New User
Spike62
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Mike from NH. This is my first FL and I'm looking forward to it! I'm a fan of Ken Follet, and have recently been introduced by a friend to Vic Brit Lit.

Frequent Contributor
kstempien
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

My name is Keri, and I'm from northeastern PA. I'm thrilloed that I had the opportunity to participate in this FL experience. I'm extremely looking forward to reading this selection, as mysteries always tended to be one of my favorites. I have been very drawn to the book so far, straight from the beginning. The only problem with that is that I find myself putting my reading for school on the back burner simply because I can't bring myself to put The Poacher's Son down!!!

I'm looking forward to discussing this book and hope that you all enjoy reading it as much as I already am!

New User
thismamaneedscoffee
0 Kudos

Hey gang!

My name is Kelly, and I'm an avid reader, iced coffee lover (both can go together, you see, iced coffee and ferocious reading...a perfect match), housewife and mother of two little girls.  I usually read the classics - Jane Austen and Charles Dickens being my favorite (and Miss Frances Burney, can't leave her out!) - but the past few months have found me more and more being pulled in the direction of contemporary fiction.  After reading Wilkie Collins' (not comtemporary but still fabulous nonetheless) two mysteries "The Woman in White" and "The Moonstone", I became a mystery fan.  My friend Jill (who's on here somewhere, hi Jill!) clued me in about the B&N First Look Book Club and I was immediately on the computer trying to sign up, so don't mind what's going to be my over-enthusiasm. :smileysurprised:)

Glad to be here and can't wait to discuss!

Contributor
lizabet1196
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Amy.  I am super excited about the book.  I love a good mystery suspense.  Can't wait to start reading tonight.

Contributor
Temolly
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm mia and I hail from Hawaii (the Big Island).  I do love mysteries, in books and in movies, and murder mysteries in particular.  A classmate of mine from elementary in the Philippines has her own book review blog but, between working and having little kids, I thought I could never settle in and get into book reading at this point of my life.  She introduced to me this First Look Club. I've given myself time to finally sit down for a little bit and the rest is history!

I haven't ever written reviews or participated in blogs before so I hope I don't get too lost.  I hope I do have something to contribute.  I've enjoyed "The Poacher's Son" even though it is a bit unique from the murder mysteries I have read in the past. I look forward to reading more.

This is so differnt from my current life and routine and it is a welcome change.

Frequent Contributor
julyso
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

HI to all! I have participated in several of the First Look clubs & have always enjoyed it. I like trying out new genres that I normally wouldn't read. The Poacher's Son is right up my alley, though-I love mystery & suspense!

I am a junior high school librarian, living in West Texas. I love to read, scrapbook, and play with my two dogs & cat.:smileyvery-happy:

Julie
Frequent Contributor
MelissaW
0 Kudos

HI!

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and love a good mystery!  So, I'm really excited to see a mystery as an ARC.  I've finished the book and am ready to start posting about it.

Reader 4
zenrei
0 Kudos

My name is Samirah. 

I'm not a big mystery fan, but I'm always open to anything if it's good.

I'm from Philadelphia and am also very excited to participate in this, (my first) First Look

Contributor
RNData_GK
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Gigi. I live in Orlando, Florida. I am married and have two sons ages 7 and 3.

This is my third First Look book and I am excited to be part of the first First Look mystery novel. I'm a little late in getting started. I will catch up this week. So far, I find the story intriguing.

Looking forward to what others think of the novel.

Gigi

Contributor
BaseballMomma
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Sheena. I'm a stay-at-home mom of two baby boys (2 years old and 10 months old). I've spent the last few weeks battling them getting sick and me getting sick. My husband was lucky enough to be out of town at the time! Now that we're all better I'm ready to dive into this First Look book selection!

I enjoy reading anything and everything including mystery, so I'm really looking forward to reading more of this book.

Reader 2
tali6266
0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Tracee.  I'm a big fan of mysteries.  I also grew up in Michigan, and my father was a hunter (a nice one though :smileyhappy:), so I could really relate to the story's setting.  I loved it!

Contributor
Meandmoose
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Lisa. I'm an avid reader and really like mysteries. This is my first time doing a first look. I was so excited to get this book in the mail!

New User
LaX_book_lover
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Kim from WI. I am married with three children. I am new to the Barnes and Noble site,  but go to my local B & N store all the time. I love books of all types, but have gotten into a bit of a "chick book" rut. I really enjoy mystery/suspense books, so I am looking forward to seeing how this book ends. I've enjoyed it thus far.

Thanks for including me in this group!

Kim

Frequent Contributor
sarah_in_ca
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Sarah and I live in Southern California.  I'm currently a Library and Information Science grad student.  I love reading books, researching genealogy, photographing birds, and following politics. 

It's very nice to meet you all!  This will be my third time participating in the First Look program, after just having finished Eternal on the Water two months ago and Before I Fall last month.  I'm looking forward to participating in the group discussion!

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

sorry for late post but I wasn't able to log into B&N.com for most of March :smileysad:

However, I love the book!

Thanks  B&N

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare