Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

Re: About The Poacher's Son and Paul Doiron

As always, thanks for the info, Paul. I keep hoping that someday you'll answer "I have a digital copy to send out!" and am eagerly awating that day :smileyhappy:  Until then, I shall be happy to receive a physical copy. I look forward to reading and discussing this book!

Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I got my confirmation!  Mystery has always been my favorite genre so especially excited to read this.

Thanks again!

Linda

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Got confirmation..Cant wait to read it , the story seems awesome , one of those books that keep you up all night ^^

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Frequent Contributor
spicy_t
0 Kudos

This book sounds fabulous!  I hope I get an ARC, but if not I will sure try to remember to get it when it comes out!  I love mystery and REALLY love it when it involves a family member (inner family turmoil!)...

Tammy
Contributor
Phoenix913
0 Kudos

This book looks like it is right up my alley! I can't wait to start reading and participating in the discussions!

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Received my confirmation yesterday  It is snowing here in Bucks County, PA.  It is suppose to last until tomorrow night. We may get as much as 20". How I wish I all ready had my copy of  Poacher's Son to read.  I'll have to settle for something else, as I'll be house bound for a few days.

Carol

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Mysteries - my favorite genre.  I can hardly wait.

MG

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

I can't wait to read this book.  Paul, thank you for picking another great book for First Look!

Anna Louise

PS:  Wishing the ARC was already here with 30 inches of snow and not going anyway for two more days due to roads...dug out but roads and everything closed!

Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

This book sounds soooo good and right up my alley of favorite types of books. I can't wait and Paul I'm so so happy to have a mystery First Look.

Contributor
CMATurner
0 Kudos

This book sounds like it is going to be a page turner! I cannot wait!

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Hi all, its Cathy from Massachusetts. I love a good mystery. I got my confirmation and I look forward to this book. Should be a lot of fun.

Reader 2
nookerIA
0 Kudos

I was wondering the same thing.  I received a Nook for Christmas and I LOVE IT!  It would be fantastic to  get first looks via Nook.

Contributor
ElizabethPA

The description of the book sounds like it has great potential to be a new and exciting series. I am always glad to find a series of mysteries. Having made my way through the "Alex Delaware", "Thomas Lynley", "Inspector Wexford" and many other series I am excited to read a new author!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Sounds like a terrific book!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BOOKWORM1414 wrote:

Received my confirmation yesterday  It is snowing here in Bucks County, PA.  It is suppose to last until tomorrow night. We may get as much as 20". How I wish I all ready had my copy of  Poacher's Son to read.  I'll have to settle for something else, as I'll be house bound for a few days.

Carol

What part of Bucks County? I live in Perkasie!

Received my confirmation last week - been busy shoveling!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
Lisa1971

Thanks Paul for another great opportunity to read a book that looks to be a wonderful read!

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Carol & EadieBurke:

I'm glad that you're both sholved out...me too after 20 inches on top of 30 inches from the weekend.  Agreeing with you that I wish I had new ARC to read! :smileyhappy:

Anna Louise

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Anna_Louise wrote:

Carol & EadieBurke:

I'm glad that you're both sholved out...me too after 20 inches on top of 30 inches from the weekend.  Agreeing with you that I wish I had new ARC to read! :smileyhappy:

Anna Louise

Time to hit the "To Be Read" pile while we are waiting for our ARC to arrive!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

I live in the Trevose area of Bucks Co, PA.  I have been SNOWED IN SINCE LAST FRIDAY! OVER 24". How I wish the book had arrived earlier.  We are not receiving mail delivery as yet.

Contributor
Phoenix913
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just got my confirmation message today! I was starting to get worried! I am very excited about my first experience as a "First Look" participant and I do love this type of story.