Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]

The Postmistress, a tale of two extraordinary women on the eve of World War II, is an absolute perfect candidate for the First Look Book Group and we're thrilled to share it with you!

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on October 5th. The book club will be visible to the public, but only those enrolled will be able to post on the board and discuss the book with the author and other readers.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper left of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

Post_Mistress

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives. Be sure to go to the welcome thread and introduce yourself!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

Hi Paul,

I'm back.  I signed up for the Postmistress this afternoon and now it is not listed in my private messages anymore?  Why did it disappear?  I signed up where you had the announcement that said "click here" and then I clicked on new message and I filled out the email.  Once I submitted it, a message came back across the top that it was submitted or sent or something to that effect.  Could you just confirm that you received my request.  Now I see you have a link on the right side of the screen.  I really enjoyed the UTUS and would love to participate in another discussion.  I eagerly await your reply.

Thanks.

Literature (from the UTUS FL bookclub

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Confirmations will begin (I stress begin!) to go out today. You'll be fine.

literature wrote:

Hi Paul,

I'm back.  I signed up for the Postmistress this afternoon and now it is not listed in my private messages anymore?  Why did it disappear?  I signed up where you had the announcement that said "click here" and then I clicked on new message and I filled out the email.  Once I submitted it, a message came back across the top that it was submitted or sent or something to that effect.  Could you just confirm that you received my request.  Now I see you have a link on the right side of the screen.  I really enjoyed the UTUS and would love to participate in another discussion.  I eagerly await your reply.

Thanks.

Literature (from the UTUS FL bookclub

Reader 4
bookmarkSC
0 Kudos

I am lost.. I signed in but I don't know where to go after that it says to look above the board. I don't know where you are talking about. Can you help...I would really like to join in for the discussion.  Please tell me what to do.

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

In the top right, do you see your name, logout, My profile, etc.? You have a mailbox there. That's were you send the private message from.

bookmarkSC wrote:

I am lost.. I signed in but I don't know where to go after that it says to look above the board. I don't know where you are talking about. Can you help...I would really like to join in for the discussion.  Please tell me what to do.

Inspired Correspondent
ladybug74
0 Kudos

Hi! I signed up last night, but I had a very hard time with it. You guys have re-arranged things a bit and it's hard to find the mailbox now to send the message to sign up. You wouldn't believe what I had to go through to find it! Is there any way you could fix this so it's easier for us to find? I would hate to miss out on another great book because of something like this.

Reader
Minnie
0 Kudos

I would love to read the Postmistress and join the discussion

Contributor
Hyperviper
0 Kudos

Where do we go to join the discussion?

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

The first post in this thread will walk you through how you go about joining the club.

Hyperviper wrote:

Where do we go to join the discussion?

Contributor
CatholicKittie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wow that was harder than I thought.  I figured it out though. Thanks :smileyhappy:

http://catholickittie.blogspot.com
I am a writer. One thing I’ve learned in the course of my career is that what makes a writer is...Writing. Not talking about writing or hanging out with writers, not publicity or promotion or social networking, not even getting published. Writers write. We put into words whatever is true or interesting, titillating or inspiring, entertaining or provoking. That is our job. That defines us. If we get lucky, we get paid. But there is value and dignity in the work, whether we are driven by an inner need or the need for a paycheck, whether we make money at it or not.
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Paul,

BN has changed the format of messages, and I can't find my Private message box to sign up for this new club.

Please help.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

The PM box is up to the right now - look at the white box under Gift Cards and See All in the main BN banner.
fordmg wrote:

Paul,

BN has changed the format of messages, and I can't find my Private message box to sign up for this new club.

Please help.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
New User
Jeani76Beani
0 Kudos

Post_Mistress

Would like an Advanced Reader's Copy of The Post Mistress

The directions are very confusing not sure if I'm doing this right.

I don't feel comfortable posting my personal information in a public forum.

New User
Jeani76Beani
0 Kudos

I don't see any links to any private message boards.

In regard to asking for an ARC of The Post Mistress.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi.  Look for the white envelope in the Log In box. It is over on the right hand side under "My Profile." That is the place to create a message for the book.  :smileyhappy:

Jeani76Beani wrote:

I don't see any links to any private message boards.

In regard to asking for an ARC of The Post Mistress.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Post_Mistress

Please don't post your information here. In the upper right hand corner, below your name, profile, etc., is a white envelope. Click that and send a Private Message to Post_Mistress with your name, address, and phone number. Thanks.

Jeani76Beani wrote:

Would like an Advanced Reader's Copy of The Post Mistress

The directions are very confusing not sure if I'm doing this right.

I don't feel comfortable posting my personal information in a public forum.

Frequent Contributor
cocospals
0 Kudos

I will have to agree with those who have said this was a difficult sign up.  I tried two days ago and could not figure out where the sign in button had moved to. Today, with the help of those who also posted, i was able to get signed up.  My biggest complaint, and one that I hope you will pass on to the powers that be, is that the font has been shrunk down alot and it is very, very hard for us old gals to read.

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there - John Wooden
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

If you sent your PM in before 4:30 EST on September 4th, you're more then likely enrolled. Watch for a confirmation PM over the next week.

New User
ScotchWhiskey
0 Kudos

Ive asked this before - and havent gotten an answer

what date are we to start looking for registration for getting the copy and discussion meetings?

I have been a member for a while and miss the registration date every time!!!

makes it very difficuklt to participate!! 

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

One of the admins will post the start date of signups for each First Look in the Announcements board.  For example, there's a thread titled October First Look Book Club that contains links to The Postmistress board and signup instructions.
ScotchWhiskey wrote:

Ive asked this before - and havent gotten an answer

what date are we to start looking for registration for getting the copy and discussion meetings?

I have been a member for a while and miss the registration date every time!!!

makes it very difficuklt to participate!! 

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com