Reply
Reader
DawnWA
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and am totally new to book clubs!  My friends and I always say we're going to start a group, but it hasn't happened yet.  We're all nurses, and our schedules are just too hard to coordinate. I'm expecting (and hoping) to fall in love with book clubs.  Thanks for the opportunity!

Contributor
DSlaughter
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎09-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello Everyone! My name is Dawn (which seems to be a popular name here..neat!) and I currently live in North Carolina with my husband and our 4 children.Recently we found out that later this year we will be making the cross country trip and moving to Washington State so I am really looking forward to that.  I am an avid reader and like all kinds of books..write it and I'll read it!  This is my 2nd FL book,although I haven't been confirmed for this one yet I signed up late Monday night so I think I'm in.  I am currently participating in The YA first look Before I Fall and am really enjoying the book.  Can't wait to talk about The Poacher's Son with all of you!

Correspondent
bookowlie
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎04-15-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Carolyn from northern Virginia.  I have been part of the FL book club for the last 8 or 9 books.  I think Physick Book of Deliverance Dane was my favorite, but I have enjoyed reading all of them.  I look forward to another great discussion.  To all the newbies, welcome!  I think you will love our little book club.

 

I am excited to find out this latest FL pick will be a mystery.  I love a good mystery!  I always have to resist the temptation to read ahead.

 

One more thing....yippee, I received my confirmation this morning!

Correspondent
bookowlie
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎04-15-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

 
Correspondent
bookowlie
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎04-15-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions


DSlaughter wrote:

Hello Everyone! My name is Dawn (which seems to be a popular name here..neat!) and I currently live in North Carolina with my husband and our 4 children.Recently we found out that later this year we will be making the cross country trip and moving to Washington State so I am really looking forward to that.  I am an avid reader and like all kinds of books..write it and I'll read it!  This is my 2nd FL book,although I haven't been confirmed for this one yet I signed up late Monday night so I think I'm in.  I am currently participating in The YA first look Before I Fall and am really enjoying the book.  Can't wait to talk about The Poacher's Son with all of you!


 

Dawn,

That's a good quote - write it and I'll read it!

 

Carolyn

New User
Avid-ReaderSO
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Everyone!!  I'm Susan and live in the beautiful mountains in Big Bear, California, with my teenage son (my youngest of four), my four cats, one dog, and every bird or squirrel I can feed.  Love it here and it's a beautiful place and great porch (except right now, a lot of snow) to read on.  I have been an avid reader for quite a few years, tending to lean towards mystery and suspense.  Sometimes I wonder about that!  Anyway, this would be my first time enjoying the same book with others and have no clue or idea what goes on, what types of discussions are had.....but nothing like jumping in and finding out.....right?!  Hope to be included and anxious to find out.  :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
ginger2010
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi.  I'm from Arkansas.  I love mysteries.  This is my first book club and I am very excited.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,676
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Wow, we've got a really widespread group here! I live in Cincinnati, grew up in Chicago, also lived in New Jersey and London, England. 

Contributor
nickntom
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi!  I was introduced to Agatha Christie many years ago and have never stopped!  This sounds like a great opportunity...

Reader
caktn
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Everyone--My name is Christine.  I'm from Tennessee.  This is my first book club to participate in.  I just signed up so hopefully I'll be able to participate. 

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
Posts: 172
Registered: ‎11-11-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm from Connecticut. This is my second First Look book club. I'm looking forward to reading this book. I love mysteries!

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
Posts: 730
Registered: ‎01-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

 


becke_davis wrote:

Has everyone registered and posted their address information?


 

yes.  I'm still waiting to hear back though.  My email still shows unread in my sent folder.  I sent it quite a while back.  There must be a backlog on confirmations at this point. 

 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
Posts: 730
Registered: ‎01-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

 


LastWord wrote:

Hi, I'm Jennifer. Also a huge mystery fan. I started off as a kid with Nancy Drew and Encyclopedia Brown, reading under the covers with a flashlight.

Now I read all kinds of mysteries: police procedurals, amateur sleuths, hard-boiled, you name it. The Poacher's Son sounds interesting -- not the kind of thing I might pick up on my own, but I'm always game to try something new and I love supporting debut authors.

Looking forward to the group!


 

aaaah Encyclopedia Brown!!! What memories!!!

 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,523
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Becke_davis, ReadingPatti, here. I got confirmed for the next book. I think this books sounds good. I am starting the next Teen Read one. I loved Eternal on the Water.

 

I am looking forward to reading this book too.

 

I am from Somerset, PA. Yes, I live near the Crash site of flight 93 and the miners rescue site at Quecreek. We have been called America's County. They are starting the memorial for Flight 93 and how to have it done or partly done by next year for the 10th anniversary.

 

Looking forward to reading everyone thoughts on the new book.

 

Talk to you soon.

 

ReadingPatti

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to FL, nickntom! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileyhappy:

 


nickntom wrote:

Hi!  I was introduced to Agatha Christie many years ago and have never stopped!  This sounds like a great opportunity...


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Christine. Welcome to the FL group.  :smileywink:

 


caktn wrote:

Hi Everyone--My name is Christine.  I'm from Tennessee.  This is my first book club to participate in.  I just signed up so hopefully I'll be able to participate. 


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Ginger. Welcome to the FL group!  :smileywink:

 


ginger2010 wrote:

Hi.  I'm from Arkansas.  I love mysteries.  This is my first book club and I am very excited.


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the FL group, Dawn! Maybe your friends would want to join you here.  :smileywink:

 


DawnWA wrote:

I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and am totally new to book clubs!  My friends and I always say we're going to start a group, but it hasn't happened yet.  We're all nurses, and our schedules are just too hard to coordinate. I'm expecting (and hoping) to fall in love with book clubs.  Thanks for the opportunity!


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to FL, Susan! We have a great time discussing books all over the B&N Book Club site. The moderators are great and ask thought-provoking questions. I hope you enjoy your time here.  :smileyhappy:

 


Avid-ReaderSO wrote:

Hi Everyone!!  I'm Susan and live in the beautiful mountains in Big Bear, California, with my teenage son (my youngest of four), my four cats, one dog, and every bird or squirrel I can feed.  Love it here and it's a beautiful place and great porch (except right now, a lot of snow) to read on.  I have been an avid reader for quite a few years, tending to lean towards mystery and suspense.  Sometimes I wonder about that!  Anyway, this would be my first time enjoying the same book with others and have no clue or idea what goes on, what types of discussions are had.....but nothing like jumping in and finding out.....right?!  Hope to be included and anxious to find out.  :smileyvery-happy:


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
Posts: 140
Registered: ‎05-28-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Signed up and waiting for confirmation.  See you soon!