Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Re: questions for the author

[ Edited ]

How clever of you.

Can we refrain from discussing (or mentioning) the ending in this thread?

Thank you.

kren250 wrote:

PirateColey13 wrote:

Okay... got the book Friday... Started it Monday morning... finished it in one sitting.

Guess that shows my opinion of it!!

I can't wait untill the discussion gets to the end!!!  But I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll wait...

One thing I will say is that I HATED the extra panel on the cover. It was so awkward to hold (the book was thick and tightly bound as it was!) and I spent a lot of time checking between chapters to make sure I wasn't creasing it beyond repair.  I've reviewed a lot of ARCs and this is only the second with the extra cover-flap. Seriously people- it's a waste of a tree. If I wasn't so spastic about my books I'd have cut it off back in chapter three.

/rant off =)

~*Nicole*~

Message Edited by Maria_H on 03-31-2009 10:38 AM

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Contributor
kren250
0 Kudos

Thank you for pointing that out. I have edited my message and erased it.

Maria_H wrote:

How clever of you.

Can we refrain from discussing (or mentioning) the ending in this thread?

Thank you.

Contributor
mnbc

Re: About The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane & Katherine Howe

This books sounds like something I will very much enjoy reading. Love that she based it on MA., where I am from. On another note this sight is the worst sight I have ever been on for navigating around. Very confusing and you feel like you just keep going around in circles. Would love to keep involved with this club, but wish it was easier.
Book Lover
Contributor
MSReader
0 Kudos

ACK!!

I literally JUST got the book and have to leave for work in a little bit...sigh...

I know what I'll be doing once I'm home and the kids are in bed!! Laundry?  No, it can wait.  Dishes?  They'll still be there in the a.m.

I cannot wait to dive into this!  I read the first chapter on the B&N site a little over a week ago and got so excited!!

I hope I don't miss out on the early discussions because of my later start.

Such a great topic for a novel!!!

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time~ Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)
Contributor
PirateColey13
0 Kudos

gringorn wrote:
I like the book so far but am getting a little bit nervous it is going to turn out to be a harlequin romance type story, just written with a bit more to the plot and character development.  I hope I am wrong, but i do have to admit that I know several people in my immediate circle who would adore it if it does. 

Don't worry too much. I really dislike harlequin style books, and I loved this one. I didn't feel that they took the romance too far... and it certainly wasn't trashy or trite. There is romance there, but it deffinetly takes back seat to the storyline. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Keep poking around, mnbc! Not only will you figure out tricks to help you navigate the site, but also lots of help along the way. Many of us are willing to help, and our moderators are great. The "Help" boards are also very useful. :smileywink:

mnbc wrote:
This books sounds like something I will very much enjoy reading. Love that she based it on MA., where I am from. On another note this sight is the worst sight I have ever been on for navigating around. Very confusing and you feel like you just keep going around in circles. Would love to keep involved with this club, but wish it was easier.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
tammypennington
0 Kudos

So excited to have received my book today!!  I'd better get reading....LOVE the cover and it sounds so intriguing.  :smileyhappy:
Tammy in Seattle
Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

I am concerned that my book is still not here. This is my first First Look so I'm not sure what to expect but I feel as if I'm missing the conversation. Can someone please check - run a tracer or something?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
Frequent Contributor
hoot
0 Kudos

Excellent choice First Look crew! Kat Howe is a wonderful writer and her book so far is engaging.
www.bellasnovella.com
Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

I am very happy to report that my book came. Thank you so much. I'm off to speed read and then try to catch up with everyone else. Thanks again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

joyfull wrote:
I am very happy to report that my book came. Thank you so much. I'm off to speed read and then try to catch up with everyone else. Thanks again.

joyfull, I bet you are J O Y F U L L !!!!!  I'm so glad you got your book.  Jump in with your comments when you are ready!!!

ponie
Reader
Mignon
0 Kudos

I finally recieved my copy and am looking forward to catching up!
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Mignon wrote:
I finally recieved my copy and am looking forward to catching up!

Yippieeee and yahoo!  You got your book!  Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!!!
ponie
New User
Velvet_Rose
0 Kudos

When i got the book in the mail i picked it up and wasnt able to put it down until i was done with it!

The story drew me in right at the beginning!!

It is such a great story and so well written, it keeps you wanting to read to find out what happens.

I really enjoyed this book!

Reader 2
MCondon

I agree what a great book. I am recommending it for my book club.

Mary C
MNBC
Contributor
mnbc

I also cannot put the book down, great read. I know my book club will really enjoy reading this one. I liked the book cover at first but is a little annoying while reading. Cannot wait to finish. Hope she writes again......great job
Book Lover
Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
0 Kudos

Maria,

Just wanted to share my excitement for this month's first look discussion...it's awesome!!!

Excellent pick for great conversation chains are going on!

I just so love these book chats, they are the best!!!!

Thanks again,

Darby

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Maria,

This is my favorite of the First Look choices so far.  It seems as though the book club is more active than the ones past. Is this just my perception or would you, as administrator, agree with this assessment?  

Are the same number of books given out each time? Perhaps there are more readers in this particular book club?  

Or do you think it might be the mix of readers?  Or that the book really spoke more strongly to us as a group?

Thanks!
GL

Frequent Contributor
MomforrestMO
0 Kudos

Received book - love it hate that I have to go to work and not finish it.  I'll finish it this weekend.  I like the looks of the flap but agree it's in the way.  The dialect is a little confusing but adds to the feel of the book. 
MomforrestMO
Contributor
mchwest
0 Kudos

I really liked this book, and found it very interesting. I thought it was a real page-turner and many books i read about the salems witch craft trials can be a bit dry, but this one was an exception. I strongly recommend reading it.