Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book!

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Tomorrow, April 30th, at 12:00 p.m. EST, we'll be announcing the next First Look Book and taking registrations at that time!

Be on the look out for the new board. It'll be posted on the announcements board and I'll drop a note here as well.

The music is cued and we are all in our places with sun shiney faces and bated breath...drum roll please!!!!!!!! 
ponie
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

WooHoo! I can't wait. :smileywink:  I have my headphones ready so I can hear the music at work.  LOL Thanks for the head's up!

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Tomorrow, April 30th, at 12:00 p.m. EST, we'll be announcing the next First Look Book and taking registrations at that time!

Be on the look out for the new board. It'll be posted on the announcements board and I'll drop a note here as well.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks and Stay Tuned for the Next First Look Book!

Thank you <blushing>. What a great group we have had this time!

dhaupt wrote:

Well I do believe I heard someone mention bated breath before well my breath is bated waiting for the new announcement.

And yes DSaff congrats on all your laurels.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Distinguished Correspondent
biljounc63
0 Kudos

I think I figured out what the next First Look book is going to be! We were given a hint that it was going to be "magical". The obivious choice has to be a new series called "Harry Potter" I predict that this series is going to huge with movie deals, merchandising, and I am guessing the series will be about 7 books. All from a new author  J. K. Rowling. I just know that I'm right!
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Wordsmith
Tarri

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Tomorrow is my birthday.  Laurels for PaulH and B&N for the wonderful birthday present. 

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Woo Hoo!  I think the system will shut down at 12:01pm tomorrow.  :smileyvery-happy:

I look forward to discussing the new book with all of you.

See you tomorrow....:smileytongue:

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

Tarri wrote:

Tomorrow is my birthday.  Laurels for PaulH and B&N for the wonderful birthday present. 

Happy Birthday, Tarri!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

Can someone tell me where the announcement board is?  Still trying to navigate the site.
Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

ponie wrote:

daylilies1126 wrote:
Thanks to Barnes and Noble and Katherine Howe for such a great First Look pick.  The discussion has been interesting, and the book was different from most of the books that I tend to read.  It has opened up a whole new genre of books for me to pursue.  I look forward to the next one.

Speaking of a whole new genre...isn't that the truth.!! Yea! for your willingness to go there!! 

Add these to your TBR list: (along with many others that have been referenced throughout the many posts)

Garden Spells (Sarah Addison Allen)

The Heretic's Daughter (Kent)

The Crucible (Miller)

Susannah Morrow (Megan Chance)

The Witch of Blackbird Pond  (Elizabeth George Speare)

Thanks Ponie for the TBR list.  I always have room on my list for more books.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Here's a link I-S, but it appears on every page -- at the top to the right of Community Room.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board?board.id=announcements

Immortal-Spirit wrote:

Can someone tell me where the announcement board is?  Still trying to navigate the site.

Frequent Contributor
mgorbatjuk
0 Kudos

I really like the First Look club. I do read books that I wouldn't normally read and I have loved each one of them. Thank you
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

ROFL

biljounc63 wrote:
I think I figured out what the next First Look book is going to be! We were given a hint that it was going to be "magical". The obivious choice has to be a new series called "Harry Potter" I predict that this series is going to huge with movie deals, merchandising, and I am guessing the series will be about 7 books. All from a new author  J. K. Rowling. I just know that I'm right!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday, Tarri  :smileywink:

Tarri wrote:

Contributor
jennaml
0 Kudos

Very excited for the new announcement!
Thayer

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

And so the dramatic dance that is First Look begins... Will I get registered in time? Will I get accepted? I didn't get confirmed!? I got confirmed but haven't received my book! Where is my book! There's the UPS truck but he didn't deliver my book!! Everyone in my area has received theirs except me!!! The discussion begins in 'X' days and I haven't received my book! WHERE IS MY BOOK!!!!      <ahem>  Sorry I lost myself for a moment there. :smileywink:

Only a true book lover would subject oneself to such exquisite torture. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

biljounc63 wrote:

Oh how I love those truly magical series.  I hope you are right on.  You know if you are right I might just be able to get some of my kiddies on board!!:smileywink:

bilounc63, I so needed that laugh after the day I had with those lovely kids today! Can you believe that my seventh graders did not know who Hansel and Gretel were?!  What is our world coming to!!

I am so siked about tomorrow that I am going to miss our WONDERFUL lunch room food and slip into the lunchroom just a little late!  I can't wait to see what our next selection will be. And whoever said I bet we shut the system down at 12:01 is probably right!!

Sweet dreams, First Lookers, dream a little dream about what our next selection will be!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday, Tarri!! What a nice birthday present you are receiving!

Claudia:smileyvery-happy:

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

Thayer wrote:

PaulH wrote:

Cue the music! 

And so the dramatic dance that is First Look begins... Will I get registered in time? Will I get accepted? I didn't get confirmed!? I got confirmed but haven't received my book! Where is my book! There's the UPS truck but he didn't deliver my book!! Everyone in my area has received theirs except me!!! The discussion begins in 'X' days and I haven't received my book! WHERE IS MY BOOK!!!!      <ahem>  Sorry I lost myself for a moment there. :smileywink:

Only a true book lover would subject oneself to such exquisite torture. I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

OH MY GOSH!!  You were in my head at the beginning of TPBODD.  Seriously!  You crack me up!  And when the UPS guy finally arrived bearing the now beloved and then long awaited book I swooped down on him and told him way more that he wanted to know about this online book club I was in and how my friend got her book first even tho she signed up AFTER me and how could there be 2 days difference in deliveries when we only live a mile or so apart????  He was backing down the driveway the whole time I was talking and walking right along with him.  I'm sure he had to take a day off to recover!!!!
ponie
Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

ponie...you are hilariously crazy!
Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

sylvia387 wrote:
ponie...you are hilariously crazy!

:smileyvery-happy:
ponie