Community Room

Feel free to chat away in here!

What are you reading right now?

Any recommendations for the group?

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Right now I am reading                        It is awesome, I highly recommend it.

When Crickets Cry 

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Just finished Long Lost by Harlen Coben - a good murder mystery.

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG

I recommend Stieg Larsson's trilogy series. I finished #1 "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and just started  #2" The Girl Who Played with Fire". Great reads with mystery, suspense and something for everyone. His last book "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" will be released this spring. Has anyone else read his books?

CAG
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

CAG wrote:

I recommend Stieg Larsson's trilogy series. I finished #1 "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and just started  #2" The Girl Who Played with Fire". Great reads with mystery, suspense and something for everyone. His last book "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" will be released this spring. Has anyone else read his books?

I loved those two books and am eagerly anticipating the third one. I've been reading Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series--they're set in Britain between the World Wars and are generally quite good. I also really enjoy Margaret Frazer's Joliffe and Dame Frevisse series--set in England during the fifthteenth century. I'm always looking for more mystery novels though. My favorite mystery authors are Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers.

Contributor
CatC
0 Kudos

If you like Coben, try Linwood Barclay.  i just finished No Time for Goodbye and enjoyed it very much

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

I am also looking forward to the third one. I haven't read Jacqueline Winspear's Maise Dobbs series-I'll have to pick up a copy. It looks like there are several good suggestions. Thanks everyone!

CAG
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Totally agree with you about Stieg Larsson's trilogy.  A friend of mine in England already read the third one "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"... it's already been published in the UK. I was seriously thinking of flying out there to buy it... however, she's promised to mail me her copy...

Miracles do happen!

His heroine, Lisbeth Sanger, is unlike anyone I've ever met between the pages of all the books I've ever read.

I'm currently merrily doing my happy reading through the 20-karat American private-eye series "Spenser" by the late Robert Parker.

CAG wrote:

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment IBIS. I agree with you about Lisbeth Sanger. She is a character that has stayed with me. I have tried to explain to others how vivid her character is but I find it diificult to describe. You said it perfectly-she is "unlike anyone I've ever met between the pages of all the books I've ever read."

CAG
Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

Well I just finished:

Eternal on the Water  

And then started this, which I cannot put down:

Shutter Island 

I need to start the YA FL up soon since that kicks off on Monday:

Before I Fall 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I'm reading

The Lost Symbol  and

Murder in Mesopotamia (Hercule Poirot Series)  and

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

Cover ImageMutant Message from Forever by Marlo Morgan: Book Cover

I read Mutant Message Down Under a few months ago, and I've just finished Marlo Morgan's 2nd Mutant Message from Forever.   Fascinating reading

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Inspired Contributor
socalreader
0 Kudos

I just finished 'The Devil's Punchbowl' by Greg Iles.

I really enjoy Harlen Coben and will look for Linwood Barclay.  Thanks for the recommendation, CatC.

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~
Inspired Contributor
JuneC
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed both

Let the Great World Spin 

and

The Art of Racing in the Rain  

Inspired Contributor
JuneC
0 Kudos

The Lost Symbol is on my list.  Can't wait.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I've been wanting to reread Mutant Message Down Under for a while now.  I just finished Mother Daze which was a fun read, I'm at the end of Eternal on the Water and listening to Voyage of the Dawn Treader on audio.  Before that I read Alice I Have Been, Egg-Larva-Pupa-Woman, Veracity, and Knit, Purl Die.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I loved "The Art of Racing in the Rain." Wonderful book.  :smileyhappy:

JuneC wrote:

I really enjoyed both

Let the Great World Spin 

and

The Art of Racing in the Rain  

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am currently reading:

"A Lion Among Men" by Gregory Maguire

"Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.  I highly recommend it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I am currently reading

Inked  

It is one of the selections on the Paranormal board.

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Series #7)

I really like the Outlander series.

So I picked this one to read on the nook,

much easier to take places than the large book.

pen21