Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi

Re: HI

ReadingPatti wrote:

Debbie, I went in an deleted the private messages. I think this will solve the problem. I am seriously considering canceling my whole memebership in the book club. I am getting frustrated because I can't seem to get any answers as to what is going on with the First Look book. I sign in on Sat and still have not got a confirmation message.

What should I do?

I did what the message said and I got nothing.

You can e-mail me privately at my e-mail address(readerkuna1@yahoo.com)

ReadingPatti

Patti,

Maria_H sent you an answer a while back.  Books have not been sent yet.  You need to be sure you've registered correctly, then wait to receive your confirmation, which takes about a week.  You can stay updated on everything that is happening by going to the Announcements Thread.  Maria_H is really great about keeping us updated there.  

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Inspired Contributor
gringorn
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi All,

I have been lucky enough to participate in several prior First Looks, and though the selected book hasn't always been "my cup of tea" I have enjoyed reading them and listening to how others think about what we are reading. 

Here in Georgia, the weather is getting more and more beautiful and my lawn chair has already been set up so I can start reading and enjoying the spring at the same time.

I misspelled the title of the book and hope that didn't exclude me from this group.

I am from Massachusetts and had friends that went to Salem State, so back in college I did the "witch walk" several times while visiting.  This selection should be really great!!

Mary M

Contributor
Reading_Seductress
0 Kudos

Hey y'all I'm M from Utah friendliest state around (according to what I last heard we rock at #1). This is my first time here to the First Look club and can't wait to get started reading. I'm not a born talker so I hope I will be able to do my part on the discussions. Please be patient w/me I'm not the greatest speller and I'm still getting used to maneuvering on the site.
Contributor
MSReader
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am so excited to be a part of this book club (my first of hopefully many!)!  I am a SAHM to 3 beautiful children and reading is my time to get away from the daily routine.

My name is Mary and I live in the Pacific Northwest.

I look forward to reading this novel (I have a love of the Salem area and the history there) and sharing my thoughts!

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time~ Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)
Inspired Contributor
Tasses
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Cheryl Tasses and I love Barnes & Noble's First Look program even though I'm batting about 50/50 with the titles. I've read quite a few First Look titles, but absolutely adored The Monsters of Templeton. 

I have an MS in Reading, a BS in Education and write my book thoughts on two review websites: www.randomwonder.com & www.readingrumpus.com

See all my reviews at: Reading Rumpus and Many A Quaint & Curious Volume
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Happy to see many favorite names and many new members in these intro pages! This selection looks fascinating, and I know a few of us at least "traveled" to this area recently with Brunonia Barry and Lace Reader. I'm glad to be returning!

A couple have expressed concern about not getting a confirmation yet--have patience! It does take a week to get it.

Also, don't worry yet that it's too late to join. There will be a very clear announcement in the updates thread that the books are gone and registration is closed. Hasn't happened yet.

Frequent Contributor
nikki824
0 Kudos

I read Sag Harbor.  Loved it. Next selectiion seems interesting. Hey! everyone  This is my second first look read and I must say that it was great to read a book that wasn't  availabe to the general public. I am from NY and a few folks while on the train  would ask me what I was reading and how I got the book and so forth. I look forward to this months selection. It is different from Sag Harbor but I like different. It's good to mix things up a little.
Scribe
ReadingPatti

blkeyesuzi, I orginally sign in for the First Look back on the 14th and I was told to remove my information because it was public, so I deleted those messages. I then signed back in the other day and I still have not got a confirmation about this.

I never got a pm from Maria. At least in my messages area.

So I am waiting to hear from her again.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Patti, it usually takes about a week to get a response and it will be in the form of a private message. So when you log in be sure to check your messages.

Great to have you here! 

Frequent Contributor
artist4nature
0 Kudos

I just got my pm that my ARC of PBofDD will be in the mail!!!  I can't tell you how many times I have checked for this message.  I signed on 3/12 and got my confirmation today - For those of you who haven't received you message it took about 8 days.

This will be my second First Look - Sag Harbor being the first. I live in RI.  I am presently out of work waiting for hand surgery (work related - 20 years as a dental hygienist). I am married (35 years coming up in June)  I love to read, knit and my passion is drawing and watercolor painting - studing botanical art right now.  All the things that I can't do for a few weeks or months except read --- and plan to do a lot. 

Looking forward to this book - another of the same genre is The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.   Anxious to participate in this discussion.  a4n. 

Inspired Contributor
mapleann
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:

Hi all,

Happy to see many favorite names and many new members in these intro pages! This selection looks fascinating, and I know a few of us at least "traveled" to this area recently with Brunonia Barry and Lace Reader. I'm glad to be returning!

A couple have expressed concern about not getting a confirmation yet--have patience! It does take a week to get it.

Also, don't worry yet that it's too late to join. There will be a very clear announcement in the updates thread that the books are gone and registration is closed. Hasn't happened yet.

I did thoroughly enjoy the Lace Reader and was ecstatic with the prospect of revisiting the witchy town of Salem in The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. I just received my PM moments ago...it must the sign that I've been waiting for: April will be an exciting and fortuitous month.
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Beth and I live in Wisconsin. I love to read historical fiction and am looking forward to reading and discussing The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. This book sounds intriguing with its history and mystery. I can't wait to get started. 
Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Thanks Rachel and Maria_H for your attention in this book club. I just got my confirmation and I'm looking forward to participate of the discussions and delighted to the marvellous story will come.
Inspired Contributor
lg4154
0 Kudos

I just got my confirmation & I am so excited! This will be my second first look to participate in. I am a 911 Operator for the City of Houston and I work the night shift. Thanks for letting me have this opportunity!

Laura:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I reside in South Carolina. This will be my second first look discussion. I am looking forward to reading this selection as it sounds very interesting. I also look forward to discussing this book with all of you!
Contributor
Sisters3
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome andso Introductions

Hi! I am SO excited to read this book. Love books with mysteries waiting to be figured out! This book sounds fabulous and I look forward to the discussion!
Contributor
Sisters3
0 Kudos

Hi! I am SO excited to read this book. Love books with mysteries waiting to be figured out! This book sounds fabulous and I look forward to the discussion!
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

This is my 2nd First Look.  My first was Sag Harbor.  I liked it.  Any book that impacts/changes the way I think about or see the world is a good book.  I didn't post much my first time around tho I kept up with all the other postings.  It was a bit overwhelming and I didn't jump in often but I feel a little more confident now and am looking forward to being more actively involved. 

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis, work parttime, am married, have 3 adult children living nearby, love to read [soooo many books so little time - worn out perhaps but true!], and knit, and workout, and jog [I love running 5Ks; don't care about winning, just finishing!], and bead, and scrapbook with my middle daughter, and participate in 2 book clubs locally, and will be 60 in June. =)

I applied for this First Look on 3/11, was accepted on 3/18, and am (as always, not so patiently) waiting for the big brown truck to arrive with my ARC of The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.

ponie
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome Ponie..Glad to hear that you are feeling more confident and will post more often(if you wish to)..your input is just as important as everyone elses..My First Look was A fortunate Look,it took me quite awhile to get a handle on the book,and was wondering what to post,how will I contribute..well I felt so much better when I did get feedback Then on to Sag Harbor,a wonderful writer and storyteller,he really let our imagination take over at times..Hope to see you onboard.The next selection,TPBODD,surely will be a page turner..Enjoy your Night,Vermontcozy
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
adopted1
0 Kudos

Helooooo Everyone!!! My name is Karen and I am from Missouri.

I am so excited to be a part of this read. Being born and raised in Boston I have had the pleasure to visit and the opportunity to hear many stories of Salem. Not only do I feel a special connection because of geography but, also because I love the time period!! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas. Stay Blessed!

Karen.
adopted1