Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi,

I'm Toni and right now I'm involved in the Hush, Hush First Look Bookclub as well as others I have participated in old as well as new book discussions since 1998 and love History so I am looking forward to reading this book.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
Shelsie
0 Kudos

Hi all~ My name is Shelsie and I can't wait to read The Postmistress.  It sounds like a great book!

Correspondent
jabrkeKB

Hi everyone,

I'm from Northern NJ and have 3 kids 16, 13,and 12. I'm so glad BN picked this book! I read that Kathryn Stockett, the author of The Help, recommended this book and I immediately put it on my TBR list.

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

I'm Betty from Raleigh, NC. This book sounds intriguing and I hope to be able to discuss it with you. I am a retired English teacher...2 married sons and 3 grandbabies...one just 4 weeks old today...one pomeranian...one dh...look forward to getting to know you.

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Bonnie.  I live in Tallahassee, Florida.  I have enjoyed reading everyone's introductions.  It sounds like it will be a fun group.  This is my first First Look.  I have just submitted the email requesting the book.  I hope to join in the discussion.

Bonnie

Correspondent
DiniB
0 Kudos

Hi from northern NJ (formerly San Franc isco).  I've been here for 15 days.  This will be my 4th 1st Look.  I'm 37, married with 2 Cairn Terriers.

Goodreads ID: dinib
Frequent Contributor
judycarr
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I am Judy and am from Central New York.  Hopeing to get in on this First Look.  Have done several but got an ARC for the last one and never did a post!  I read the please participate notice on this sign up and thought "they are talking to me!"  So of course I promise to participate if I get a copy! 

Love to read!  Love to write!  I am looking forward to talking with all of you! 

Frequent Contributor
mooks
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a pathologist working in the Bronx but living in Brooklyh.  The only free time that I have for reading is in my long commute from Brooklyn through Manhattan to the Bronx and back everyday.   I have been a FL member since Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, Of Bees and Mist and Under This Unbroken Sky.  My favorite so far was Under This Unbroken Sky.

This is a great program and works well for me because it exposes me to great books and the timeframe to finish each one.

Thanks so much and I hope to be part of this next FL book offer.

Randy

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Gaby from Brooklyn, NY (by way of Manila, Philippines, Boston, Philadelphia, New Hampshire & Connecticut).  I'm a corporate lawyer who used to practice in Manila and in a big law firm in NYC.  I've been trying to start my own practice, but it's been slow going.  I've been busy with pro bono work, volunteering for my condo, and through fellow First Lookers have discovered the world of book blogs.  I've started my blog, Starting Fresh and usually post my reviews there, on Barnes  & Noble, Goodreads, Librarything and a few more sites.

I participated in FL several times before and love it. Not just for the generous gift of a book, but the selections are always unusual and interesting and the discussions are great fun.  I'd raved about it so much that my husband Randy joined. It's particularly fun to discuss the books at home as well.

Thank you so much. I hope that I'm part of the Post Mistress FL group!

Gaby

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

I'm Gisela from the San Francisco Bay Area. This will be my third First Look. Short Bio: I read. I write. I knit. I photograph. I travel. I pull weeds.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,  I'm Carolyn from northern Virginia.  The kids will be going back to school in a few days so it will be the perfect time to sink my teeth into a new book.  I've participated in FL since the 4th or 5th book and have enjoyed the thought-provoking discussions.  The Postmistress looks very interesting.  I love this book club.  It has lifted me out of my reading comfort zone and the discussions have really kept me on my toes.  It's like an adult English class, a class that you actually want to do your homework for!

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

I agree, Gaby.  The previous FL selections have been unusual and interesting.  That's what I love about this book club!

Carolyn

gl wrote:

Hi,

I'm Gaby from Brooklyn, NY (by way of Manila, Philippines, Boston, Philadelphia, New Hampshire & Connecticut).  I'm a corporate lawyer who used to practice in Manila and in a big law firm in NYC.  I've been trying to start my own practice, but it's been slow going.  I've been busy with pro bono work, volunteering for my condo, and through fellow First Lookers have discovered the world of book blogs.  I've started my blog, Starting Fresh and usually post my reviews there, on Barnes  & Noble, Goodreads, Librarything and a few more sites.

I participated in FL several times before and love it. Not just for the generous gift of a book, but the selections are always unusual and interesting and the discussions are great fun.  I'd raved about it so much that my husband Randy joined. It's particularly fun to discuss the books at home as well.

Thank you so much. I hope that I'm part of the Post Mistress FL group!

Gaby

Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Hello, All!  I've just signed up and am looking forward to the discussions!  This one looks good.

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Beth and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 teens and 1 young adult. I live in WI and have huge love for books. I have participated in a few of the First Look Books and have enjoyed the discussions. Looking forward to The Postmistress. Sounds like another great read. Great to see returning faces and new faces too!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

Hi,  I'm Yvonne and I've been in First Look from the beginning. This too sounds like a great book. Hope I'm choosen to participate.

Correspondent
ssizemore
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Sandy from Georgia and I am excited at the possibility of being part of this book club.  I am the mother of two grown children, grandmother of four (all under 6!), and an avid reader.  I was honored to read Under This Unbroken Sky and learned lots from the discussions.  I am a member of a Book Club here in Macon and I am always searching for a good read to be used with the group.  Looking forward to it!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Ohhhh, I just love that little word "confirmed".  Can't wait to get started!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Contributor
andiev
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I'm Andrea from New York.  I'm 19 and I'm a junior in college.  This is my first First Look and I'm really excited to participate.

Contributor
Wilson54
0 Kudos

Hi Jane - I am Carole from North Jersey - so in being parat of the group do I get to come to your shore house to hang out to discuss the book?" LOL -

Carole
(wilson54)
New User
aggieactuary
0 Kudos

Central CT.   Western MA is beautiful, and Fall is right around the corner.

Assuming I get the book, I'm going to try to get my wife to read it as well.  It sounds right up her alley.

DSaff wrote:

Welcome to the group, aggieactuary! Where in New England? My husband and I are in Western MA.