Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Welcome and Introductions

Please introduce yourself here!

I'm Paul and I've been with Barnes & Noble for the past five years. I'll be your cruise director on this wonderful voyage. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Sounds like this could be an interesting book and more importantly cause a very interesting discussion.

I'm Susan, I'm in my late 20's and live in Southern NH... this will be my 5th First Look book (I'm currently participating in the first YA First Look - Hush, Hush).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I am Cathy from Central NJ. I am married and have three children. My oldest is a freshman in college and we moved her in this past Friday - we miss her; however, the school is nearby and if she needs anything, I can drop it off on my way home from work. :smileyvery-happy:

I have particpicated in several of the first look discussions and I have to say that each one has been very enjoyable. Looking forward to another interesting discussion.

Contributor
Wilson54
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am Carole from Northern New Jersey.  Not married, no children, one cat.  I am very much looking forward to reading The PostMistress and participating in the discussions.

Wilson54

Carole
(wilson54)
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!    I'm Mary Ann from Columbia,SC.

I have been checking everyday for the announcement from Paul about the October First Book.    And, yeah today is the day.   I hope I am selected to participate.

Mary Ann

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I'm Barb and this will hopefully be my 3rd First Look.  I've thoroughly enjoyed participating in the last two reads, especially since there are no book clubs in the small town I live in.  I have four children - with my youngest just starting grad school.  I'm an "empty nester" and am not liking it! 

Hope to see you all on the boards!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Karen. I'm a 56 year old by the calendar and much younger at heart although sometimes my body begs to differ. I live in Pawleys Island SC and love to read. Right now I'm reading Hush Hush the YA first look and enjoying it immensly. My grown daughter and I enjoy reading these books and talking about them together as well as on the boards.

Contributor
emers0207
0 Kudos

I'm Emily and a stay-at-home mom to three young boys.  I have an absolute addiction to books and can't wait to read this one!

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I just sent my message and am hoping to get The Postmistress.

My name is Tarri and I live in Mount Vernon, Washington.  It's a small(ish) town about 60 miles from Seattle and 60 miles from Vancouver, British Columbia.  I am in my middle  50s (OMG, how did that happen) and have been retired for about five years.  I love to read and do all kinds of crafty things, right now I'm reading Kris Radish's latest and knitting a pair of socks for my sister, in between mowing the lawn, tending my farms on Facebook, and making applesauce from our five apple trees. 

I can't wait to begin.

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm Dawn and I live on Long Island.

I have enjoyed participating in the First Look Club on previous occasions and am really looking forward to this selection - it looks like a great book! Just sent in my email request and hope I receive a copy of The Postmistress.

Looking forward to discussing it with you all on this wonderful voyage that Paul will be directing! :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
bkwormwoman
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm Carey and I live in NH.  This sounds like such an interesting book!  I just requested it and am hoping I am lucky enough to receive one so I can participate!

Correspondent
detailmuse
0 Kudos

Hi all! I've thoroughly enjoyed half a dozen First Look discussions, then had trouble accessing this site so bowed out for a few months. I'm thrilled to see "The Postmistress" chosen and am hoping the tech aspects stay non-wonky!

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

My name is Gail Marie, and I love to read very much.  I always have a book in my car or handbag plus I go to the library and BN etc.  Now if we want to talk about my house I have books all over  my house, I am still waiting for my husband to put up bookshelves in one of the room for my library room.  Any way I just turn 57 on July l, but I am young at heart always, people keep telling me to act my age what do they mean by that. This book sounds a lot like Love and War, I love books that make you read to the end to find out the secret that is hided.  Can't wait to read this book.

Frequent Contributor
luvmykiddos
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Danielle and I am in Idaho. I am very intrigued already and cannot wait to get a hold of this book!!! I have more time on my hands now that all my kids are in school and this sounds like it will happily help me pass the time!

lmpmn
0 Kudos

Hi fellow First-Lookers!

I'm Laura, 34 (soon to be 35), mom of a 13-year-old.  We have 4 cats, 1 foster cat, and 1 foster kitten.  I love the First Look Book Club and B&N.  I've encouraged my sister to join this time around, so hopefully she signs up in time.  I'm not working right now so I've joined the Hush, Hush group as well.  My daughter already read it and will participate in the discussion too (I hope).  I've enjoyed all the books we've read and really appreciate the chance to read them and then discuss them here with all of you!

Happiness is a warm blanket!
JaneM
0 Kudos

I'm Jane M from Southern California.  I've been in several FL book clubs and I think The Postmistress sounds excellent.  I'm looking forward to some rousing discussions.

Jane M.
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Wow! This book sounds fantastic! Another hit for the selectors. :smileyhappy:

I am Donna and I love the First Look Book Club. My husband and I live in Western MA with our dog Oscar. Our children are grown and out of the house, leaving us time to read and discuss books together.  Reading is a passion of mine and I hope to be involved in this FL choice with all of you!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Luanne from Minnesota. I love to read with my 2 dogs sitting by me.

This sounds like an interesting book. World War II is a good time in history for a story.

Definitely looking for a good discussion.

pen21

Contributor
LeandraMartinelli
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a Northern NJ SAHM of three wonderful boys, 21 13 and 3. I love historical books and am looking forward to reading this book.

To be honest I love to read and will read just about anything : )

Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody, 

I'm Lynda from northeastern Ohio and newly retired  :smileyhappy:.  Although I opted out of the last First Look selection I decided to make The Postmistress , I think, my fifth or sixth First Look Book.  Love B & N for this opportunity to share new books with so many booklovers who have so much to offer in enhancing any book!  See ya in October, my favorite month of the year!

Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire