Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

skiibunny1213 wrote:

Hi I'm from Western NC and this is my fifth time participating in the first look club.  I really like this book club because it forces me out of my reading comfort zone and has introduced me to some fantastic authors that I may never have read otherwise.  It has also made me braver in my book selections when I go to B&N to browse and buy!  I am looking forward to this book because I really love historical fiction. 

HI skiibunny!   I am from not too western NC, but west of I-77!    Good to see  you here!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

I see some have received their confirmations already!  I hope i get mine soon, as I signed up yesterday!!

Lisa- trying not to sound whiny

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Welcome Bonnie,

I am originally from Tallahassee and visit there quite often to see my sister and niece.  

First Look is a great book club.

Mary Ann

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Kim. Hopefully the book and discussion will help fill some of your time. I needed that when my last one left home. :smileywink:

EiLvReedn wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to the club I had read some of the first offerings but had no time to discuss. Summer is coming to a close and I plan to do more of what I love best READ. I am still working but am a partial empty nester. Partial as I have one daughter who comes and goes. I also have a husband and a dog. I'm from Minnesota and look forward to many good discussions.

Kim

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Christine! I'm glad you were able to sign up for this one and hope you enjoy the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

ChrisB_NJ wrote:

Hi, my name is Chris (short for Christine). I'm in my 50's and live in northern New Jersey. This is my first First Look. I regretted missing out on Of Bees and Mist. I'm very excited - this sounds like a book I'll REALLY enjoy!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Frequent Contributor
Shapatm
0 Kudos

christyross wrote:

my name is Christy.  I have a Husband and two kids under two ... yet somehow I think I have the time to read this book on schedule!  :-)

A friend gave me the link to the B&N book clubs and I'm excited to get started with the book and into discussion.  This is my first book.

I'm so glad you made it!

Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

This will be my seventh First Look and I am as excited as always.  However this Historical novel  seems to be 

one that has me awaiting its arrival already---love affairs, love letters--it sounds wonderful

Contributor
BSC42
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You are a nerd, but I love you anyways SIS!! And that sounds like a good idea to try for my first book!!

Thanks for telling me about this!!

Inspired Contributor
Popper19
0 Kudos

Carmenere_lady wrote:

See ya in October, my favorite month of the year!

October is my favorite month of the year too!!  I'm Becky from Northeastern Wisconsin.  The leaves are starting to subtly change here - I loves this time of year!!!!  I am 31.  I work part-time and have two young boys (4 and 6 1/2 months).  My oldest starts 4K tomorrow - I'm a nervous wreck waiting for the first time I have to see him get on the bus!!  

Contributor
Quzygirl
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I just received my confirmation and I am so excited! This will be my second "First Look" and I think it's such a great experience. Chatting with fellow book lovers, interacting with the author.... I'm from Connecticut, an avid book reader, run a book club and have a book blog. I look forward to meeting people while we discuss The Postmistress....

Suz

Reader
slrihm
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm brand new to this and hope I followed all the steps correctly!

I'm a native of Washington State and live now in Iowa.  I moved from a tiny community in the north central part to the Des Moines area in June.  I love living in the midwest.

I had a great time reading this summer and look forward to reading and discussing online!

New User
n4bgw

After reading just the first page of introductions, I feel like the only male in here.........

My name is Brandon, and I just turned 20 a month ago. I've been kicking myself to read something, since I've managed to read almost nothing since I graduated from high school a little over a year ago. I'm a freshman at Florida International University, and majoring in Information Technology and minoring in Music. After reading the synopsis that popped up on my fan page from Facebook, I decided this is what I would challenge myself to read.

I look forward to discussing this book with every one of y'all, as much as I look forward to reading it! :smileyhappy:

http://www.facebook.com/SiriusGoWoof

Brandon

New User
Diverbrian
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am Brian.  I am 42, married and live in Central Florida near Disney.  I am looking forward to being a member of this club and getting to read and discuss the books we are given.  I was a middle school science/history teacher until having to retire early due to a medical condition.  I am mostly housebound so this is a great opportunity for me to have something interesting to do during the day and have some additional social contact with the outside world.  I can't wait to get started!!!

Reader
msbertrand
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Monica and this will be my 1st First Look book!

I'm 29, have a 10 month old daughter, wonderful husband, and a cat.

Looking forward to being a part of this discussion.

New User
RachelK
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Rachel and I live in Central Indiana.

This will be my first experience with FL and hopefully not my last!

I am excited to read this book and hope I get to participate!

Rachel

Contributor
Biblio_Sue
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I'm Suzanne.  I like to read -- a lot.  And I like to talk about books so I look forward to many interesting conversations!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Suzanne! You are among friends - we love to read and discuss. :smileywink:

Biblio_Sue wrote:

Hello everyone.  I'm Suzanne.  I like to read -- a lot.  And I like to talk about books so I look forward to many interesting conversations!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Rachel! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:

RachelK wrote:

Hi, I am Rachel and I live in Central Indiana.

This will be my first experience with FL and hopefully not my last!

I am excited to read this book and hope I get to participate!

Rachel

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It's nice to meed you, Monica! It's good to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

msbertrand wrote:

Hi! I'm Monica and this will be my 1st First Look book!

I'm 29, have a 10 month old daughter, wonderful husband, and a cat.

Looking forward to being a part of this discussion.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Brian!  The FL group is awesome and I hope you enjoy yourself. There are also lots of other wonderful discussions here, too, that you might enjoy.  :smileywink:

Diverbrian wrote:

Hi,

I am Brian.  I am 42, married and live in Central Florida near Disney.  I am looking forward to being a member of this club and getting to read and discuss the books we are given.  I was a middle school science/history teacher until having to retire early due to a medical condition.  I am mostly housebound so this is a great opportunity for me to have something interesting to do during the day and have some additional social contact with the outside world.  I can't wait to get started!!!