Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I could use a little help.  I can't figure out how to post outside of the quotation marks when I respond to someone's post.  My computer won't let me click outside of the quote.  Any suggestions?  Prior to the change in layout I had no trouble.

Kathy

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

i have the same problem. they are working on a fix.

kpatton wrote:

I could use a little help.  I can't figure out how to post outside of the quotation marks when I respond to someone's post.  My computer won't let me click outside of the quote.  Any suggestions?  Prior to the change in layout I had no trouble.

K

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

kpatton wrote:

I could use a little help.  I can't figure out how to post outside of the quotation marks when I respond to someone's post.  My computer won't let me click outside of the quote.  Any suggestions?  Prior to the change in layout I had no troub

Same here,but Please don't stop posting,I just post where it lets me,it is frustrating...,but as twj pointed out..They are working on a fix...At first I tried to line everything up perfectly....Susan Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

thewanderingjew wrote:

kpatton wrote:

I could use a little help.  I can't figure out how to post outside of the quotation marks when I respond to someone's post.  My computer won't let me click outside of the quote.  Any suggestions?  Prior to the change in layout I had no troub

Same here,but Please don't stop posting,I just post where it lets me,it is frustrating...,but as twj pointed out..They are working on a fix...At first I tried to line everything up perfectly....Susan Vtc

Same here but so far I'm liking this layout better than the last one.  It's not so washed out.

Frequent Contributor
librarysusie
0 Kudos

If you read the Reliable Wife by, Robert Goolrick  you must read his non-fiction The End of the World as we Know It:smileyfrustrated:cenes

The End of the World as We Know It  from a life the character of Ralph is very autobiographical.

My favorite read this year has been Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by, Beth Hoffman if you read and enjoyed The Help CeeCee is a must read!

Also the FL Book The Poacher's Son is a Mystery/Thriller Must Read!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

In order to quote and type up here. I have to wait after selecting Reply. It seems to have several refreshes going on. So after waiting, I click at the top of the reply box. Then I hit Enter several times. Pause. Then I select Quote. Then I go to the top of the reply box, put my cursor at the top most line and start my typing.

I had trouble typing at the bottom too. After you first see that reply box, wait, several refreshes. Select Quote. Pause. Then scroll to the bottom most line and put your cursor there. Only the bottom most line seems to be available.

Seems like a lot to go through to quote. But there is a lot of refreshing that seems to wipe out what I was typing.

Good Luck, pen21

EbonyAngel wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

thewanderingjew wrote:

kpatton wrote:

Same here but so far I'm liking this layout better than the last one.  It's not so washed out.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Lil_Irish_Lass wrote:

I don't like this new layout!!!! It took me over 6 clicks to finally find the First Look threads; why aren't these featured on the "homepage" of the Book Clubs?

It does seem a lot more complicated now.  I guess if we wait they will just change it again though!

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #1) (True Blood)  I just finished this and watched the first season of TrueBlood on DVD.  I enjoyed it and was glad to see that they stuck with the story better than they do on The Vampire Diaries.

I also just read

Tempt Me If You Can 

which is also set in Maine.  It was a romance with a mystery about a missing woman, an explosion and a set of GPS cooridinates.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

jb70 wrote:

Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #1) (True Blood)  I just finished this and watched the first season of TrueBlood on DVD.  I enjoyed it and was glad to see that they stuck with the story better than they do on The Vampire Diaries.

I also just read

Tempt Me If You Can 

which is also set in Maine.  It was a romance with a mystery about a missing woman, an explosion and a set of GPS cooridinates.

jb70 wrote:

I also just read

Tempt Me If You Can 

Thank you..I have read #1 Dead until Dark.,and really liked it,but life interferes and then I move on.My daughter Love's all of them.them...Will borrow a few..I am very interested the Janet Chapman Book though...Set in Maine..Thanks..Susan

pen21
0 Kudos

I have really gotten into the Sookie Stackhouse series.

My next one will be #7. There are fun, easy read. pen21

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #7)

Vermontcozy wrote:
jb70 wrote:

I also just read

Tempt Me If You Can 

Thank you..I have read #1 Dead until Dark.,and really liked it,but life interferes and then I move on.My daughter Love's all of them.them...Will borrow a few..I am very interested the Janet Chapman Book though...Set in Maine..Thanks..Susan

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Anna_Louise wrote:

Hi Zeal! :smileywink:

I love Jodi Picoult and am reading her latest book.  I've had the opportunity to meet her every year for the last four years and she is a wonderful, gracious author!

Anna Louise

Anna Louise,

I LOVE House Rules, Jodi's latest!  I am almost finished with it.  It makes me really think about the students I have that have been diagnosed with Autism and Aspergers.

It is good to be back on the boards with you and everyone!

Aimee

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Becktrek wrote:

I am currently reading : New York by Edward Rutherfurd.

New York

I am having a surprisingly hard time getting into/going with this book.  Has anyone else read it or had a similiar experience?  It is the March selection for a book club I am in.  Just curious what others have found.

Becky in IN

I listened to this book on CD from the library.  It is like a lot of little stories that all tie together.  I like Rutherfurd's massive stories, but I can see how you would get sidetracked.  He is trying to show how New York grew and developed and if you are looking for a story about characters, you only get snap shots.  Try to step back and read the story as an overview.  Maybe that will help.

MG

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I definitely want to read "The End of the World As We Know". I really enjoyed "The Reliable Wife" even though it was very dark, it was a good read. Robert seems to have had a very abusive childhood. That is the reason for all the darkness. But, he is a very good writer! Thanks for sharing!

librarysusie wrote:

If you read the Reliable Wife by, Robert Goolrick  you must read his non-fiction The End of the World as we Know It:smileyfrustrated:cenes

The End of the World as We Know It  from a life the character of Ralph is very autobiographical.

My favorite read this year has been Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by, Beth Hoffman if you read and enjoyed The Help CeeCee is a must read!

Also the FL Book The Poacher's Son is a Mystery/Thriller Must Read!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My favorite books about early New York (1882) are by Jack Finney.

Time and Again 

and

From Time to Time 

They are about time traveling also. Did anyone ever read these? Very interesting reading!

fordmg wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

New York

I am having a surprisingly hard time getting into/going with this book.  Has anyone else read it or had a similiar experience?  It is the March selection for a book club I am in.  Just curious what others have found.

Becky in IN

I listened to this book on CD from the library.  It is like a lot of little stories that all tie together.  I like Rutherfurd's massive stories, but I can see how you would get sidetracked.  He is trying to show how New York grew and developed and if you are looking for a story about characters, you only get snap shots.  Try to step back and read the story as an overview.  Maybe that will help.

MG

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
julyso
0 Kudos

nadine1 wrote:

Two weeks ago, I picked up The Monsters of Templeton, the very first First Look Book Club selection, at a local rummage sale.  However, I will have to put this book aside because my copy of The Poacher's Son arrived on my doorstep yesterday. 

The Monsters of Templeton 

I really enjoyed reading The Monsters of Templeton. It was really different for me, but it is one of my favorite First Look books. Hope you enjoy! :smileywink:

Julie
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Time and Again 

and

From Time to Time 

They are about time traveling also. Did anyone ever read these? Very interesting reading!

fordmg wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

New York

Becky in IN

MG

It is unfortunate that the Rutherford Book,is  broken up as Edie pointed out,into smaller stories if I read her post correctly,because the History of NY and the many stories connected with the city are so descriptive.It would be like me reading about your city,state Indiana,not knowing much about it and trying to piece it all together...The Jack Finny books look very interesting(I was raised in NY)..You probaby won't be the only one in your group that has the same feeling about the book..Hang in there,sometimes it takes a few more chapters into the book ,that brings it all together..Best..Vtc Susan

pen21
0 Kudos

I really like the Jack Finney books. I just reread them this year.

Let us how the other book 'New York' is, if you get into the book more.

Some books take time, but others just don't grab you.

pen21

Vermontcozy wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Time and Again 

and

From Time to Time 

fordmg wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

New York

Becky in IN

MG

It is unfortunate that the Rutherford Book,is  broken up as Edie pointed out,into smaller stories if I read her post correctly,because the History of NY and the many stories connected with the city are so descriptive.It would be like me reading about your city,state Indiana,not knowing much about it and trying to piece it all together...The Jack Finny books look very interesting(I was raised in NY)..You probaby won't be the only one in your group that has the same feeling about the book..Hang in there,sometimes it takes a few more chapters into the book ,that brings it all together..Best..Vtc Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Pen21..i just noticed your Jack Finney post..I Love everything about NY..Its just fascinates me,always..Just put the Finney on my wish list..Bn...Susan...

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

fordmg wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

New York

Becky in IN

MG

THanks so much for that suggestion.  I will try to look at it from that perspective!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

any word on when the next FL will be announced? Just anxious.....don't want to miss it!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom