shannonbh
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Got South Carolina covered!

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

I received my confirmation so I'm in.  I think I would put mysteries up at the top of my favorite genres.

Just had a b-day last month so I would say I'm a stay at home (Not by choice) in my mid fifties.  Married with "grown people" who sometimes visit my house.  I think I have participated in all the First Looks except the first one.

This is Ebony Angel from North St. Louis County, MO.

Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  My name is Tiffany.  I live in Dallas area.  Can't wait to start reading this book.  I am currently unemployed, so I have lots of reading time on my hands.  When I am working I am an archivist/librarian. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Nice to meet you Becke. This will be a good read, don't you think?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Wow!! we're all over the map.  AZ, AR, CA, Co, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY, and Spain, OR, and Finland, SC, RI.

We're missing AL, AK, DE, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NV, ND, UT, and WY.

Hi from SC, great to see you here and welcome to the club.  I also see RI, I've added you and welcome to the club.

Looking forward to the  experience of this club.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

South Carolina is here!!!

lilk wrote:

Wow!! we're all over the map.  AZ, AR, CA, Co, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY, and Spain. 

We're missing AL, AK, DE, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NV, ND, OR, RI, SC, UT, and WY.

Looking forward to being in the FL group!!

Reader 2
msjamiller
0 Kudos

Hello everyone (or should I say Hi Y'All or Howdy...)

I am Jessica Miller and am from Houston, TX.   I love reading mysteries / thrillers as does my 16 yr old son.  This is my very first First Look book and it has me excited.  I am looking forward to reading the book which I am sure my son will promptly steal as soon as I am done!

Thank you for confirming me for this first look book!

-jess

Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!!

I'm Tricia from PA, and I love to read all kinds of books, especially a good mystery! Currently reading Before I Fall for the teen FL, can't wait to get started reading The Poacher's Son! I did tell a friend of mine who loves to read about this FL so hopefully she can make it in!

Reader
SarahQFaye
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Sarah and I'm from Pennsylvania.  I have my BA in English lit and I read almost anything.  It's my first time doing FL and I'm really excited to talk about a new book! 

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

Woo hoo! I received my confirmation :smileyhappy:  I'm looking forward to reading this book because mysteries are my favorite (I've probably said that before) - I just hope that, come discussion time, if there are suggested topics to discuss at the end of the book the moderator chooses some of them. I wasn't as active in the last book club discussion I was in for ETOW because I didn't have much to say on the topics that were chosen.

Lisa

Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Confirmed today.  See you all in a month, or over in the Before I Fall FL Club!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Aimee from PA.  I have participated in several of the First Look selections, but had to take a break from the last one.  Boy, did I miss the discussions!  We are snowed in here just waiting for the inches to pile up.  Nothing better than a good book, a warm blanket, and the company of my 3 cats and collie dog.  Now, if I can just find a way to occupy my two kids :smileyvery-happy:  I am sure they will be playing in the snow first thing tomorrow, and I will be reading, reading, reading!

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

Hi!  I am Susan & live in Illinois--in the metro east area of St. Louis.  I am so happy a mystery has been chosen as the next FL book.  Like many others here, I sarted out with the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys mysteries when I was young.  Have been part of several First Looks & am looking forward to receiving my book & diving right in!

Happy Reading!

Contributor
Phoenix913
0 Kudos

I am excited to be a part of this Mystery First Look discussion group. This book really intrigues me! I live in North Carolina. I am a nurse practitioner, but I love to read mysteries, crime, and lawyer stuff. I don't know why I bend in that direction. My dad is a private investigator. I can blame him! The art of medicine requires a little investigational skill. Maybe that is another reason.

Who knows! Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know the other members of the group and comparing notes.:smileywink:

Reader 2
Annie_O
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Anne from Silicon Valley.  This is my very first book club, but I'm very excited to participate.  Like many others in this group, my interest in mysteries stems back to Nancy Drew books in elementary school.  I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the FL book at my door! 

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Yay! I'm confirmed! What a beautiful word! I'm looking forward to reading everyone's input on "The Poacher's Son" and can't wait to read the novel.  See you all then!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Frequent Contributor
julyso
0 Kudos

Confirmed!!!

I am so excited to read a First Look selection that is a mystery-my favorite genre!

My name is Julie & I have read several of the First Look selections. I enjoy getting out of my usual types of books & reading something different. This time, however, I will love reading a mystery/thriller.

I am a junior high school librarian in West Texas.

Welcome to all!!!:smileyhappy:

Julie
Reader-Moderator
liisa22

A dream job indeed!!  if you need an assistant to help you out... :-)    Thanks for the great job you do!

DSaff wrote:

Wow, what a dream job, Paul! <grin> Thanks for everything you do to make this possible.  :smileywink:

PaulH wrote:

hookedonbooks09 wrote:

Paul,

Your initial post here brings up a question I have had, but keep forgetting to ask the moderators. 

Who picks the selections?  Just wondering if the moderators have a list to select from or how that works?

Barb

It's just me pouring over publisher catalogs and reading, reading, reading...

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

CMATurner wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Claire and this will be my first, FL discussion. I am a fan of all kinds of books, but I am really into things that have to do with the supernatural. Mystery books are also one of my favorite genres. I am from Pensacola, FL home of some of the United States most beautiful beaches. I look forward to discussing this novel with you!

Welcome Claire!  I am sure you will enjoy it here!    I have to agree with you about the beautiful beaches!!  I love going to Johnson Beach!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone. I'm Lexi. And this looks like a way good book...hopefully I get it before the discussion is over this time. GAH! I keep getting my book AFTER the discussion. It's driving me crazy insane! But yes, I am confirmed. =]

Well, I'm 15. And I absolutely love reading. It's the one thing I do when I've got a spare moment. I read all kinds of books. So if you have a suggestion, let me know, and I'll add it to my "To-Be-Read" shelf...That shelf has a lot of books on it...and I plan on clearing that shelf before I'm 17...Which is in a year and like...two weeks. =D So yeah...lots of reading...it thrills me!

Happy readings everyone!

~Lexi-Bear