Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
grandmadeb
0 Kudos

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the first look book.  Hopefully I will get to read MQF!   I live in Western Kansas, work as a nurse in a rural hospital.  I have a bad habit of reading 2 to 3 books at a time! 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

grandmadeb

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Hi again! I'm a little bummed out b/c I did not get an email saying I would be receiving the book - I'm still hoping that I will be able to be included for the first look club with this book - it looks great... :smileyhappy:  Either way - thanks to B&N for this great opportunity.

Contributor
bermudaonion
0 Kudos

I'm Kathy in South Carolina and I'm excited because this is the first book I've gotten from First Look. 
Reader
Moodymama
0 Kudos

Hello and Good Afternoon!

My name is Shelly and I am a single mother of 3 in Boise Idaho. This will be my third time :smileyhappy:  I am very much looking forward to the next book!

Contributor
ahandy
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Andrea and I'm excited to join for the first time.  Hopefully I will get the book!
Andrea
New User
songbirdz
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Lauren, from RI. Married mama of two little munchkins, book blogger, and member of LibrayThing.com! This is my first First Look, and I'm pretty excited to join! Can't wait to read and discuss this with everyone! :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Danielle from France, an old timer B&N book club addict.  I just got my enrollment confirmation.

I am so glad I will get a copy of this new book which will enable me to discover an author who I never "met" before. It's like meeting someone who might become a new friend: one never knows! Amy Dickinson sounds very American to me and reading about the USA is like going on holidays for me, away from France and my daily occupations.

Thank you so much.

Danielle

Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for this very useful tip!

Danielle

vivico1 wrote:

If you want to see if its been read yet, just go to your pm's, check in the "sent" part, if its black, they have not read it yet, if its grey, they have. Sometimes it takes a day or so to get read. But just check it like any other private message sent and you can tell. :smileywink:

LillyAndLola wrote:
Hey, Stephanie! Hope my registration went through. Is there any way to confirm that you received it? I love Amy Dickinson and am really eager to participate!

Contributor
Twink
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! It sounds like everyone is as excited as I am to be in on this First Look selection. I'm an avid reader from the Great White North. I enjoy 'discovering' new authors and Dickinson is new to me1
New User
PirateColey
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm Nicole and this'll be my first First Look- got the confermation today. I've been on a memoir kick lately, so this'll be a good read for me. I'm a LTer, book blogger, and general ARC junkie.

See you all when the book talk starts. =) 

Life without literature is death... or rather, the burial of a living man...
Contributor
cindysloveofbooksarc
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, My name is Cindy. I live north of the USA in Canada. I am married and a stay at home mom. I have a son who is 5 years old and he just started kindergarden this month. I am an avid reader and book blogger. This book looks really good. Hoping that I am able to snag a copy. I am presuming that I will get one seeing as they are still taking names for it. Is that right? This is the first time I am doing this and I am looking forward to doing it.
My blog. Please feel free to check it out.

http://cindysloveofbooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Wow, we have a very diverse group here!  Welcome again to all those just coming in, and I hope you're all getting confirmation emails so that we can enjoy Amy Dickinson's book together.
Stephanie
Contributor
cindysloveofbooksarc
0 Kudos

How soon do you normally get the confirmation emails?
My blog. Please feel free to check it out.

http://cindysloveofbooks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
m3girl
0 Kudos

Good morning!  My name is Susan and I live in Chicago!  I am very happy to be able to participate in another First Look book club.  I look forward to reading and discussing this interesting book.

Susan

New User
Betty_Lovelace
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Betty and I live in Fort Worth, Texas.  This is my first time in a book club and I am really excited!

Contributor
LollySirk
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Lolly (nickname, actually) and I'm a veteran First Look member.  I'm looking forward to reading this book.  I haven't been disappointed  with the choices so far even though they have been outside the arena of my usual picks.  :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Des222
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Jean, and this is my second First Look opportunity. I'm very excited, as I am familiar with Amy via her column in the Chicago Trib. I have two boys and work from home part time, so a break-time for reading is a welcome time for relaxation. Also, I learned so much from the last B&N book club; I'm looking forward to more "a-ha's" and "Oh! I never thought of it that way" moments from our discussions. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

Haven't receiveda conformation yet..... Hope I get in.....
Contributor
CKindian
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Carol and I am looking forward to reading and discussing the Mighty Queens of Freeville.  I am the mother of two and the grandmother of six.  I am an avid reader. 
Frequent Contributor
DONNAJG24
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!!

My name Donna and I live in Gainesville, GA. I'm originally from Northwest Ohio. I'm married, have a 15 (16 on the 14th), work full-time, and attend school online. This is my second "First Look" experience. I hope that is book is better. It sounds like it so far. I look forward to reading the book and hearing about what everyone thinks. I just received my confirmation today, so don't worry if you haven't gotten your yet!!

Users Online
Currently online: 28 members 421 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: