Reply
New User
mamaw4
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-01-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi! I'm Bev from central Indiana. This is my first time with first look. I read anything. I'm excited to start!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
cbaaa108
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎02-24-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi I'm Cathy and am currently living in Columbia, SC . . . originally from Denver, CO. I am an avid reader and like just about anything however mysteries and suspense are my favs. I am so excited to participate in this discussion . . . This is my first book club ever :smileyhappy:

 

New User
meeditoria
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I'm Luann, and I'll read anything that's not nailed shut (for the most part). Mysteries are particular favorites, but I also enjoy historical fiction and fiction from other countries and societies (the latter being books like Batya Gur's mysteries set in Israel, Stieg Larsen's books, The Reluctant Fundamentalist). I also devour travel narratives (Paul Theroux is a fave).

 

I've found a few paranormals that have given me hope for the genre recently. Eileen Wilks for one.

 

I work with books, so I read for a living (no, I'm not a publisher's shill). I write, knit, and enjoy theater.

 

Looking forward to talking!

New User
Calipso
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi!  My name is Rachel and I am a freshman in college majoring in Theater Arts and English Education.  My parents first introduced me to books when I was far too young to read them, and continued to long after I became addicted.  I often describe myself as a mystery junkie.  I'm really excited to be a part of this First Look experience, since one of the best parts about reading, in my opinion, is sharing your personal thoughts and feelings about the book with others.  I can't wait  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
librarysusie
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎07-21-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello my name is Susie I'm from North Dakota.This is my first,First Look experience and I think I got really lucky as I am loving this book!I read anything you put in front of me I like all genre's but romance although I don't mind a little romance in my books.Looking forward to all the discussions.

New User
annejuly
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎02-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi I am Anne from the Seattle area and I just found this thread.  This is my first experience with this book club although I am an avid reader.  I do love mystery and along with history, those are the two main genres that I read.  Wish there were more hours in the day to read.

Contributor
skrupp
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎02-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Suzette.  I love to read all types of books.  I am excited to be a part of this FL book club.  I have never been a part of a book club but have always wanted to join one.  I am looking forward to joining the discussions.

Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the FL group, Suzette! it's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:

 


skrupp wrote:

Hi, I'm Suzette.  I love to read all types of books.  I am excited to be a part of this FL book club.  I have never been a part of a book club but have always wanted to join one.  I am looking forward to joining the discussions.


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the FL group, Anne! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:


annejuly wrote:

Hi I am Anne from the Seattle area and I just found this thread.  This is my first experience with this book club although I am an avid reader.  I do love mystery and along with history, those are the two main genres that I read.  Wish there were more hours in the day to read.


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Rachel. Welcome to the FL group! I can't wait to discuss the book with you. :smileyhappy:

 


Calipso wrote:

Hi!  My name is Rachel and I am a freshman in college majoring in Theater Arts and English Education.  My parents first introduced me to books when I was far too young to read them, and continued to long after I became addicted.  I often describe myself as a mystery junkie.  I'm really excited to be a part of this First Look experience, since one of the best parts about reading, in my opinion, is sharing your personal thoughts and feelings about the book with others.  I can't wait  :smileyhappy:


 

 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Susie. Welcome to the FL group! We're happy to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:


librarysusie wrote:

Hello my name is Susie I'm from North Dakota.This is my first,First Look experience and I think I got really lucky as I am loving this book!I read anything you put in front of me I like all genre's but romance although I don't mind a little romance in my books.Looking forward to all the discussions.


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the FL group, Luann! You are among book lovers here.  :smileywink:


meeditoria wrote:

I'm Luann, and I'll read anything that's not nailed shut (for the most part). Mysteries are particular favorites, but I also enjoy historical fiction and fiction from other countries and societies (the latter being books like Batya Gur's mysteries set in Israel, Stieg Larsen's books, The Reluctant Fundamentalist). I also devour travel narratives (Paul Theroux is a fave).

 

I've found a few paranormals that have given me hope for the genre recently. Eileen Wilks for one.

 

I work with books, so I read for a living (no, I'm not a publisher's shill). I write, knit, and enjoy theater.

 

Looking forward to talking!


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Cathy. Welcome to the FL group! It's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:


cbaaa108 wrote:

Hi I'm Cathy and am currently living in Columbia, SC . . . originally from Denver, CO. I am an avid reader and like just about anything however mysteries and suspense are my favs. I am so excited to participate in this discussion . . . This is my first book club ever :smileyhappy:

 


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to the FL group, Bev! I look forward to discussing the book with you.  :smileyhappy:

 


mamaw4 wrote:

Hi! I'm Bev from central Indiana. This is my first time with first look. I read anything. I'm excited to start!:smileyhappy:


 

 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
MrsMc
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎02-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi...I love the outdoors and mysteries...and, I'm enjoying what I have read so far. This is my first time participating in B&N's "First Look" Book Club...hope it won't be the last! Thanks for letting me be a part of reading "The Poacher's Son." ~Sharon, TN

Reader 2
Uneedink
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎02-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello my name is Shelley and I am an avid reader. It took roughly 2 hours to finish this book. Mysteries are not normally my first choice but I do enjoy them.  

I live in the deserts of West Texas. I have 4 boys which I have passed on my love of reading to.

New User
ShayCW
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-06-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

My name is Cheyanna I also live in New York. I read the book Poacher's Son in between doing all of my college reading. But i though it was quite enjoyable. I was first intorduced to mystery when I was also a little kid but I was introduced to the infamous Nancy Drew. I still to this as a college student read the books, I have the movie, Watch the lifetime ones all the time, and play the computer games. Other then Nancy Drew I hadnt read much mystery. I am a big fan of reading but for some reason I hadnt come across many mystery books I wanted to read. But I found this was quite different from Nancy Drew, not to be mean and I love Nancy Drew books but the older you get the less scary and mysterious Nancy is.

-Cheyanna Wickman

Frequent Contributor
reader76
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎02-05-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello, everyone.  I am thrilled to be reading this novel eventhough I am not a die hard mystery/thriller reader...I am looking forward to getting into the meat of this book and find out what is going on with the Warden's father.  So far so good!

Contributor
BookAholicInVT
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎02-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Erika. I am a longtime mystery fan. My mom got me started on the genre when I was kid by giving me her copies of Nancy Drew (which I still have). I discovered Patricia Cornwell in high school. I am excited that this months FL is a mystery since I'm always looking for new authors to read while I'm waiting for my favorites to publish new books.

You can never have to many books.
Contributor
Susan5847
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi - I'm Susan from North Carolina.  We visited Maine several years ago and loved it.  Stayed several nights in a rural setting away from the normal tourist places and I thought that it would be a great place to set a mystery!  I am looking forward to finishing this book!