Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Lisa! Welcome to the FL group. I'm glad you found us.  :smileywink:

BnN_Fan_in_MN wrote:

Hi!  I'm Lisa, a SAHM of 3 and I live in a suburb of the Twin Cities.  I enjoy mysteries immensely and I'm hoping I get to be involved with this First Look selection.  This is my first involvement with a book club so I'm excited to be a part of this group. I heard about this on my Facebook page.

Thank you, Paul, for hosting!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group from one Donna to another. :smileyhappy:  I'm glad you found us.

DfiggZ wrote:

Helloooooo! My name is Donna and I am an avid reader and I love pretty much all genres. I love to be the first reader simply to get the word out.I usually post my review on multiple outlets. I recently just found out about this the B&N on Facebook and I am happy to be here! I live in Queens NY and I am a mother of two small children, work full time and I am a graduate student of Library Science.

I love to read and I am hoping to make new friends!!!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Kathy. Welcome to FL! You are definitely among kindred spirits here. :smileyhappy:

EmmasGrandma wrote:

Hi,

My name is Kathy.  I love reading books - any books.  This is my first B&N book club and am really looking forward to the experience. 

I've recently moved to Albuquerque, NM from a small town in SD.  Being somewhat overwhelmed by the number of people I am surrounded by since my move, I find that I escape quite frequently to my library.  

I can't wait to get started on "The Poachers Son".  It looks like a great read! 

Reader 2
Chicaleena
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Sandy & this is my first book club of any kind.  Am quite excited about it.

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Chicaleena wrote:

Hi,

My name is Sandy & this is my first book club of any kind.  Am quite excited about it.

Hi Sandy!

Good to have you and all the new faces!  I still get excited about it, (as liisa anxiously awaits the little yellow envelope with that special word- confirmed).  

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

Welcome to the FL group from one Donna to another. :smileyhappy:  I'm glad you found us.

DfiggZ wrote:

Helloooooo! My name is Donna and I am an avid reader and I love pretty much all genres. I love to be the first reader simply to get the word out.I usually post my review on multiple outlets. I recently just found out about this the B&N on Facebook and I am happy to be here! I live in Queens NY and I am a mother of two small children, work full time and I am a graduate student of Library Science.

I love to read and I am hoping to make new friends!!!

VTcozy wrote:Welcome.DfiggZ.,.I live in VT,but was raised in NYC and Bklyn,Ny.You have found us,and we are always here for any questions you may have..Enjoy.Vtc,Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
jwave
0 Kudos

Hi all.  I registered but have not yet been confirmed.  I hope it is not full.  I just found this today!  I love mysteries, they are my "go to" choice for a quick read.  I love them all.  I also read just about anything else too.  I hope I get confirmed because I am without a "real life" book club at the moment and would love to play with books.  I am a volunteer in my daughter's school library and love books, book stores, libraries, you name it.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone,

I have really enjoyed the other FL discussions that I have participated in.  I have definitely broadened my reading subject horizons.  But I will have to say that reading mysteries is like coming home.  I was most excited to see that this FL selection was a mystery.  I am still waiting on my confirmation.  Hope to see all of you guys on the discussion board soon.

Bonnie

Reader 4
Tara5ashley
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Tara and I live in Cincinnati, OH. I'm so excited to read this novel. Mysteries are one of my favorite genres, and this looks very promising. I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks as well.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to FL, jwave! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileywink:

jwave wrote:

Hi all.  I registered but have not yet been confirmed.  I hope it is not full.  I just found this today!  I love mysteries, they are my "go to" choice for a quick read.  I love them all.  I also read just about anything else too.  I hope I get confirmed because I am without a "real life" book club at the moment and would love to play with books.  I am a volunteer in my daughter's school library and love books, book stores, libraries, you name it.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Sandy. Welcome to FL! It's good to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

Chicaleena wrote:

Hi,

New User
indifferenti
0 Kudos

Hi guys! My name is Sarah, and I found out about FL through facebook too. I'm relatively young (going to ASU later this year to major in psychology!), but I hope my enthusiasm in regards to books and the discussion thereof will make up for my lack of experience. I haven't received my confirmation yet but I'm really hoping I do! I'm really excited about this program and I hope I can help contribute in a positive way to our discussions, as they will surely help me grow as a reader and learn more about the craft of writing. :smileyhappy:

---------------------
Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him.
(Fyodor Dostoevsky)
Frequent Contributor
Frostbacksgirl
0 Kudos

I got my confirmation today!!..I'm so excited. I've already introduced myself, but I'll do it again.

Im Sara, live in Iowa, this will be my second 1st look book. I love First look. I can't wait to get the next book!:smileyhappy:

~Sara~
Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Hi everyone - it's great to meet you!

I'm the moderator at Mystery and Garden here. There's a lot going on at Mystery this month -- while you're waiting for your First Look book, stop by and see what's happening there!

Hi Becke and Hi Everyone! I haven't been confirmed yet so I am a bit hesitant to jump in here to say hello, but I am going to do it. I hope this doesn't jinx my getting confirmed! I have to trust something, right?

My name is Rose and I am a retired school based speech therapist. I love reading, knitting, and reading some more. I just had my first experience with FL with Eternal on the Water. I was a bit nervous about it all. Not sure exactly why, but it is what it is.

I haven't read a good mystery in a long time so I am really looking forward to reading The Poacher's Son. I think I may also pick up some of the past FL books too as they seem to have received some good recommendations. I am always on the lookout for a good book to read. I injured my knee and ride my exercise bike each day. While I am riding, I pick up a book and read. It makes the time pass so quickly, I hate to stop!

Anyway, I hope that confirmation comes in so I can join this group.

Rose (in cold Rhode Island)

Frequent Contributor
Kimmes
0 Kudos

Hip hip hooray! I got my confirmation  I am delighted to join everyone else in this first look The Poacher's Son.  Cannot wait to participate!

Kim

Minnesota

Contributor
kleeGA
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm Kristy.  I love horror, sci-fi, and mystery novels.  The best are when they're all together.  I live in Georgia.  There are a lot of great southern origin murder/mystery novels.  I'm looking forward to participating in a book club discussion.

Contributor
Griffin14
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I love to read and read just about anything. With mysteries there is always that twinge of anticpation while the story unfolds itself. I am usually on pins and needles guessing what is happening, only to be proven wrong. Very excited about this book.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Griffin14. Welcome to FL! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:

Griffin14 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I love to read and read just about anything. With mysteries there is always that twinge of anticpation while the story unfolds itself. I am usually on pins and needles guessing what is happening, only to be proven wrong. Very excited about this book.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Kristy, welcome to the FL group! It's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:

kleeGA wrote:

Hi, i'm Kristy.  I love horror, sci-fi, and mystery novels.  The best are when they're all together.  I live in Georgia.  There are a lot of great southern origin murder/mystery novels.  I'm looking forward to participating in a book club discussion.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Sarah! I look forward to reading and discussing the book with you.  :smileyhappy:

indifferenti wrote:

Hi guys! My name is Sarah, and I found out about FL through facebook too. I'm relatively young (going to ASU later this year to major in psychology!), but I hope my enthusiasm in regards to books and the discussion thereof will make up for my lack of experience. I haven't received my confirmation yet but I'm really hoping I do! I'm really excited about this program and I hope I can help contribute in a positive way to our discussions, as they will surely help me grow as a reader and learn more about the craft of writing. :smileyhappy: