Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Re: Watch the Physick Book Trailer!

The trailer is great!  If I had not already read the book, the trailer would definitely peak my interest!  Trailers for books...a great idea! 
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Distinguished Correspondent
Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

How can I get the code to post the trailer on my blog?

I loved that trailer. I like the idea of trailers for books. We seem to be in a visual society and I think these are great ways to introduce a story to someone that may not normally think of picking up a book.

Just a quick question... Where can I get the code to put the trailer on my blog? 

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: How can I get the code to post the trailer on my blog?

One thing you can do is copy and paste in the web address for the site. That will give you the trailer and everything else.

Jennmarie68 wrote:

I loved that trailer. I like the idea of trailers for books. We seem to be in a visual society and I think these are great ways to introduce a story to someone that may not normally think of picking up a book.

Just a quick question... Where can I get the code to put the trailer on my blog? 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: How can I get the code to post the trailer on my blog?

[ Edited ]

I'll PM you the embed code, Jennmarie. Stay tuned.

Also, we've created a badge especially for you First Look Readers that you can post. See this link.

Jennmarie68 wrote:

Message Edited by PaulH on 04-22-2009 09:35 PM
Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal

PB684 wrote:

I don't recall ever seeing a trailer for a book. It's a very interesting idea! Between this and the package design of the book itself I think Ms. Howe's publisher/publicist is very innovative and doing a wonderful job of getting this book noticed.

PB684:smileywink:

I teach 8th grade literature, and my students work with self-selected novels.  I recently had them use Microsoft movie maker (a free download) in order to create a book trailer for the novel they are currently reading.  They shared these with their peers in order to introduce the novel and make recommendations to their peers for future readings.  It was amazing to see what the students created!  It is a powerful classroom tool!!
"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

What a great idea! Good for you  =)

Zeal wrote:

I teach 8th grade literature, and my students work with self-selected novels.  I recently had them use Microsoft movie maker (a free download) in order to create a book trailer for the novel they are currently reading.  They shared these with their peers in order to introduce the novel and make recommendations to their peers for future readings.  It was amazing to see what the students created!  It is a powerful classroom tool!!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love how a good portion of the marketing scheme for this book has to do with the overall appearance of the novel. I think that the packaging of the book itself is gorgeous, and I think that the way in which the trailer for the book unfolds amidst the pages of the book is clever as well. The person in charge of marketing this book definetly knows what they are doing!

Message Edited by Rabid_Reader on 04-29-2009 12:30 PM
Contributor
jennaml
0 Kudos

I agree that this is neat. This kind of thing is pretty cool and it would be interesting if books started doing this more- it gives a feel for what its like, a kind of preview of sorts.
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Before receiving my book I saw the website I have to confess I got deep in it. I dived into the atmosphere of the book. If I hadn't received the book I'd probably be a very curious reader, possibly because of my interests on books about history and literature. This book involves them at the same time and it immediately tied me.

Great idea from editor and author! Congratulations.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i loved that trailer!! it was extremly cool! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: i think the music fit the book perfectly, and really added to the whole thing! it was great!! thanks for sharing that! :smileyhappy:

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
Idothea
0 Kudos

That was a really great trail for a really great book. I couldn't put this book down once I started.