Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to First Look! I'm Rachel Kubie, your moderator for the month. I'm really looking forward to reading together! Please use this space to introduce yourselves.

Inspired Contributor
kren250
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I'm Kelly, from rural Iowa. I'm 32, married, and currently a stay-at-home parent with three kids. This is my second First Look; I also  read Sag Harbor (speaking of which, I need to buzz over there now and post my final thoughts!)

Kelly

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Amanda - I also need to add my final thoughts on Sag Harbour.  I'm really looking forward to this book - it looks amazing!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, my name is Donna and I love the First Look Club! Thank you, B&N! I just signed up for this one, and hope to get a book. It sounds great. My husband and I love to read and discuss books together. It is a great hobby to share. I live in Western MA with my husband and our dog, Oscar. We have three sons and a daughter-in-law who are grown, but live close.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
bud12
0 Kudos

I am excited to join First Look for the second time. I loved the Sag Harbor book and discussion and look forward to having another opportunity to participate in this book club. I'm totally hooked and couldn't wait for the announcement of the new book.   I thought the format was great and loved the whole experience with the moderator, readers, publisher, and author.
Jo
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I just signed up for this new First Look - The book looks exciting.  I have been participating in the First Look's since the beginning.  It is fun to read the books before they are in book stores, and chat with the authors.  I love historical fiction, so I am looking forward to this one.   I just finished up Sag Harbor.  It was a good book also.   Still working on my review for that one.  

MG

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It is good to see other "Sag Harbor" fans here.  :smileyhappy:  While I have posted some final thoughts, I can't wait to read what others have to say.

kren250 wrote:

I also  read Sag Harbor (speaking of which, I need to buzz over there now and post my final thoughts!)

Kelly

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! My name is Cathy. First, I'd like to thank B&N for the First Look Club - it is fantastic. The discussions are excellent! This book sounds great! -  I just signed up and hope to get a book. I live in Central NJ with my husband and three kids.
Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

I'm also a fan of historical fiction, and this is a time period I have always been really fascintaed with.  I'm just way too excited to discuss this book.  When I was in writing school (oh so long ago) I focussed on historical fiction, but during the plague for some macabre reason (I guess everyone is a bit macabre in their early 20s?)

Amanda

fordmg wrote:

I love historical fiction, so I am looking forward to this one. 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Rachel and all other First Look groupies,

I'm Debbie and have been with First Look from the get go. I have enjoyed every one and look forward to this one. 

This book looks incredible, right up my alley, can't wait!! 

Message Edited by dhaupt on 03-10-2009 02:16 PM
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello;

Another arc flb on the way to bring gobs of reading for us all!   Great!  Sounds like we may learn alot of old history on this one.   I love this enriched idea of getting free books, don't you?  Most people know me in these clubs. I am Linda, retired and all of my four children are married and live away with all my seven grandchildren. I do have two living closer to me than the rest. I do miss them but reading helps the times without their company.  Of course, a few other things also that I do for the community and outings with friends occupy my time. Happy reading to us all!

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello fellow First Lookers,

This will be my 4th time participating in First Look.  I just finished Sag Harbor and I am so excited that there is another First Look selection so soon.  This book sounds like one that will not only be an interesting read, but will also spark some good discussions.  I can not wait!  :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by libralady on 03-10-2009 02:50 PM
"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Distinguished Correspondent
Shadowwolf36
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Sue, and this will hopefully be my 4th First Look Book.  This book does sound amazing and so far although I consider myself 1 for 3 I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the books I have read. Sag Harbor being my Favorite.
Contributor
missy_in_pa
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! My name is Missy. I'm 43, a stay-at-home mom of 4 kids. This book sounds so good! I can't wait to get started. Looking forward to good reading and great discussing!
Distinguished Correspondent
Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

Hello all, I'm Jennifer, and I am currently participating in the Sag Harbor discussion. Granted I fell a little behind, but I'm done with school for a few weeks so now I can devote my time to finishing the last few chapters.

I currently live in Warren, MI and I go to school at University of Phoenix Online. 

I'm also looking forward to this book. I read the "about" message and it sounds like a very interesting one also. I also look forward to the great insight from the rest of you that was part of the Sag Harbor discussions.

-Jennifer

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
AMoriarty

Hi! My name is Anne and I am from Massachusetts, not too far from Salem! This would be my second opportunity to participate in the First Look Book Club. This book looks especially interesting to me as I am a big fan of Historical fiction and love a book with some "local" ties. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this computer stuff, so I hope to have more posts logged on this time!
New User
BBrat1031
0 Kudos

Hi there I'm Barbaralee from North Central Florida. I'm a police dispatcher at Univ of Florida home to the fighting Gators (and current football champions). This is my First Look and am looking forward to it.
Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Karen and I'm 56 and live near Myrtle Beach. I'm an avid reader who usually reads mysteries, Political thrillers, suspense and really want to find some new authors and genres to read which is why I thought this book club would be great for me.

I first signed up for Sag Harbor and posted a couple times but I had to take a break to have some gall bladder surgery so today's my first day back. I hope to get over there to post some thoughts. I'm really looking forward to this next book since I will hopefully be completely healed and ready to really enjoy it.

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and Rachel,

I'm IBIS and I've enjoyed participating in these FIRST LOOK discussions. It's an amazing experience to share insights with the author and with other readers. 

I live in the Boston area, and am a violinist. I love music and I read out loud when the writing is particularly poetic and rhythmical. And I tap my feet to the beat of the words.

Sometimes, without realizing it, I read out loud on the subway. Fellow travelers look at me, see my violin tucked between my legs, and give me that familiar "Crazy musician" look of pity.

I love it. Can't wait to discuss Salem and witches in April.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

I'm April. I'm from Nebraska and this will be my fourth First Look. This book looks like it will be very interesting and stir up lots of discussion between everyone. I love the First Look Book Club. It's such a great experience reading a book in advance with everyone here and hearing their thoughts on it. It always makes me look at the book in a different way than if I would have read it by myself.
April