Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

m

Kiakar, I am 71, and I'm not laughing this time. I probably won't be able to participate in the discussion of The Postmistress, since I have not been able to sign in since last week. Everytime I try I am sent to my account and shown the books I purchased. I posted on the help board but no advice was given. I am sending this message from a netbook that has a small screen and it would be impossible to post daily from here. I am really frustrated with B&N, I sent an email (can't send PM if I can't sign in) to BN.Com, now they want my address, my name, and my membership number to verify that I am who I am.  It's faster to buy a book online than to get help. Is that what they want? I have been a member since the BN University days and for the first time I feel like quitting.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: m

I sent you a PM, Sunltcloud.

Sunltcloud wrote:

Kiakar, I am 71, and I'm not laughing this time. I probably won't be able to participate in the discussion of The Postmistress, since I have not been able to sign in since last week. Everytime I try I am sent to my account and shown the books I purchased. I posted on the help board but no advice was given. I am sending this message from a netbook that has a small screen and it would be impossible to post daily from here. I am really frustrated with B&N, I sent an email (can't send PM if I can't sign in) to BN.Com, now they want my address, my name, and my membership number to verify that I am who I am.  It's faster to buy a book online than to get help. Is that what they want? I have been a member since the BN University days and for the first time I feel like quitting.

Reader
djsfoxylady

Got my copy today! Beautiful cover! Can't wait to read this! Thanks Paul and B&N

Amy

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

Downloading Firefox did the trick.

PaulH wrote:

Sunltcloud wrote:

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Great!
Just remember to let the page load fully before trying to sign on or reply. We're working on the speed and loading issues too.

Sunltcloud wrote:

Thanks Paul,

PaulH wrote:

Sunltcloud wrote:

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Sunltcloud wrote:

Thanks Paul,

PaulH wrote:

Sunltcloud wrote:

Hang in there kiakar. I had lots of problems too. Eventually they were worked out. I remember you and always enjoyed your comments. They were always thoughtful and thought provoking. If you don't get in this one, I would still look forward to seeing you on the next.

See you soon,

Cathy

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I am enjoying this discussion so far and as stated by oth...

I am enjoying this discussion so far and as stated by other readers want to make sure I don't miss sign-ups for further First Looks.  One post mentioned to look for sign ups the last week of month for the current selection and another said the next sign up would be the first week of December.  Is there no book for Nov. or Dec?  I guess I thought this was a monthly things since looking at past selections it appeared that way.  Thanks for the imput!

Jill

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: I am enjoying this discussion so far and as stated by oth...

We usually convene every other month, but we'll be taking December off for the Holidays. We will be taking enrollments the first week of December for the January club.

jb70 wrote:

I am enjoying this discussion so far and as stated by other readers want to make sure I don't miss sign-ups for further First Looks.  One post mentioned to look for sign ups the last week of month for the current selection and another said the next sign up would be the first week of December.  Is there no book for Nov. or Dec?  I guess I thought this was a monthly things since looking at past selections it appeared that way.  Thanks for the imput!

Jill

Contributor
Murphy64
0 Kudos

Once you have the book....

I received The Postmistress and I am in the middle of reading the book. I would love to post some comments, but can't figure out how to do this or where to go to do it. When I go to the posting page, it does not give me the option for a new message (this is greyed out)?? Help!
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Once you have the book....

Hi :smileyhappy:  When you want to discuss the questions posed or post other thoughts, select the topic that best fits and "Reply" to the main post there. We can't start new threads, but can change the Subject line. I hope that helps.

Murphy64 wrote:
I received The Postmistress and I am in the middle of reading the book. I would love to post some comments, but can't figure out how to do this or where to go to do it. When I go to the posting page, it does not give me the option for a new message (this is greyed out)?? Help!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com