becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone - it's great to meet you!

I'm the moderator at Mystery and Garden here. There's a lot going on at Mystery this month -- while you're waiting for your First Look book, stop by and see what's happening there!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Welcome Becke..As our Moderator..Good Luck V..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Becke, some place else I can terrorize you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Who is terrorizing who? Heh heh heh . . .

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

HI everyone!!   I am Lisa and I have now lost count of how many First Look's I have been a part of- But I love it!  I am in (un-usually snowy) NC.   tomorrow will be day 3 of no school! YIKES!   Looking forward to a mystery as a first look! 

TTFN

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Melody and I LOVE Mysteries! 

I received my confirmation today and couldn't be more excited!

The Poacher's Son sounds like it has a great story line and cannot wait to get my copy!

I think I am really going to love this Mystery First Look!

I currently live in Sunny South Florida - although, it is raining today!  :-)

I, too, have read and enjoy John D. MacDonald.  I enjoy true crime, medical thrillers, suspense, etc.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, I'm Phyllis and I love a good mystery.  Actually I just love to read, Historical Fiction, Mysteries, and when I first joined the Barnes and Noble Book Clubs, I got into Paranormal/Urban Fantasy.  The Poacher's Son sounds like a very good book.  I am located in Southern CA.

Phyllis
Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

HI,  my name is Nancy and I, like a few others, am from Western Massachusetts, where I live with my fiance and my lovable beagle...

This will be my 6th First Look (I think).  Can't wait to get started.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I just received my confirmation, and I look forward to reading and discussing "The Poacher's Son" with all of you! I'm a student and aspiring author myself, and I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on! Welcome to all of the new First lookers and all of the veterans :smileyhappy:

Rabid_Reader

New User
baj_flmd
0 Kudos

Just stumbled upon First Look and it sounds like a great concept. I'm originally from Philadelphia but I'm in the process of retiring from my day job and moving south. As an avid mystery fan, I'm looking forward to reading The Poacher's Son and participating in this group!

Contributor
Mainelady
0 Kudos

I posted one before, but I don't think it took!  I'm Tina,(aka Mainelady) retired librarian living in Maine just down the road from Down East magazine so I'm really excited about this book, and sure hope I get chosen to participate.  I love to read, and review books that I do read.  I have my own book blog at Tutu's Two Cents where I chat about books ---particularly mysteries that I've read.  In January I managed to read 23 books, 9 of them mysteries.  This group looks like it will be lots of fun

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Mainelady wrote:

I posted one before, but I don't think it took!  I'm Tina,(aka Mainelady) retired librarian living in Maine just down the road from Down East magazine so I'm really excited about this book, and sure hope I get chosen to participate.  I love to read, and review books that I do read.  I have my own book blog at Tutu's Two Cents where I chat about books ---particularly mysteries that I've read.  In January I managed to read 23 books, 9 of them mysteries.  This group looks like it will be lots of fun

Welcome!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lots of familiar names and "faces" here, and a few who are new to me, too. This is going to be so much fun!

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!  I'm still waiting for my confirmation, but I thought I'd say hello and welcome everyone aboard so far.  I have to say that I have enjoyed these First Looks immensly and this one sounds fabulous. I think I've lost track of how many I've participated in so far, but suffice it to say that it's been a pleasure!!!  

I've been a mystery fan since I was a kid when I'd devour my Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy mysteries.  They were hand-me-downs from my mother, who loved them every bit as much as I. 

Its gso reat to have access here to so many of you who enjoy books and reading as much as I do.  I look forward to discussing with you again!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Reader
LiNGxD
0 Kudos

I'm Ling and I've always been interested in mystery although I haven't read many. I think this is going to be an amazing book to read! I can't wait!

LiNG =]
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Has everyone registered and posted their address information?

Contributor
Susan57
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Susan and I'm looking forward to being part of the First Look Mystery Book Club.  I love mysteries and can't wait to get the Poacher's Son and begin reading!  Hope to see you all on line!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

LiNGxD wrote:

I'm Ling and I've always been interested in mystery although I haven't read many. I think this is going to be an amazing book to read! I can't wait!

Welcome LiNGxD...Enjoy..Any questions you may have,we are all here to help..Best  Vtc,Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
Kimmes
0 Kudos

Hi everyone - pretty new to this sort of thing!  I like reading just about anything - but love mysteries!  I see others have received their confirmation, I have not gotten mine yet...should I be concerned?

I hope I am selected for this!  It's cold here in Minnesota and reading always keeps me busy and warm while I wait for the snow to melt!

Kim

Correspondent
T-Mo
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, 

I'm Tara, living in Eastern NC- love the beach, ready for the weather to warm up! I love mysteries and can't wait to start reading and discussing this one. This is my third First Look, and I absolutely love this opportunity to read and explore new authors and reading genres. Can't wait to get my copy of The Poacher's Son!