Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

Re: Casting Call! Poacher's Son, The Movie?

I like most of the casting suggestions, but like several others, I keep thinking Mike is older than he is.  I like Shia LaBeouf as Mike, also like Eddie Redmayne--he played Angel in the Masterpiece Classic version of Tess of the d'Urbervilles, was also in The Good Shepherd.  I agree Dakota Fanning would be good as Brenda--or is she perhaps a bit too young?

Frequent Contributor
momoftwinsMM
0 Kudos

Mike - Channing Tatum

Sarah - Scarlett Johansson 

Kathy - Sandra Bullock

Jack - Billy Bob Thornton

Brenda - Kristen Steward

Charlie-Michael Douglas

Ora - Meryl Streep

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Instead of limiting this to a 2 hour movie, I think I would love to see this as a weekly TV series.  I see this in the same vein as Justified

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Bonnie_C wrote:

Instead of limiting this to a 2 hour movie, I think I would love to see this as a weekly TV series.  I see this in the same vein as Justified

I will be watching"Justified" for the first time this week,and put "Southland"on hold for a week.TiggerBear loves both shows,but will take her suggestion and give it an Hr.I cant stay up till 12 to watch the next one..Good thinking "A Series"...TV is the way to go,one has more Freedom,and Location is everything as well.."Maine" perfect..I hope Paul D considers your suggestion..www.pauldoiron.com      Vtc  Susan 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
LKD_726
0 Kudos

I agree with Bonnie C...I could definitely see this as a TV series. 

For a movie I can see Sandra Bullock as Kathy. For some reason I have Joaquin Phoenix in my head as Mike and Sam Elliott for Charlie. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Great idea. A series, each season a year in Mikes life. Perfect.

pen21

Bonnie_C wrote:

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I kept seeing Jack as the guy who is in the commercial for Happy Town on ABC dressed in a police uniform, i think he was also in Lost as one of the others,  Don't know his name but that is how I pictured Jack the whole time I was reading.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

For Charlie I think Tom Selleck would be great, cool calm demeanor like in the Jesse Stone movies he did.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

lilk wrote:

For Charlie I think Tom Selleck would be great, cool calm demeanor like in the Jesse Stone movies he did.

Don't know why I never thought of him, but you're right - I can definitely see him in this part.

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Tom is perfect!!! I really like Jesse Stone episodes too.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I vote yes on Selleck for Charlie

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Tom Selleck playing Charley.

New User
aschoen
0 Kudos

Simon Baker for Mike...He is a bit older but still has that lovable boyish look.  Jack Nicholson for Jack - a bit deranged but alluring just the same.  I picture Summer Glau as Brenda.  Beautiful, sexy and cold at the same time, lithe and provocative.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

aschoen wrote:

Simon Baker for Mike...He is a bit older but still has that lovable boyish look.  Jack Nicholson for Jack - a bit deranged but alluring just the same.  I picture Summer Glau as Brenda.  Beautiful, sexy and cold at the same time, lithe and provocative.

I second Simon Baker for Mike, even though he usually plays the suave lawyer type I can see him as a game warden.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Another possible for Charlie would be Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal).  For Jack could possibly be Ray Liota (Hannibal and others), he always plays the crazy.  Another possible for Jack could be Dennis Hopper, he played the bad guy in Speed.  I like Sandra Bullock (also in Speed, and others) for Kathy, someone mentioned that earlier in the posts, she'd be great.  How about Gwyneth Paltrow or Nicole Kidman or even Evangeline Lilly (Lost) for Sarah.  Ora, maybe Helen Mirren, she's great.

I hope this does become a movie, I'd definitely go to see it.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
petitefleur
0 Kudos

Mike:  Collin Farrell

Jack:  Stephen Lang

Charley:  Jeff Bridges

Brenda:  Mila Kunis

Truman:  Gary Oldman

Pellitier:  Michael Emerson

Stoctomah:  Adam Beach

Sarah:  Tricia Helfer

Kathy:  Frances McDormand