New User
hmorales
0 Kudos

Re: Stieg Larsson

I just finished reading both of his books too...and I cannot wait for the new one to come out! Not only are they great books, but with the "Queen's English" and the Swedish references, it kept me on my toes looking things up!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Becktrek wrote:

Silly question for you experienced posters:

How do i add a "picture" to my profile so it will post with my user info when I submit a comment?  I looked and looked and couldn't find where it is... 

Thanks!!!!!

Click on MY B&N at the top of the page. You can choose an avatar there.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Re: Stieg Larsson

So what are people reading now besides The Poacher's Son?

I just read

Shadow Blade 

and I am currently reading

Jordan 

I'm also hosting a giveaway on my blog if anyone is interested for

Just Let Me Lie Down 

Here is the link to enter: http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/2010/02/giveaway-let-me-lie-down-by-kristin-van.html

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Contributor
VeraC
0 Kudos

Re: Steig Larsson

I think the "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is one of - if not the one - best books I've ever read.  His last book in the series, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornest's Nest," is out in Europe. My husband and I vacationed in Ireland last November and I couldn't resist picking it up.  It was absolutely fabulous and totally tied up all the lose ends!  It will be released in the States in May.

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

Re: Steig Larsson

I read the first when it came out but haven't read the others. I plan to do that this spring (if it ever comes).

VeraC wrote:

I think the "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is one of - if not the one - best books I've ever read.  His last book in the series, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornest's Nest," is out in Europe. My husband and I vacationed in Ireland last November and I couldn't resist picking it up.  It was absolutely fabulous and totally tied up all the lose ends!  It will be released in the States in May.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

For those of you who were a part of FL when we read The Postmistress by Sarah Blake you may want to know that it is  at #8 on the New York Times bestseller list again this week, as well as #5 on the IndieBound list (taken from the bookmarks magazine website).  I very much enjoyed The Postmistress and would recommend it to those of you who haven't read it.

Wow!  First time I've every tried adding a book image and it worked.

I'm currently listening to Vanished by Joseph Finder.  Good mystery.

Kathy

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

THANKS for the help on choosing my Avatar!  I really appreciate it.

Becky in IN

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

This little article from 1944 might interest some readers. Also, if you have an interest in the historical maps of the area in which the book takes place, visit this link too.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

This little article from 1944 might interest some readers. Also, if you have an interest in the historical maps of the area in which the book takes place, visit this link too.

vtcozy wrote.Thanks for posting this.It amazes me that so many "Events" took place that most people,outside of the small communities and the government had no idea these camps existed.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I think that today, with 24/7 news coverage, very little would be secret for long.

Vermontcozy wrote:

thewanderingjew wrote:

vtcozy wrote.Thanks for posting this.It amazes me that so many "Events" took place that most people,outside of the small communities and the government had no idea these camps existed.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

I think that today, with 24/7 news coverage, very little would be secret for long.

Vermontcozy wrote:

thewanderingjew wrote:

Vtcozy wrote:

The map is an important part of TPS..,Now I know where Paul is referring to..I have traveled to Maine many times,but was not familiar with those areas...Even in Vt,the history unfolds for me,when I come across an article that during the 1940's into the early 1950's,the government had some secrets that were only some were privy to some..

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just finished

A Reliable Wife 

Did anyone read this book yet? I wanted to know what you thought? It definitely has got mixed reviews. It's a love it or hate it type of book!

I am hunting and pecking today since I tripped over the dog and chipped my shoulder bone! Very painful!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

I just finished

A Reliable Wife 

Did anyone read this book yet? I wanted to know what you thought? It definitely has got mixed reviews. It's a love it or hate it type of book!

I am hunting and pecking today since I tripped over the dog and chipped my shoulder bone! Very painful!

Eadie Burke
Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Thanks for the suggestion Eadie!  I am ALWAYS on the lookout for good suggestions and this looks really interesting!
Becky in IN
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks for the recommendation, Susan - I love the cover! I'll have to check that one out.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dial H for Hitchcock (Cece Caruso Series #5) 

Over the weekend I read Anne Stuart's SILVER FALLS and started Susan Kandel's DIAL H FOR HITCHCOCK, It's really good but I set it aside for the moment because I'm reading THE POACHER'S SON now.

Silver Falls

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Becktrek wrote:

I just finished

A Reliable Wife 

Eadie Burke
Thanks for the suggestion Eadie!  I am ALWAYS on the lookout for good suggestions and this looks really interesting!
Becky
They are making it into a movie! Definitely a story that doesn't leave your mind too quickly!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

VtCozy wrote..Please take care of yourself..Otherwise we will have to send someone over to read to you..Enjoy all the books....Susan..
eadieburke wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

I just finished

A Reliable Wife 

Eadie Burke
Becky
They are making it into a movie! Definitely a story that doesn't leave your mind too quickly!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

It is hard to read a book one-handed - you have to juggle the book in order to turn the page!

Vermontcozy wrote:
VtCozy wrote..Please take care of yourself..Otherwise we will have to send someone over to read to you..Enjoy all the books....Susan..
eadieburke wrote:

Becktrek wrote:

I just finished

A Reliable Wife 

Eadie Burke
Becky

Contributor
nickntom
0 Kudos

I just finished  

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) , and really enjoyed it!  

I am anxiously awaiting Martha Grimes' next book,  

The Black Cat , and hoping to see her book tour this April.

New User
meeditoria
0 Kudos

I read the first two and am eagerly awaiting Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I love the quirky, twisted personality of Lisbeth, and her sense of what justice is. I'm finding that I know much less about Scandinavia than I thought and even imagined!

I also enjoy having to work a bit to piece things together.