Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Thanks and Stay Tuned for the Next First Look Book!

Hi Everyone,

Many, many thanks for such a successful First Look Book Club. Hats off to Katherine Howe for writing such a terrific book which spurred our great discussion here.

We'll be announcing our next First Look selection next week, so keep your eyes on the boards!

Best,

Paul

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks and Stay Tuned for the Next First Look Book!

Thanks to Barnes and Noble for the opportunity to participate and thank you to the author for joining us.

twj

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Cool Paul 

Thanks!!! 

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Thanks to Katherine, Rachel, Paul, all the FL participants and B&N!! I enjoyed this book and discussion very much.

CathyB

Frequent Contributor
mooks
0 Kudos

Thank you again for this!! Will check back next week. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you who make the FL book club possible! From the B&N staff who select the book, to the moderators, author, editor, etc., you provide the opportunity to not only get to know the book but also the author. Thank you. This is an awesome opportunity and I can't wait to see what is next.  :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I can only echo what Paul has said here.  Katherine Howe is a first rate, first class, and wonderful writer.  She knows how to get you into a book which in turn created a GREAT push for a Great discussion throughout our time here.  

I would like to say thank you to all who participated in this discussion.  I really enjoyed the book and the discussion with everyone. 

I can't wait for her next book, and look forward to the next FL pick.

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
New User
flourlady
0 Kudos

This was a marvelous book.  I had trouble putting it down.  I'm already looking forward to this author's next book.  I will certainly continue to recommend this book to my friends with an interest in Salem, witches, wicca, and top notch books.
Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who make the First Look possible.  It's an awesome program that is managed well and the selections have all been interesting - especially Deliverance Dane, my favorite.
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who made this First Look possible: Barnes and Noble, Rachel, Paul, Maria and especially Katherine Howe who chose us to be some of the first people to read her wonderful novel. I predict we will soon be seeing it on the bestseller list! Also, thanks to my fellow readers whose participation made this a really great experience. Hope to see you all in the next First Look!
April
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I will definitely check out the next book.

This is my first time in the First Look book club.

I enjoyed the book and all the posts.

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

May I add my thanks to all who brought Katherine Howe to us. What an incredible writer, what a thought-provoking story.

And now what will we be reading this summer?

Aine

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Distinguished Correspondent
JerseyAngel
0 Kudos

Big thanks to everyone at B&N for this wonderful group. This was my first time & enjoyed it SO much! I don't think I have ever had so much fun reading a book. I also feel very fortunate that my first was such a wonderful book! Thanks to Katherine & her publisher for making these books available to us! Can't wait to see what the next one is!
Frequent Contributor
hoot
0 Kudos

Excellent experience all around! Loved the book.
www.bellasnovella.com
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

I would like to add my thanks to all, as well! Many, many thanks to Barnes & Noble, Katherine Howe and her publisher & the members of the First Look Club.   I'm very much looking forward to the next First Look selection!:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

Adding my thanks to all involved in another memorable FL book, Rachel, Katherine, Paul and all the FL posters who offer amazing posts which enrich the experience.  Somehow FL continues to get better with each selection.  It's exciting to think about what you're going to come up with next.  And to D & MSaff.  It's been nice seeing a husband and wife share and discuss this novel together. 

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Inspired Contributor
canterbear
0 Kudos

I too express my thanks to everyone who makes this experience possible.

And to our guest author and editor for taking part in this with us.

YAY!!!

Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

This was my first First Look experience and I couldn't be more pleased. The book was so good that I actually slowed down in reading it so I could just savor it. It was wonderful to be able to ask questions of the author and read all of her answers. And, then to read the various viewpoints of all the participants - Wow, I am a very happy First Look member and will be back again and again. Thank you Barnes and Noble.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Thank you, Barnes and Noble, Maria, Paul, Rachel and Katherine Howe for making this possible and the generous gift of books and your time! 

I really enjoyed this book and the discussions - it was my favorite of all the First Look Selections.   The wonderful combination of suspense, romance, and early American History was terrific.  

GL

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Thanks, Lynda  =) It really has been a lot of fun, and we look forward to others.

Carmenere_lady wrote:

And to D & MSaff.  It's been nice seeing a husband and wife share and discuss this novel together. 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com