Correspondent
floreader

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I'm happy to report that I received my confirmation yesterday.  Now on to the great mystery of when I will see the little brown box arrive on my doorstep - next week? the week after?  I love a good mystery!

Frequent Contributor
love2readSZ
0 Kudos

Mainelady wrote:

I posted one before, but I don't think it took!  I'm Tina,(aka Mainelady) retired librarian living in Maine just down the road from Down East magazine so I'm really excited about this book, and sure hope I get chosen to participate.  I love to read, and review books that I do read.  I have my own book blog at Tutu's Two Cents where I chat about books ---particularly mysteries that I've read.  In January I managed to read 23 books, 9 of them mysteries.  This group looks like it will be lots of fun

Mainelady, I am sooooo jealous that you were able to read 23 books in January.  Retirement can't come soon enough.  Susanne

Contributor
ann1009961
0 Kudos

HI, I''m Ann.  I introduced myself earlier, but I got my confirmation!  Yah!!  Does anyone know when the books will be shipped?  Looking forward to reading a mystery again (it has been some time since I read one).  Found a Hercule Poirot (my favorite) at the library sale on Tuesday & I'll start on that until our new book comes in.

Ann

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Frequent Contributor
love2readSZ
0 Kudos

ann1009961 wrote:

HI, I''m Ann.  I introduced myself earlier, but I got my confirmation!  Yah!!  Does anyone know when the books will be shipped?  Looking forward to reading a mystery again (it has been some time since I read one).  Found a Hercule Poirot (my favorite) at the library sale on Tuesday & I'll start on that until our new book comes in.

Now I don't feel bad that other people asked the question about when will the books be sent out.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

love2readSZ wrote:

ann1009961 wrote:

Now I don't feel bad that other people asked the question about when will the books be sent out.

Most likely, mid to late next week.
Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PaulH wrote:

hookedonbooks09 wrote:

Paul,

Your initial post here brings up a question I have had, but keep forgetting to ask the moderators. 

Who picks the selections?  Just wondering if the moderators have a list to select from or how that works?

Barb

It's just me pouring over publisher catalogs and reading, reading, reading...

Hey Paul,

tell me if you ever need a break;  that sounds like my dream job :-)  I'd be glad to fill in for a few...years?

Whoops, guess I should introduce myself - Jo, from Phoenix AZ - and say a delighted hello to all the FLers who are here to share a mystery discussion!   Who knew that so many of us had this secret vice for the dark side?   I love mysteries, and am SO happy that there are now so many really well-written ones to choose among.   Last few years I've been reading a lot that are set in 'foreign' locations, kind of combining some vicarious travel with the mystery aspect.  I think this discussion will be a lot of fun!

Reader 2
rbhoover
0 Kudos

I am Renee and I love all types of books.  I am looking forward to reading The Poacher's Son and participating in the discussion.  Thanks for including me!

Frequent Contributor
ms_linda
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Linda from Southern California. I just got my confirmation and am thrilled to be here. This is my first FL book club and I am an avid mystery reader. I especially enjoy thrillers and psychological suspense.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Wow!! we're all over the map.  AZ, AR, CA, Co, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY, and Spain. 

We're missing AL, AK, DE, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NV, ND, OR, RI, SC, UT, and WY.

Looking forward to being in the FL group!!

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

indifferenti wrote:

Hi guys! My name is Sarah, and I found out about FL through facebook too. I'm relatively young (going to ASU later this year to major in psychology!), but I hope my enthusiasm in regards to books and the discussion thereof will make up for my lack of experience. I haven't received my confirmation yet but I'm really hoping I do! I'm really excited about this program and I hope I can help contribute in a positive way to our discussions, as they will surely help me grow as a reader and learn more about the craft of writing. :smileyhappy:

Hi Sarah, you are definitely in the right place. We all need and look forward to your enthusiasm and by the end of the novel most of us will need the help of a psychologist. :womanvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
milkamilka
0 Kudos

Hey! I'm Milka from Oulu, Finland. I am really excited about this one, it has been a long time since I've read mystery. This is my 3rd time participating in the First Look program. Can't wait to discuss this book with you! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, welcome to FL, been a member for quite sometime, and loving everything about

this book club. Thankyou Paul for giving me another golden opportunity to partake in another

great selection. There's no doubt it will be a great read. If any of you newbies need help,just

ask...someone will be sure to answer any questions.  Have A Great Day :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

lilk wrote:

Wow!! we're all over the map.  AZ, AR, CA, Co, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY, and Spain. 

We're missing AL, AK, DE, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NV, ND, OR, RI, SC, UT, and WY.

I'm from Oregon :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Zia01 wrote:

lilk wrote:

I'm from Oregon :smileyhappy:

Wow!! we're all over the map.  AZ, AR, CA, Co, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WY, and Spain, OR, and Finland.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
VeraC
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Vera and I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore with my husband and three dogs. This is my third FL, although I haven't participated in one for a while... my workload got too heavy there for a while (sigh).

I devour books of all genres... in fact the hardest thing about FL for me is to keep from reading ahead!  But it's definitely worth it to stay with the group; the discussions are so much better that way.

The timing of this book is great.  My face-to-face book group and I have been planning a trip to a local mystery bookstore for weeks, but every time we set a date, there's a snowstorm and we end up cancelling. But with FL, I can curl up in front of the fireplace with my laptop and it can snow all it wants!

I can't wait to start reading and discussing with you all!

VeraC

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the FL group, Renee! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileywink:

rbhoover wrote:

I am Renee and I love all types of books.  I am looking forward to reading The Poacher's Son and participating in the discussion.  Thanks for including me!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Linda! It's good to have you with us for this FL.  :smileyhappy:

ms_linda wrote:

Hi I'm Linda from Southern California. I just got my confirmation and am thrilled to be here. This is my first FL book club and I am an avid mystery reader. I especially enjoy thrillers and psychological suspense.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
jbg78
0 Kudos

I'm so excited to get the new book. I get so thrilled when I see that I have a message in my mailbox.  I always think I won't get a confirmation.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb~
Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Whoohoo! This is Rose in Rhode Island. I just got my confirmation! Can you tell I am excited? I haven't read a good mystery in a long time so I am looking forward to The Poacher's Son and sharing this mystery with all of you!

I will be watching for that UPS truck to arrive with the book so I can get started. In the meanwhile I am reading the Time Traveler's Wife and just starting to get into the rhythm of it.

Be back with all of you soon!

Rose

Contributor
shannonbh
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm Shannon, from a small town in South Carolina where our mysteries tend to focus on what recruits we will have for the next football or basketball season!  However, I do love a good TRUE mystery, and this looks a bit frightening and fun.  So I am looking forward to this and the discussion...hopefully it will take my mind off LOST!  :smileyhappy: