Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book!

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Tomorrow, April 30th, at 12:00 p.m. EST, we'll be announcing the next First Look Book and taking registrations at that time!

Be on the look out for the new board. It'll be posted on the announcements board and I'll drop a note here as well.

I'll definitely be looking.  I've enjoyed the First Looks and reading all the comments.  These books have opened my eyes to different authors I wouldn't ordinarily read.
Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks and Stay Tuned for the Next First Look Book!

Thanks ponie for the suggested reading list.  It will give me something to read while waiting anxiously for the next First Look selection to be announced!

ponie wrote:

daylilies1126 wrote:
Thanks to Barnes and Noble and Katherine Howe for such a great First Look pick.  The discussion has been interesting, and the book was different from most of the books that I tend to read.  It has opened up a whole new genre of books for me to pursue.  I look forward to the next one.

Speaking of a whole new genre...isn't that the truth.!! Yea! for your willingness to go there!! 

Add these to your TBR list: (along with many others that have been referenced throughout the many posts)

Garden Spells (Sarah Addison Allen)

The Heretic's Daughter (Kent)

The Crucible (Miller)

Susannah Morrow (Megan Chance)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond  (Elizabeth George Speare)

dhaupt
0 Kudos

sylvia387 wrote:
ponie...you are hilariously crazy!
Yes but what great company you're in.
Tick Toc Tick Toc only a few more hours before B&N gets bombarded w/pm's for the next to be best seller!! 

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book!

So true, Dawn.  You took the words right out of my mouth!  Non book lovers just wouldn't understand!  :smileywink:
Thayer wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Tomorrow, April 30th, at 12:00 p.m. EST, we'll be announcing the next First Look Book and taking registrations at that time!

Be on the look out for the new board. It'll be posted on the announcements board and I'll drop a note here as well.

And so the dramatic dance that is First Look begins... Will I get registered in time? Will I get accepted? I didn't get confirmed!? I got confirmed but haven't received my book! Where is my book! There's the UPS truck but he didn't deliver my book!! Everyone in my area has received theirs except me!!! The discussion begins in 'X' days and I haven't received my book! WHERE IS MY BOOK!!!!      <ahem>  Sorry I lost myself for a moment there. :smileywink:

Only a true book lover would subject oneself to such exquisite torture. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Inspired Contributor
pode
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Many, many thanks for such a successful First Look Book Club. Hats off to Katherine Howe for writing such a terrific book which spurred our great discussion here.

We'll be announcing our next First Look selection next week, so keep your eyes on the boards!

Best,

Paul

Okay, so before the next FIRST LOOK starts........would someone please tell me what it means to "tag", when it's appropriate to "tag", how to "tag", why to "tag"?  I've googled but don't really get it.  (ponie, this is for you, too!)

Thank you!!!

pode

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
â Henry Ward Beecher
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

pode wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Many, many thanks for such a successful First Look Book Club. Hats off to Katherine Howe for writing such a terrific book which spurred our great discussion here.

We'll be announcing our next First Look selection next week, so keep your eyes on the boards!

Best,

Paul

Okay, so before the next FIRST LOOK starts........would someone please tell me what it means to "tag", when it's appropriate to "tag", how to "tag", why to "tag"?  I've googled but don't really get it.  (ponie, this is for you, too!)

Thank you!!!

pode

OK!  Have I just been tagged??? :smileytongue:  Not in the way they are used here I don't think!:smileyhappy:  But TRJ4SQ is the top tagger so maybe we'll hear from her. 

So, TRJ4SQ, Tag! you're it!!!!!:smileywink:

ponie
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Accompanied by blasting Baroque horns, our next First Look Selection is now open for registration!

Click Here!

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul_H for your attention! I've just subscribed and I'll look forward to my ARC confirmation.
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Accompanied by blasting Baroque horns, our next First Look Selection is now open for registration!

Click Here!

Hi Paul,

I just have a question about the registration. Are things a little different this time? Usually when I try to register I am taken directly to the PM window and the address and subject are already filled in. This time I had to do that myself and I was wondering if that was correct or has the quota already been filled? I'm probably just obsessing and I apologize in advance.      Thanks! PB684:smileyhappy:

PB684
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Yes. We did things a bit different this time. We want to keep you on your toes :smileywink:

PB684 wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Click Here!

Hi Paul,

I just have a question about the registration. Are things a little different this time? Usually when I try to register I am taken directly to the PM window and the address and subject are already filled in. This time I had to do that myself and I was wondering if that was correct or has the quota already been filled? I'm probably just obsessing and I apologize in advance.      Thanks! PB684:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Yes. We did things a bit different this time. We want to keep you on your toes :smileywink:

PB684 wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Click Here!

Hi Paul,

Dude!  We are sooooo on our toes our calves are hurting!!!!!:smileytongue:

ponie
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

PB684 wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Click Here!

Hi Paul,

Definitely kept me on mine.  I thought I was doing something wrong. :womansurprised:

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

meme1 wrote:
Thanks to all who make the First Look possible.  It's an awesome program that is managed well and the selections have all been interesting - especially Deliverance Dane, my favorite.

I agree, Deliverance Dane was my favorite also but it is wonderful to have this opportunity to preview books that we might not ever think to pick up.   It has definitely forced me to read with a more critical eye!  Jo

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Immortal-Spirit wrote:

ponie wrote:

daylilies1126 wrote:
Thanks to Barnes and Noble and Katherine Howe for such a great First Look pick.  The discussion has been interesting, and the book was different from most of the books that I tend to read.  It has opened up a whole new genre of books for me to pursue.  I look forward to the next one.

Speaking of a whole new genre...isn't that the truth.!! Yea! for your willingness to go there!! 

Add these to your TBR list: (along with many others that have been referenced throughout the many posts)

Garden Spells (Sarah Addison Allen)

The Heretic's Daughter (Kent)

The Crucible (Miller)

Susannah Morrow (Megan Chance)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond  (Elizabeth George Speare)

Thanks Ponie for the TBR list.  I always have room on my list for more books.

I loved Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen and wondered if anyone has read her other great book Sugar Queen. That too, is magical and  is so deliciously wonderful! I am reading it now and its so difficult to put it down.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi kiakar,

I read The Sugar Queen and loved it she has a new book coming out in early 2010 called The Girl who Chased the Moon. She has such a way with words and I for one like that little bit of woo woo in her stories.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hi kiakar,

I read The Sugar Queen and loved it she has a new book coming out in early 2010 called The Girl who Chased the Moon. She has such a way with words and I for one like that little bit of woo woo in her stories.

You are so right, DHaupt. It is like her writing can convince you that every word is the very normal or the complete truth of the matter. I simply love the two books I have read of hers.

Distinguished Correspondent
PB684

kiakar wrote:

I loved Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen and wondered if anyone has read her other great book Sugar Queen. That too, is magical and  is so deliciously wonderful! I am reading it now and its so difficult to put it down.

I LOVE Sarah Addison Allen's books! I have read both of them and really enjoyed them. Funny thing happened...I had pre-ordered her new book, "The Girl Who Chased The Moon", which was originally supposed to be released  the first week of May, when suddenly the release dated was pushed to Feb. 2010...very disappointed to have to wait that long:smileysad: I agree with you...her books are definitely "delicious"!

PB684