Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

bkwormMD wrote:

love2readSZ wrote:

Mainelady wrote:

I posted one before, but I don't think it took!  I'm Tina,(aka Mainelady) retired librarian living in Maine just down the road from Down East magazine so I'm really excited about this book, and sure hope I get chosen to participate.  I love to read, and review books that I do read.  I have my own book blog at Tutu's Two Cents where I chat about books ---particularly mysteries that I've read.  In January I managed to read 23 books, 9 of them mysteries.  This group looks like it will be lots of fun

Mainelady, I am sooooo jealous that you were able to read 23 books in January.  Retirement can't come soon enough.  Susanne

Hi, Mainelady! 23 books in January! That's mean! When you said that you were a retired librarian, it reminded me of how, 2 weeks ago, I must have borrowed 20 books from the library, all hard bound, and was so embarrassed about it. I had a huge stack, going way over my head. I hadn't realized that I had said with much apology, to no one in particular "it's not as much as it looks...they're just hardbound that's all..." all the librarians, maybe 3 of them in that area, laughed and one of them said, "you're apologizing to the wrong people!" I was so relieved, and happy!

I love librarians and bookworms! Hello to everyone in this forum, and looking forward to reading and sharing thoughts!

lol how cute! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

lilk wrote:

I didn't get my copy of the Poacher's Son but my copy of Seized came today, too odd, would have thought it would be the other way around.  Maybe it'll come tomorrow.

lilk wrote:

Glad to see a lot of you are receiving your FL book the Poacher's Son.  I'm in Hawaii so I don't know when I'll get mine, I hope it's soon.:smileyindifferent:

The Poacher's Son   

Seized

I would have thought so too.  I got my copy of "The Poacher's Son and am still waiting on "Seized".  Kinda threw me off.  I had to go back and read the schedule. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
flipendo
0 Kudos

Got my book yesterday! I look forward to getting started. :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Wendy! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileywink:

wendybird3 wrote:

Hi, I am Wendy and I live in Central NJ. This is my first First Look group, I just got my copy of The Poacher's Son yesterday. I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on. 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Marisa. Welcome to the FL group! We're glad to have you here.  :smileywink:

Moessymoe wrote:

Hi! I'm Marisa.  I just received my book and I am already a quarter of the way through.  Very well written and it pulls you in.  Just found a new favorite author!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
socalreader
0 Kudos

I received 'The Poacher's Son' yesterday and started it last night.  Haven't gotten too far, but it's pulled me in right away.  I enjoyed seeing a comment fromt Nelson DeMille about this book, as he's a favorite of mine too. 

Yayyyy!!!  Am so happy to be part of this First Look book club.   Thanks again. 

Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~
Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Hi..My name is Wayne Bauer and live in Longmont, Co, Not too far from the Stanley Hotel ("The Shining" ) and there are a number of mystery writers from Longmont. I love mysteries written by Nevada Barr and many others. I started reading "The Poachers Son" and really found it hard to lay down. Looking forward to this book.

Wayne

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Gail Marie, and I just received my copy of "The Poacher's Son today. I am so very excited to get started reading this book. Since I am almost finish with reading the "Before I Fall, " the teen first look book. Well everyone great reading!!!!

Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

I'm Jill from Tucson, Arizona.  I am a big mystery and thriller fan, and I am especially excited because Sunday we are taking a plane to Colorado.  What could be better reading for an airport but a mystery thriller?!!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

EbonyAngel,
Which book club is Seized connected to?  I tried to answer my own question by reading the announcement board and searching the book clubs, but for some reason, I am unable to find it.  I know that I cannot still enroll, but it never hurts to look into something for the future.
Thank you for any help you can provide!!
Aimee

EbonyAngel wrote:

lilk wrote:

I didn't get my copy of the Poacher's Son but my copy of Seized came today, too odd, would have thought it would be the other way around.  Maybe it'll come tomorrow.

lilk wrote:

The Poacher's Son   

Seized

I would have thought so too.  I got my copy of "The Poacher's Son and am still waiting on "Seized".  Kinda threw me off.  I had to go back and read the schedule. :smileyhappy:

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Reader 2
MACMAM
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Marion I LOVE books.  I live in Western Mass with my husband and my family.  I love to read and escape into books, I like doing scrapbooks when I'm not spending time with my family.  This is my first time doing FL and I'm so excited.:smileyhappy:

Reader
ameadows55
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm Anne from West Virginia. This is my first experience with a BN book club and I was thrilled to receive a copy of The Poacher's Son. I sat down and started reading it straight away. My husband and I vacationed in Maine last summer, so the location intrigues me. Though I'm trying to spice up my typical reading repertoire, mysteries remain my favorites!

Contributor
DebAMI
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Deb from Michigan.  This is my first time in a Book Club, online or otherwise and I'm so excited to be a part of this group.

Frequent Contributor
PinkBaby
0 Kudos

hi i am sara from the midwest. i have been in a few first look book selections. but i think i wll really like this:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Zeal wrote:

EbonyAngel,
Which book club is Seized connected to?  I tried to answer my own question by reading the announcement board and searching the book clubs, but for some reason, I am unable to find it.  I know that I cannot still enroll, but it never hurts to look into something for the future.
Aimee
It's part of Current Events, Aimee.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Zeal
0 Kudos

THANKS, PAUL!!

PaulH wrote:

Zeal wrote:

EbonyAngel,
Aimee

"I learned to dream through reading, learned to create dreams through writing, and learned to develop dreamers through teaching. I shall always be a dreamer."
Sharon Draper
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

Zeal wrote:

EbonyAngel,
Aimee

Thanks for answering the question Paul.  Aimee, I've got the Announcements Board bokmarked so I can keep track of what's going on.  Or sometimes, I just go through some of the Book Clubs and see what's happening or going to be happening.

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Jo from the Chicago suburbs.  Love to read and I actually "one-upped" my daughter with this club since she is an avid reader too.  I like to read most genre but crime/detective and historical fiction is my favorite.  

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Me too!

becke_davis wrote:

Every time I see the letters "FL" I think it stands for Florida instead of First Look!

Contributor
mshukers
0 Kudos

I'm Mary and I love to read. Mysterys are my favorite but I like others also. I got my book 2 days ago and feel it was a great choice (could hardly put it down). Thanks for the opportunity to read.