New User
mamaw4
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi! I'm Bev from central Indiana. This is my first time with first look. I read anything. I'm excited to start!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
cbaaa108
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Cathy and am currently living in Columbia, SC . . . originally from Denver, CO. I am an avid reader and like just about anything however mysteries and suspense are my favs. I am so excited to participate in this discussion . . . This is my first book club ever :smileyhappy:

New User
meeditoria
0 Kudos

I'm Luann, and I'll read anything that's not nailed shut (for the most part). Mysteries are particular favorites, but I also enjoy historical fiction and fiction from other countries and societies (the latter being books like Batya Gur's mysteries set in Israel, Stieg Larsen's books, The Reluctant Fundamentalist). I also devour travel narratives (Paul Theroux is a fave).

I've found a few paranormals that have given me hope for the genre recently. Eileen Wilks for one.

I work with books, so I read for a living (no, I'm not a publisher's shill). I write, knit, and enjoy theater.

Looking forward to talking!

New User
Calipso
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Rachel and I am a freshman in college majoring in Theater Arts and English Education.  My parents first introduced me to books when I was far too young to read them, and continued to long after I became addicted.  I often describe myself as a mystery junkie.  I'm really excited to be a part of this First Look experience, since one of the best parts about reading, in my opinion, is sharing your personal thoughts and feelings about the book with others.  I can't wait  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
librarysusie
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Susie I'm from North Dakota.This is my first,First Look experience and I think I got really lucky as I am loving this book!I read anything you put in front of me I like all genre's but romance although I don't mind a little romance in my books.Looking forward to all the discussions.

New User
annejuly
0 Kudos

Hi I am Anne from the Seattle area and I just found this thread.  This is my first experience with this book club although I am an avid reader.  I do love mystery and along with history, those are the two main genres that I read.  Wish there were more hours in the day to read.

Contributor
skrupp
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Suzette.  I love to read all types of books.  I am excited to be a part of this FL book club.  I have never been a part of a book club but have always wanted to join one.  I am looking forward to joining the discussions.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Suzette! it's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:

skrupp wrote:

Hi, I'm Suzette.  I love to read all types of books.  I am excited to be a part of this FL book club.  I have never been a part of a book club but have always wanted to join one.  I am looking forward to joining the discussions.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Anne! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:

annejuly wrote:

Hi I am Anne from the Seattle area and I just found this thread.  This is my first experience with this book club although I am an avid reader.  I do love mystery and along with history, those are the two main genres that I read.  Wish there were more hours in the day to read.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Rachel. Welcome to the FL group! I can't wait to discuss the book with you. :smileyhappy:

Calipso wrote:

Hi!  My name is Rachel and I am a freshman in college majoring in Theater Arts and English Education.  My parents first introduced me to books when I was far too young to read them, and continued to long after I became addicted.  I often describe myself as a mystery junkie.  I'm really excited to be a part of this First Look experience, since one of the best parts about reading, in my opinion, is sharing your personal thoughts and feelings about the book with others.  I can't wait  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Susie. Welcome to the FL group! We're happy to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

librarysusie wrote:

Hello my name is Susie I'm from North Dakota.This is my first,First Look experience and I think I got really lucky as I am loving this book!I read anything you put in front of me I like all genre's but romance although I don't mind a little romance in my books.Looking forward to all the discussions.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Luann! You are among book lovers here.  :smileywink:

meeditoria wrote:

I'm Luann, and I'll read anything that's not nailed shut (for the most part). Mysteries are particular favorites, but I also enjoy historical fiction and fiction from other countries and societies (the latter being books like Batya Gur's mysteries set in Israel, Stieg Larsen's books, The Reluctant Fundamentalist). I also devour travel narratives (Paul Theroux is a fave).

I've found a few paranormals that have given me hope for the genre recently. Eileen Wilks for one.

I work with books, so I read for a living (no, I'm not a publisher's shill). I write, knit, and enjoy theater.

Looking forward to talking!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Cathy. Welcome to the FL group! It's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:

cbaaa108 wrote:

Hi I'm Cathy and am currently living in Columbia, SC . . . originally from Denver, CO. I am an avid reader and like just about anything however mysteries and suspense are my favs. I am so excited to participate in this discussion . . . This is my first book club ever :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Bev! I look forward to discussing the book with you.  :smileyhappy:

mamaw4 wrote:

Hi! I'm Bev from central Indiana. This is my first time with first look. I read anything. I'm excited to start!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
MrsMc
0 Kudos

Hi...I love the outdoors and mysteries...and, I'm enjoying what I have read so far. This is my first time participating in B&N's "First Look" Book Club...hope it won't be the last! Thanks for letting me be a part of reading "The Poacher's Son." ~Sharon, TN

Reader 2
Uneedink
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Shelley and I am an avid reader. It took roughly 2 hours to finish this book. Mysteries are not normally my first choice but I do enjoy them.  

I live in the deserts of West Texas. I have 4 boys which I have passed on my love of reading to.

New User
ShayCW
0 Kudos

My name is Cheyanna I also live in New York. I read the book Poacher's Son in between doing all of my college reading. But i though it was quite enjoyable. I was first intorduced to mystery when I was also a little kid but I was introduced to the infamous Nancy Drew. I still to this as a college student read the books, I have the movie, Watch the lifetime ones all the time, and play the computer games. Other then Nancy Drew I hadnt read much mystery. I am a big fan of reading but for some reason I hadnt come across many mystery books I wanted to read. But I found this was quite different from Nancy Drew, not to be mean and I love Nancy Drew books but the older you get the less scary and mysterious Nancy is.

-Cheyanna Wickman

Frequent Contributor
reader76
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone.  I am thrilled to be reading this novel eventhough I am not a die hard mystery/thriller reader...I am looking forward to getting into the meat of this book and find out what is going on with the Warden's father.  So far so good!

Contributor
BookAholicInVT
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Erika. I am a longtime mystery fan. My mom got me started on the genre when I was kid by giving me her copies of Nancy Drew (which I still have). I discovered Patricia Cornwell in high school. I am excited that this months FL is a mystery since I'm always looking for new authors to read while I'm waiting for my favorites to publish new books.

You can never have to many books.
Contributor
Susan5847
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm Susan from North Carolina.  We visited Maine several years ago and loved it.  Stayed several nights in a rural setting away from the normal tourist places and I thought that it would be a great place to set a mystery!  I am looking forward to finishing this book!