come, if you did it according to the instructions and the information she lists there to know. So, the confirmations are starting and l am looking forward to reading this book and enjoying some good club time with everyone, when we get started next month. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
Tonya
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone and Ms Dickinson about her new book. I checked out a few of her articles from a paper. I am even more excited after doing so!

Tonya

Contributor
jose408
0 Kudos

Well am still waiting for my comfirmation for the first look of the book but I think i love the book i pick i was also looking foward to chat witheveryone just like tonya
Contributor
1ggprincess
0 Kudos

Hey all... I just got my confirmation at 1038am. I am thrilled about this. I am part of a regular book club and it is the greatest experience- so to be part of something where the author is involved- awesome...

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

G -

You're right- getting to speak to authors in the online book clubs is fantastic.  I think one of the best things about it is you get to hear what they say, think about it and you have time to formulate your response/question/idea. 

Stephanie
Contributor
cindysloveofbooksarc
0 Kudos

Wow that was really fast. I got my confirmation yesterday and the book was here today. i just noticed that my cover is different from the one posted. LOL I acutally like the one that is posted here. Did anyone else notice that?
My blog. Please feel free to check it out.

http://cindysloveofbooks.blogspot.com/
Reader
sharonluvscats
0 Kudos

I noticed right away that the cover was different. I like the one on here too.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Cindy -- Sharp eyes!  It continues to be obvious that I apparently don't choose books by their covers.  Thanks for the "open your eyes" message.  (My copy arrived yesterday, I have not yet taken the time to read even the opening paragraph, let alone the cover letter.)

Pepper

cindysloveofbooksarc wrote:
Wow that was really fast. I got my confirmation yesterday and the book was here today. i just noticed that my cover is different from the one posted. LOL I actually like the one that is posted here. Did anyone else notice that?
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
cocospals-x
0 Kudos

Can someone please tell me how I get the cute little avatars to appear under my name on the discussion thread?
New User
cocospals-x
0 Kudos

never mind, it just appeared!
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cocospals wrote:

I think they said after you choose one you have to sign off and sign back on again before it will appear. Maybe that's why you couldn't see it at first.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

LOL! I was wondering when I saw you ask at first, cause it was showing there hehe. :smileywink:

cocospals wrote:

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Reader
4catz
0 Kudos

I want to say that I read this book in 2 days and loved it.  It's not like a traditional plot driven novel, but more of a sharing of one woman's life and what shaped it.  This is definitely a book worth sharing w/ other women in our lives.

4catz 

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Where am I missing the notice of when Amy will be joining us? I can't find the date for that now lol.

Also, I was just wondering. Which cover do you prefer? The one shown on here with the picnic table or the one on the books we got? I think I actually like the one we got better. I like the barn top since they had cows but more so because of the north,east,south, west vane. She talks about going home all the time and to me thats like showing where home is. The one of the picnic table, I am not as thrilled with. It's a picnic I don't even remember reading about. I think if the picnic was to represent the gathering of the Mighty Queens, then it would be more fitting to show a picture of some woman at a Diner table all chatting, all ages I think.

Vivian
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vivian,

Amy Dickinson should be joining us on Monday the 27th.   I'm betting she'll be a lot of fun. 

Stephanie
Contributor
PCGator
0 Kudos

I agree, I prefer the cover we received.  I like Vivian's take on this, and I was wondering too if the north,south, east, west was something of a symbol for the different directions our lives sometimes take.

Carol

vivico1 wrote:

I like the barn top since they had cows but more so because of the north,east,south, west vane. She talks about going home all the time and to me thats like showing where home is.

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

I think I would be more drawn to the picnic cover, but I like the one we got because I just got a weathervane (mine's a horse) on our shop. 
Contributor
danikl
0 Kudos

Just got my book today. Really excited to be in this First Look Book Club. It's my first time. Haven't been able to put the book down since it was delivered!

Am enjoying reading everyone's comments.

Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 204 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: