Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

How To Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll (ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED)

[ Edited ]

ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED

The Poacher's Son -- Paul Doiron's masterfully suspenseful debut about dangerous family ties is the perfect fit for our Mystery First Look Book Club.

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on March 1st.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper right of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

Poacher-Son

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

Be sure to go to the "Welcome and Introduction" thread and say Hello!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: How To Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll in the Discussion

This is very exciting, Paul!

B&N Bookseller
gotaway
0 Kudos

I have enrolled for the latest read and hope to be included in the select few to preview the poacher's son.
New User
pineds
0 Kudos

Hello! :smileyvery-happy:
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm all registered!

I'd like to stress something Paul mentioned - PLEASE don't post your name, address and phone number in public places like these boards.

Even though I'm sure only the loveliest people follow the book clubs and blogs at B&N, it's still better to keep that information private. Thanks!

Contributor
0 Kudos

I RECEIVED MY CONFIRMATION!

I AM SUPER EXCITED!!!

Thank You!

Frequent Contributor
looptyloo
0 Kudos

I just tried to register. Here's hoping I did it right.

New User
kengland
0 Kudos

Can I do this using my nook? Participate by reading a digital preview? or does it have to be hardcopy. Just wondering -Karen

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

kengland wrote:

Can I do this using my nook? Participate by reading a digital preview? or does it have to be hardcopy. Just wondering -Karen

Just hardcopy at this point, Karen. Look for digital participation down the road a bit. Thanks.
Contributor
AnnahE
0 Kudos

Help!  Where do I find the small envelope that I am supposed to click on?  I have checked the page several times and I can't find it.

New User
bookqueen92
0 Kudos

I'd like to enroll in the discussion of The Poacher's Son and receive the ARC.  Thank you.

Reader
Sennettie
0 Kudos

This is very exciting! I can't wait.

New User
Renee11
0 Kudos

I cannot find it either!!!!

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Look toward the upper right of this page, just below gift cards. You should see a box with your name, logout, my profile and help.   the envelope is just below the help

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Look at the "More" button on the ribbon - just underneath you will see "Help" then a little enveope with a number.  Click on the number to open your Private Message box.  Then fill out the new message as Paul directed.
AnnahE wrote:

Help!  Where do I find the small envelope that I am supposed to click on?  I have checked the page several times and I can't find it.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
jwave
0 Kudos

I registered!  I hope I get to participate.  I love mysteries.  I would be very excited if something like this became available for nook.  I love my nook. (though it will never replace a the feel and smell of a real book).

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

I sent in my request and am waiting to get my confirmation. I just finished with Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger. What a great read! I am sure this will be another great book. I am hoping I get accepted for this First Look as well.

Rose

Contributor
historygirl2008AS
0 Kudos

this looks like a very interesting book cant wait to read it!

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I received my confirmed notice this morning.  I am excited to be taking part in another first look!

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Alohamora
0 Kudos

Hi!

I just registered, and hope my enrollment in The Poacher's Son is accepted.

I'm looking forward to trying this out - posting is a new thing for me.