Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm Rhonda and there is nothing like reading a great mystery. I've been a mystery fan for years so this book will be right up my alley. I've participated in the past few first looks and look forward to this one.

Reader 2
jenpalombi
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Jen from Ohio.

I'm a long-time mystery/suspense lover (and collector) and this is my first time getting involved in a First Look group.  I'm really excited about being a part of the discussion within my favorite genre!

Happy Reading, everyone.

Jen

Happy Reading!
Jen
"The Lit Witch"
Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Becky and I live in East Central Indiana.  I have several friends who have become involved in the "First Look" book clubs and I wanted in!

I am excited about this book selection and can't wait to start reading it!

Becky

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Chris and come from Charlotte, NC. I'm a die hard mystery fan from Nancy Drey to Agatha Christie and I'm still reading some of the Hercule Poirot books. Can't wait for this one!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

Hi. I am Emily from Baltimore. What a great surprise to find out about a new First Look when I am stuck at home sick. I actively participate in two book clubs in Baltimore and continue to love the opportunity to read new books through First Look---Thank you!

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Hi. I am Cheryl from Spokane, WA. I really enjoy mystery and suspense novels. I am looking forward to reading "The Poacher's Son" and being a part of this First Look Club. I haven't been a part fo the First Look Club for a few months and I have missed it. 

CAG
Reader
Kim_S
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!  My name is Kim and I am from New Hampshire.  This is my first FL book and I am excited to get started.  A friend of mine has been telling me about these books for a while now and I finally got in one one!  Yeah!  I love all kinds of books but tend to enjoy the suspense genre the most.

Contributor
Sdf1966
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Sharon "Denice" Ferrell and I was so excited about this book and the fact that it was going to be a mystery that I put the information in my datebook to make sure that I remembered to sign up.  I live in Piedmont, Oklahoma which is northwest of Oklahoma City.  I wish I had the book because of all the ice and snow that we got on Thursday.  Today is the first day I was able to get out of the house.  I am really looking forward to getting to know people through a book.  Thanks for a great book!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the group, Kim! Isn't it great to have friends who share books?  :smileywink:

Kim_S wrote:

Hello Everyone!  My name is Kim and I am from New Hampshire.  This is my first FL book and I am excited to get started.  A friend of mine has been telling me about these books for a while now and I finally got in one one!  Yeah!  I love all kinds of books but tend to enjoy the suspense genre the most.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It is good to meet another Agatha Christie fan! I also love the getting CD's of the British TV series about her detectives. Poirot is my favorite. David Suchet is excellent!

maxcat wrote:

Hi, I'm Chris and come from Charlotte, NC. I'm a die hard mystery fan from Nancy Drey to Agatha Christie and I'm still reading some of the Hercule Poirot books. Can't wait for this one!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Jen. Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileyhappy:

jenpalombi wrote:

Hi!  I'm Jen from Ohio.

I'm a long-time mystery/suspense lover (and collector) and this is my first time getting involved in a First Look group.  I'm really excited about being a part of the discussion within my favorite genre!

Happy Reading, everyone.

Jen

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Becky! We have a good time, and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :smileyhappy:

Becktrek wrote:

Hi,

I am Becky and I live in East Central Indiana.  I have several friends who have become involved in the "First Look" book clubs and I wanted in!

I am excited about this book selection and can't wait to start reading it!

Becky

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Kris from NW NJ and mysteries are one of my favorite genres to read. Nancy Drew Mysteries were the first books I read and really enjoyed as a pre-teen. I tried to get my pre-teen daughters interested in Nancy Drew books, but no luck, not with Twilight around. We did enjoy the movie that came out a year or two ago.

Looking forward to another great  First Look. Thanks BN and Paul:smileyhappy:

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

I'm Gaby, a lawyer/book blogger living in Brooklyn. I love mysteries and have read them avidly since I was young.  Started out with my uncle's old Agatha Christies, and I keep going back to them. I'm very excited that we're doing a mystery this time. 

I've very much enjoyed the B&N First Look discussions and am glad to find books and authors that I normally wouldn't have learned about and to hear what everyone else thinks of the book.  Thank you to the author, publisher and to Barnes & Noble for sponsoring this FL Book Club.

Glad to be part of the group!

Gaby

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Just got my confirmation... in record time. Thanks Paul!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Contributor
Donna-readerinWI
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!!  I'm Donna from Lancaster WI and I am THRILLED to be part of this First Look selection!  I try to carefully choose the First Look selections I want to read.  If it's not something I'm going to really like, not my genre, I don't want to deprive someone else from the chance to participate!  The second I saw "Mystery" I knew this one was a must do!!  I'm looking forward to beginning what sounds like a great book!!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

me too :smileyhappy:  They are really getting fast at this. <loving it!> THANK YOU, Paul and everyone at B&N!!!

babzilla41 wrote:

Just got my confirmation... in record time. Thanks Paul!

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I see many of you have your confirmations. I followed the directions right at 7am and still have not received a confirmation.  What have I done wrong?

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
Sally_K
0 Kudos

Hi Kim, I'm from NH and am an avid reader as well. This is also my first First Look participation. I'm excited this mystry takes place in our backyard. Looking forward to the book and the discussions. Sally=
Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Tuscania & I live in Pennsylvania. I am so happy to have received my confirmation for this book. I am glad that I found out about FL because I'm always looking for new books to read.I am presently reading the teen (I was too late for Eternal on the Water :smileysad:) first look "Before I Fall" but have yet to discuss it.